Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 - Reaper of Idiots

bonescraper

Warrant, lol. There's millions of people looking forward to an expansion. And they would buy it instantly. You raise the level cap by another 10 and lock half of the new content behind that level gap, you got people hooked again. Jeezus fug.

bonescraper

Yes, the next expansion or sequel will sell as much copies as there are people playing Diablo 3 today. This way no sequel would ever make money.

Fuck, you're quite dense, aren't you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Revenant

It's you who's dense by refusing to admit that this game is fucking dead. By the time RoS was released, there were still a few people playing, but now nobody gives a shit about Diablo anymore. Don't believe me? Where are the competitive events, awards, any form of coverage whatsoever apart from this Blizzcon's extremely lackluster revealings? Jesus, there's really something wrong with Diablo fans, they always seem to cling to the last straws while completely ignoring the reality that their game is no longer relevant whatsoever.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Kripp streamed D1 HD mod after being disgusted by the D1 in D3 and it had more viewers that whole D3 in twitch :D

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, this was fucking disappointing. Every time I think Blizzard might actually get off their asses and go back to making enjoyable games again they find a new way to let me down.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Battle vs the Summoner in D1HD mod is better and more exciting than any boss battle from D3, GD or PoE :D

Thane Solus

Arcane
Wow its even worse than i expected, the filter, the movement, the cheapo filter that makes it look worse than D1. Took the prefabs from cathedral d3, added those related mobs and laughed at the idiots. On that UI.. and a few items.

Absolutely disgusting. There is nobody left at Blizz capable to make decent games.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo-iii/diablo-3-evolution-jay-wilson

Early Diablo 3 was closer to Diablo 2, "and we weren't excited by it", says ex-game director

Jay Wilson, the game director of vanilla Diablo III, had a lengthy chat with fans on Twitter last night. He discussed the early design of Diablo III and how it changed over time, and took aim at the "conspiracy theories" he often hears touted about game development.

Long-time fans of the series might be interested to hear that early versions of D3 were much closer to Diablo 2, "and we weren't excited by it. It wasn't worth releasing."

In response to fan theories about Blizzard management imposing "the lighthearted tone and feel" compared to previous Diablos, Wilson is full of praise for his former employer, saying "there was no upper management pressure. Blizzard was the most creative freedom I had in my game career."

The discussion then turned to comparisons between current Diablo III and launch Diablo III. Wilson quit as game director of D3 in January 2013, moving on to another project within Blizzard.

Answering a fan who says "D3 feels like it's grown into its own" after a rocky launch and such controversies as the real-money auction house - which Wilson initially defended, taking flak for doing so - Wilson says "I agree. I wish the current D3 had been shipping D3, but the learning process is what led to what's current. I think the best thing about Blizzard is that they give their games time to evolve. Few game companies support their games like they do. A part of me wishes I stuck around for this, but after 8 years I was very burnt out. I also think there were benefits in some fresh eyes."

A fan then asked how much of current D3's features were "tabled" during its original design phase, to which Wilson says "seasons and rifts were planned in a general sense, but D3 benefited from play and learning in the wild."

Wilson concluded his Twitter session by taking aim at various conspiracy theories that had cropped up, like one fan's suggestion that D3 was held back for fear of cannibalising WoW players, or that Activision and EA are solely interested in money rather than game quality.

I’m not saying there are no bad people anywhere," says Wilson, "but execs of companies live in a world of compromises they make to keep the doors open. Few if any are sitting in an evil lair plotting the demise of humanity, or trying to figure out how to ruin a game you love.”

His last Tweets strike an optimistic tone, asking fans not to assume the worst and defending the philosophy that money will come if you just make a great game.

tK2Xc.jpg

Wish he fucked off sooner.

I don't know what it is about the way this fucking cuck talks, but it's so irritating. SO fucking irritating.

That's what autism sounds like.

Sykar

Arcane
http://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo-iii/diablo-3-evolution-jay-wilson

Early Diablo 3 was closer to Diablo 2, "and we weren't excited by it", says ex-game director

Jay Wilson, the game director of vanilla Diablo III, had a lengthy chat with fans on Twitter last night. He discussed the early design of Diablo III and how it changed over time, and took aim at the "conspiracy theories" he often hears touted about game development.

Long-time fans of the series might be interested to hear that early versions of D3 were much closer to Diablo 2, "and we weren't excited by it. It wasn't worth releasing."

In response to fan theories about Blizzard management imposing "the lighthearted tone and feel" compared to previous Diablos, Wilson is full of praise for his former employer, saying "there was no upper management pressure. Blizzard was the most creative freedom I had in my game career."

The discussion then turned to comparisons between current Diablo III and launch Diablo III. Wilson quit as game director of D3 in January 2013, moving on to another project within Blizzard.

Answering a fan who says "D3 feels like it's grown into its own" after a rocky launch and such controversies as the real-money auction house - which Wilson initially defended, taking flak for doing so - Wilson says "I agree. I wish the current D3 had been shipping D3, but the learning process is what led to what's current. I think the best thing about Blizzard is that they give their games time to evolve. Few game companies support their games like they do. A part of me wishes I stuck around for this, but after 8 years I was very burnt out. I also think there were benefits in some fresh eyes."

A fan then asked how much of current D3's features were "tabled" during its original design phase, to which Wilson says "seasons and rifts were planned in a general sense, but D3 benefited from play and learning in the wild."

Wilson concluded his Twitter session by taking aim at various conspiracy theories that had cropped up, like one fan's suggestion that D3 was held back for fear of cannibalising WoW players, or that Activision and EA are solely interested in money rather than game quality.

I’m not saying there are no bad people anywhere," says Wilson, "but execs of companies live in a world of compromises they make to keep the doors open. Few if any are sitting in an evil lair plotting the demise of humanity, or trying to figure out how to ruin a game you love.”

His last Tweets strike an optimistic tone, asking fans not to assume the worst and defending the philosophy that money will come if you just make a great game.

More proof that Jew Wilson is a fucking retard.

Thane Solus

Arcane
Ok...

- This game feels really good to play, but is so abysmally retarded in every other way I'm speechless. Who balanced this game, a braindead chimpanzee? Every good int equip I drop for my Wizard also provides a ton of vit, which makes me an unstoppable killing machine who's also much more tanky than I should be, and I'm even using the glass cannon passive skill. Not to mention, I just finished D1 twice before starting with this game so I clearly remember how you have to make a lot of decisions on that game regarding your equipment, especially between regeneration or flat amounts of HP/MP. In this game, you have everything and then some.

- The numbers are too big, like jRPG big. D1 had elegant smaller numbers that you could quantify. I barely started playing this game and I'm already dealing more than 5k damage on crits. You can't keep track of what's huge damage and what's not, everything is just huge numbers popping everywhere.

- Why the fuck am I regenerating - in a Wizard - 170 HP every second? I can leave my character in the middle of a mob and go take a piss, when I come back he's full HP outhealing all the damage. I literally just did this, in fact. I don't think I've seen this in any game, ever. Not even in the most dumbed down piece of shit I've played before I'd survive being AFK with a supposedly squishy character (using a passive skill called glass cannon) being beaten by a mob.

- I've already changed the difficulty to expert and I'm still yet to see my HP go lower than 80%. What the fuck is going on?

They changed the difficulty since they introduced the retardo Torment I-XII. So first difficulty go for Expert/Torment I for some "challenge". 5k dmg? Haha its getting way more disturbing than that just like WOW, how about at 5mi - 25m crits (80m on high T?) ?. Power Creep designers, the worse of blizzard on both shitty games. And most of the items and their attributes are retardo, beside a few legendary that bring a bit of uniques from D2 (spawn a angel, or a squad of those suicide squids and so on).

I played with 2 chars until i was doing Rifts 20-25, then and i uninstalled it (probably the last game i will ever bought from Blizz). It was boring and retardo, in multi is even worse. It has decent graphics, effects and animations + polish, on the mechanics and gameplay Grimdawn and POE are superior, so its a retardo hack and slash for those have no idea about D2, D1, Titan quests. Even the manboons if you look on the official site (forums/news) are disgusted about the seasons, high end game, and their uber shitt update.

Fuck blizzard and their shitty games.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok...
- This game feels really good to play, but is so abysmally retarded in every other way I'm speechless. Who balanced this game, a braindead chimpanzee? Every good int equip I drop for my Wizard also provides a ton of vit, which makes me an unstoppable killing machine who's also much more tanky than I should be, and I'm even using the glass cannon passive skill. Not to mention, I just finished D1 twice before starting with this game so I clearly remember how you have to make a lot of decisions on that game regarding your equipment, especially between regeneration or flat amounts of HP/MP. In this game, you have everything and then some.

- The numbers are too big, like jRPG big. D1 had elegant smaller numbers that you could quantify. I barely started playing this game and I'm already dealing more than 5k damage on crits. You can't keep track of what's huge damage and what's not, everything is just huge numbers popping everywhere.

- Why the fuck am I regenerating - in a Wizard - 170 HP every second? I can leave my character in the middle of a mob and go take a piss, when I come back he's full HP outhealing all the damage. I literally just did this, in fact. I don't think I've seen this in any game, ever. Not even in the most dumbed down piece of shit I've played before I'd survive being AFK with a supposedly squishy character (using a passive skill called glass cannon) being beaten by a mob.

- I've already changed the difficulty to expert and I'm still yet to see my HP go lower than 80%. What the fuck is going on?
Blizzard North team left Blizzard after D2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom