Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 - Reaper of Idiots

And still no pvp. It would have been cool if they allowed the retro filter to be applied outside of Darkening Tristram as they call it. Funny thing is that D1 was never pixeleted, for its time it was incredible, hell it even looks better than Arcanum.
It's a cool addition but I like D1 more and withe HD mod it's better then D3.
Wonder how difficult the dungeons will be...D3 is a joke on normal. D3 music it's like non existent, it's awful compared to D1 and 2.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I glimpsed this over at NeoGAYF:

So I read up on the panel details and....

- The Diablo 1 thing is an Anniversary Event. It's not just a rift, but they're doing neat stuff like locking the camera more, low-res graphic filter, old school UI, 8-directional movement, and so on. But... the kicker is that it's a time limited event for Jan 2017, and they will bring it back "every Jan"... like the Overwatch seasonal events. Lol. So it's free, but it's only available one month out of 12 every year! Yay online only service gaming!

- The Necromancer is not going to be available until the second half of 2017. Wow. That's a long time for a paid DLC character addition on a game that's aging rapidly and has no new expansion in sight.

What a goddamn joke if true.

Better just play that shit: http://diablo1.ovh.org/hd/

d3_17anni_catacombslvls_tf_10.png

My friend linked me and said that this was a screenie of the Diablo 1 remake catacomb.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Wait, are they seriously releasing a playable character dlc more than 4 years after the initial release?
But this game wasn't even relevant a few months after it came out. What the fuck, Blizzard.

To me it looks like they're forseeing the inevitable death of Overwatch (even a braindead die hard Overwatch drone I know from my job stopped playing this crap some time ago, because there's really no content and the skill ceiling ends on the floor). It was a fun, but short-lived hype, that made money, but will die out soon enough. Blizzard just might test with the Necromancer pack to see how the players will react to a scam character dlc pack.
And then, boom, Diablo 4 moba-sque multiplayer experience. Pay up 60€ on entry, enjoy a few maps and wait for those tasty character packs 20€ each.

They will never release the Diablo game as a free to play. It will be even worse, it will be Overwatch all over again. And they really sold a shit ton of keys for f2p tier title with absolutely no content at all for 60€.

Black

Arcane
Well they've been releasing co-op "commanders" for sc2 for a while now as dlc so :M

Not only on Blizzard forums, but also on Facebook, reddit ,etc. Hell they even showed photos from modded Diablo 1 and 2 as reference.
This is epic fail for Blizzard.

Gerrard

Arcane
So apparently they used some mod screenshots when talking about D1&2 instead of the actual game screenshots.
:hero:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It just goes to show how out of touch Blizzard really is now. They are so far up their own asses that they think they can do no wrong and can get away with any kind of half assed job. That's what years of fan coddling have done to them so it's kinda understandable that this is the mentality they have now. People wanted a Diablo 1 HD remake that breathes in new life to the MP, not this shit.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
How? It's just a free seasonal event that people get to play for a month once a year. No one is going to rush off to buy Diablo 3 to experience this.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
How? It's just a free seasonal event that people get to play for a month once a year. No one is going to rush off to buy Diablo 3 to experience this.

He's talking about the "new" necromancer, ITZ going to be sold like SC2 commanders.

Yes, but that's a different can of worms. I'm talking about the one thing that people with valuable opinions and interesting world views care about: Diablo 1.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
It just goes to show how out of touch Blizzard really is now. They are so far up their own asses that they think they can do no wrong and can get away with any kind of half assed job. That's what years of fan coddling have done to them so it's kinda understandable that this is the mentality they have now. People wanted a Diablo 1 HD remake that breathes in new life to the MP, not this shit.

I think it just shows what low priority Diablo 3 is for them at the moment. Not to mention that guy who was lead on the expansion left.

bonescraper

The only thing i really really like about this patch is that they fuking replace the absolutely shitty, terrible Diablo III soundtrack with Diablo soundtrack. They should do this the ways Starcraft 2 did, make it an option for the base game. Hell, i'd even pay money for a Diablo/Diablo II soundtrack DLC.

But yeah, this is low effort. Original Diablo was released in 1996, so the 20th anniversary is THIS year, not january 2017. This pretty much proves it's a half-assed idea they had to come up with fairly recently. And i just don't get it. How can you half ass something like this? Everyone was expecting either Diablo 4 or another expansion. This is the best selling PC game of all time, by 2014 it sold 20 million copies on PC alone ffs. There's tons of money to be made here. The necromancer DLC won't sell as well as a full expansion pack, so WTF?

Revenant

The problem is just there is nothing more possible to add to the game. What are they going to add? Another single player campaign that everyone will just rush through and then go back to farming the Adventure Mode? As for the latter, it's hard to think of any other original progression modes than Normal/Greater Rifts already provide. They could add some substantial PvP content to the game, but anyone wanting to engage in ability-based PvP is already playing WoW, so why bother.

bonescraper

Bullshit, there's literally everything they can add to the game, especially mechanics-wise.

Revenant

Like what? And how would new mechanics meaningfully alter the gameplay? It would still be the same carpal tunnel-inducing mindless slaughter of thousands AI-controlled mobs.

bonescraper

Yes, it's a mindless loot grinding game, yeah. And? That's what people paid for. Look at Reaper of Souls and all the free patches they made since "fuck that guy" left. They can keep adding/changing shit forever. Kanai's Cube, rifts, legendary gems, seasons, balance changes, character development changes, new item categories/slots, new game modes, improved pvp, more pvp modes, fucking everything. They have proven they're willing to take risks and scrap previous ideas like no other AAA company. I thought they'll never take down the auction house, since it's and endless stream of free money, well i was wrong. And they introduced plenty of stuff in free patches that others would ask money for.

Revenant

There, you answered your own question, the only stuff that can be added into the game can (and is) added through patches, but none of these changes would warrant a full priced expansion pack. €30 for 2 new rift tilesets? Trololo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom