Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 - Reaper of Idiots

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why are all Blizzard games inane grinds? Do people legit find it fun to grind the same shit for weeks to upgrade from a Sword of Death Hellfire Fag Slayer +111000 to Burning Devil Rapier +111001? Or is it just like a sad drug addiction or something?

Starcraft 1/2 weren't grinds. Grinding is the whole point of diablo clones though, and D3 is really good at it right now. You don't need to grind that much if you just want a good build, the heavy grinding is pretty much just to get a top score on greater rifts for the autists.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
necro is very entertaining (at least pre-70), running around with a huge army curb stomping motherfuckers. we'll see how sets screw that up (which i know they will).

I thought the necro got like 7 skeletons and one or two pets on a timer max?

Sentinel

Arcane
You can have 7 skeletons, 1 golem (both permanent), then you have skills to summon skeleton mages/archers (they last 6 seconds, can be increased by 25% with a passive, you can summon as many as you want) and revive enemies slain on the battlefield, up to a maximum of 10 of them.
That's at least 20 guys just following you around on the battlefield.

This doesn't include bonuses from sets, I haven't found any sets yet.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
You can have 7 skeletons, 1 golem (both permanent), then you have skills to summon skeleton mages/archers (they last 6 seconds, can be increased by 25% with a passive, you can summon as many as you want) and revive enemies slain on the battlefield, up to a maximum of 10 of them.
That's at least 20 guys just following you around on the battlefield.

This doesn't include bonuses from sets, I haven't found any sets yet.

no sets give you extra summons. there's one unique that summons an extra skeleton mage when you cast skeleton mage, and there are other uniques from before that summon stuff (which work with any class) but yeah, I have at least 18 monsters running around (1 golem, 7 skeletons, 10 revives) plus enchantress (and i'll probably slap a nagelring + that sword that summons that leashed demon). In terms of sheer volume of summons I think a witchdoctor fetish build still wins out for now. Necro just makes it a lot easier to keep a lot of them around since you don't need any specific uniques. revive doesn't even cost any essence to cast, you can spam it all you want.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
got to fill up summoning set. it's utter shit. or rather, it relies on skeleton mage skill, and the skeleton mage skill is utter shit. even with the 4 extra seconds and extra mage from the skeleton mage ring, it still piles up micromanagement on top of the rest of the constant micromanagement, which makes it impossible to dodge properly if you're not an autistic korean. I've heard good things about the melee inarius set, and there's a nice build I want to try with that. the bone spear set looks good too, despite the complaints. i'm 1 piece away from having 5 pieces for inarius, but the last one just won't drop from that bloodsucking cunt kadala. i actually spend more time farming with my summoning monk (which makes a better high torment summoner than the actual necro summoning set) than playing with the necro :mad:

I should take a break and spend some time relaxing by running from cannibals and mutants with 5 legs and 5 vaginas in The Forest before the gambling addiction in this game gives me a heart attack.

J1M

Arcane
Pretty sad that the necromancer was made in a generic builder/spender resource model.

One of the reasons people liked the D2 necro was a play style that didn't require clicking precisely on monsters.

abija

Prophet
99% of D3 doesn't require clicking precisely on monsters. Just because Mastermind believes looking up the click to move key (and sometimes using it) equals korean worthy micromanagement, doesn't make it true.

abija

Prophet
You said pet necromancer requires so much micromanagement you can't dodge properly, hence my mentioning the click to move key, retard.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
You said pet necromancer requires so much micromanagement you can't dodge properly, hence my mentioning the click to move key, retard.

diablo 3 is already click to move, idiot. I can't dodge properly because i have 5-6 skills to aim on top of needing to constantly keep up your skeleton mage count (which forces your character to stop moving and summon even if you bind them to hotkeys). It's just not fun to play.

abija

Prophet
diablo 3 is already click to move, idiot. I can't dodge properly because i have 5-6 skills to aim on top of needing to constantly keep up your skeleton mage count (which forces your character to stop moving and summon even if you bind them to hotkeys). It's just not fun to play.
They dumbed this shit so much they put auto ability cast on fucking items and you still complain. Casting spells in an action game apparently is called micromanagement now.

Black

Arcane

You can bind a key to "force move".

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
They dumbed this shit so much they put auto ability cast on fucking items and you still complain. Casting spells in an action game apparently is called micromanagement now.

You're a stupid motherfucker who doesn't seem to comprehend even the absolute basics of what I'm criticizing (tell me more about the "click to move" button in a click to move game, shithead). Shut the fuck up and kill yourself.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard

You can bind a key to "force move".

The only thing force move does is move instead of activating skills when your cursor is over enemies. it does not let you cast while moving, you still have to stop to cast skeleton mage. mages aren't even aimed at anything, so the button does absolutely nothing for that skill.

abija

Prophet
You said you can't dodge, which means you are unable to execute a move command not that you choose to cast a spell when you should move.
And look up micromanagement because it hardly fits to ai controlled pets that you need to retarget every blue moon and aoe curses.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
You said you can't dodge, which means you are unable to execute a move command

You cannot move while casting skeleton mage, dumbfuck. Force move (not "click to move") is there so you can force your character to move into a group of enemies instead of, say, shooting them. It does not magically remove the cast animation.

not that you choose to cast a spell when you should move.

There's not much "choice", you have to keep spamming mages to keep your set bonus.

And look up micromanagement because it hardly fits to ai controlled pets that you need to retarget every blue moon and aoe curses.

Unlike the witchdoctor all the necro summons have some micromanagement involved. in open area rifts you can have monsters coming from all directions. that's 4-5 aoe curses, revives, mages ever 3 seconds (if you're lucky and have that skeleton mage ring, if not you're gonna be recasting them every second) where you're rooted in place for half a second, recharging essence, keeping eyes on both the screen, your essence and your mage count simultaneously, etc. I've played just about every diablo clone released, none of them required this much micro. diablo 2 summon necro just had you spam amplify damage/corpse explosion at its most complex.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
I'm sorry Diablo 3 is too complicated for you.

What is it with all the low IQ retards coming out of the woodwork?

So close to self awareness and yet...

Like usual on this shit site, I'm the only one making actual arguments. A low iq subhuman like you can only insinuate and insult because you know you have nothing intelligent to say, you just jump on the "D3 is shit" bandwagon like the rest of the retards. My own IQ drops just from talking to people like you, like an old person who spent all day yelling at his goat.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Like usual on this shit site, I'm the only one making actual arguments. A low iq subhuman like you can only insinuate and insult because you know you have nothing intelligent to say, you just jump on the "D3 is shit" bandwagon like the rest of the retards. My own IQ drops just from talking to people like you, like an old person who spent all day yelling at his goat.

Yes, yes, you're very bright. So bright that you discern a "D3 is shit argument" in my post that said nothing like that. I only noted that you're either terrible at the game or like to whine on the internet. Or both.

Anyway, have fun with sucking at D3 and your Mensa applications.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom