Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 - Reaper of Idiots

I'm still betting it'll be a Diablo MMO. I think an expansion is unlikely considering how old the base game is.
I also don't think it will be an exp. Blizzard only does 1 exp (Diablo series). I only played D3 because on the perspective, if they will change that I won't bother.

It would be shit even if it was free, but necro's gonna cost like 20$ :M

Can't imagine too many people buying it, much like announcer packs in SC2 and other nonsense that blizzard seems to push in their B2P games. I'm sure it's profitable, but it just feels kinda dumb, since even blizzdrones seem to slowly wake up and move away to something else. SC2/hots/diablo3 are pretty much dead atm, as far as playerbase goes.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I guess I will try that D1 in D3, if it will be free. Since I bought D3 based on hype like an idiot I might as well get some use of it.

Revenant

It's way better than vanilla both in terms of atmosphere and storytelling, but that's irrelevant after all since the actual gameplay now lies in the Adventure mode.

Charging for individual heroes in Diablo is just about the most cretinous thing I can think of. Hope this shit bombs miserably.

Also, D1 in D3 engine is going to be shit on a stick. They've already admitted to their laziness by announcing AWSUM 'retro' video filters. Pass.

Fuck NuBlizzard.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I almost, almost, expected them to actually put in some effort, but alas.

A big bit of Diablo news came out of BlizzCon today, as Blizzard announced that the original Diablo is being recreated in Diablo 3. The update, which will be a free event, will feature almost everything you love about that great old game, from 16 levels and four main bosses to a special graphics filter that will make the graphics "pixelated and grainy," and even character movement that's locked to eight directions.

"There will be many secrets to discover as well. If you love Diablo, this anniversary event will be very nostalgic," chief development officer Frank Pearce said during his presentation.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Charging for individual heroes in Diablo is just about the most cretinous thing I can think of. Hope this shit bombs miserably.
Guarantee you this is a test bubble for Diablo 4. Odds are high it's going to be a F2P/microtransaction fest similar to Path of Exile. Yeah yeah I know PoE is only aesthetics or whatever. Same concept.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Really appreciate the effort to put D1 in D3. But what are the new additions to the actual gameplay?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
That we can at least play a diablo game with decent story and good atmosphere even if it has same shit character development system.

Psquit

Arcane
The filter makes diablo 3 look good. Wow colors were a mistake.

Characters packs... i hope blizzard goes bankrupt. I dig the edgy Necromancer, i miss the edginess of the diablo 2 heroes.

What's next, Rift packs? or more bounties packs?

Thane Solus

Arcane
The D1 in D3, its not a bad idea, but i bet it will be quite limited since its free...

One of the problem with d3 is that the campaign is horrible as story and characters, once you finished once or twice, most go to adventure mode which is a decent mode at first, until you realize that everything is about rifts. Also those 1 mil torments difficulty, the laziness of the developers to do a powercreep design is beyond anything ....

I still play it from time to time, and probably ill play more to make all characters i like, but each session doesn't hold me more than 1 hour or less. I doubt ill buy the necro if is more than 5 bucks.

On another note Grimdawn is 10x better than D3+POE. Not as complex as POE on character skills, but good enough to make crazy builds. Wanna do a melee character with summons? Shaman - melee? Rogue with aoe? Go ahead! Pretty cool. Without the retarded small maps and camera distance in your ass you find on POE.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't see the problem with a character pack as long as it's not too expensive. 15 bucks for the necro and stash space sounds ok. I particularly don't see the problem with it if I don't have to wait/pay for new expansions to get new characters. I think the average diablo clone should have the same class diversity as a d&d game (even the d&d diablo clones were limited to 4-5 fucking classes)

instead of necro (or even amazon, which was my favorite class in D2) I'd still prefer an entirely new class tho

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ability to swap items/skills/cube powers on the fly will be added sometime next year via the armory. About time. I just hope it can access stash items (or even better, just store them in the armory itself).

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I glimpsed this over at NeoGAYF:

So I read up on the panel details and....

- The Diablo 1 thing is an Anniversary Event. It's not just a rift, but they're doing neat stuff like locking the camera more, low-res graphic filter, old school UI, 8-directional movement, and so on. But... the kicker is that it's a time limited event for Jan 2017, and they will bring it back "every Jan"... like the Overwatch seasonal events. Lol. So it's free, but it's only available one month out of 12 every year! Yay online only service gaming!

- The Necromancer is not going to be available until the second half of 2017. Wow. That's a long time for a paid DLC character addition on a game that's aging rapidly and has no new expansion in sight.

What a goddamn joke if true.

Better just play that shit: http://diablo1.ovh.org/hd/

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
The only character I gave a crap about, comes 5 years too late. And it won't fix everything else that is broken in this dumbshit game.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
877a2cf50feeb825fe1b2d84df01ce8c.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom