Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dex Enhanced Edition Released

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Dex

2D Cyberpunk Sidescrolling RPG Dex, whose original release was apparently somewhat unsatisfactory, is now seeking to rectify that by releasing an "Enhanced Edition" of the game (which is all the rage these days). Here's the announcement:

It’s finally here, the Enhanced Version you’ve been waiting for!
You can download it now!

Here’s a reminder of the most important improvements this new update brings:
  • Manual saves.
  • Revamped AR / Cyberspace.
  • New user interface / menus.
  • Improved enemy AI / melee combat.
  • Ability to shoot while moving.
  • Steam Achievements / Trading Cards / Badges.
  • Full localization: French / German / Czech / Hungarian.
And much more.

We hope you have fun playing or replaying Dex, and we’re looking forward to your impressions!​

You can buy the game here.

Thanks almondblight!

SmartCheetah

Arcane
This looks cool. Has anyone tried it?

Just tried it. I like the art style and game feels pretty fine for a side scroller(seems to be freaking linear tho' - well, a side scroller) EDIT: Ok, there is actually some choice of paths.
I'm not a fan of female main character tho'

You got some skills, augumentations (haven't unlocked anything yet), equipment and other things. There are also dialogues in this game, so it's kinda cRPG'ish. Kinda.

Last edited:

nil

Cipher
This game has the most amazing crouched movement animation I've ever seen. It's simply magical.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I've only tried the Enhanced Edition, it's great. Give it a try. After a rather slow beginning it turns into something very similar to a 2D version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Writing and voice acting is great, the world is immersive and completely open from the get-go, the game rewards exploration and supports multiple play styles. You have basically everything that's in DX:HR - cyber augments, cyberspace & hacking, lockpicking, branching dialogues, stealth takedowns, evil corporations etc. I've only encountered 1 bug so far - one time after reloading the enemies that I already took out had respawned for some reason and killed me immediately after loading. It's NOT an action platformer, but rather a sidescrolling 2D RPG with RT combat.

I highly recommend trying Dex if you enjoy any of the Shadowrun games or DX:HR.

:4/5:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Dex Enhanced Edition Released

I thought a new version of the Codex had been released.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm not a fan of female main character tho'
I too prefer my male PC to fuck/plough/romance female secondary characters.
Although, if said option is also provided to a female PC, I might bear it if enough graphics and animations are provided to make it worthwhile.
I totally hate clipping errors when finger- and tongueplay is involved. Totally breaks immurshun!
#gamergate

(Slightly on-topic after changing it myself: Why aren't I showing my "I game money to Larians relationship simulator" flag thingy?!)

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
I've only tried the Enhanced Edition, it's great. Give it a try. After a rather slow beginning it turns into something very similar to a 2D version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Writing and voice acting is great, the world is immersive and completely open from the get-go, the game rewards exploration and supports multiple play styles. You have basically everything that's in DX:HR - cyber augments, cyberspace & hacking, lockpicking, branching dialogues, stealth takedowns, evil corporations etc. I've only encountered 1 bug so far - one time after reloading the enemies that I already took out had respawned for some reason and killed me immediately after loading. It's NOT an action platformer, but rather a sidescrolling 2D RPG with RT combat.

I highly recommend trying Dex if you enjoy any of the Shadowrun games or DX:HR.

:4/5:
Huh, sounds good. Will have to give this a spin.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Huh, sounds good. Will have to give this a spin.

If you do, don't judge the game merely based on the first 2-3 hours, since in the beginning you don't have any skills other than punching people and you're just following the main story. Once you get into the city areas the game opens up and becomes very enjoyable. If you want to get to the meat of the game quickly, I suggest running from early battles and taking lockpicking as your first skill.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What's the word on controls? The forums have recently had issue with gamepad support and I won't play a sidescroller without a gamepad.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
What's the word on controls? The forums have recently had issue with gamepad support and I won't play a sidescroller without a gamepad.
I played the original version with a XBOX controller. I didn't manage to target with a gun but to be honest I haven't spent much time trying (I stuck to melee fighting). I had no problem with anything else.

So how long is the game in total ?
About 20 hours (or a little more?) to do everything (there's no dead time, and no filler content). Note that the main story is short and you'll spend most of your time exploring the open city and solving side quests, that's a very good aspect of the game.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Apparently it's the EE that fucked up the controls. I'll probably buy it but I'm gonna wait til the last minute.

Drowed

Arcane
Dex Enhanced Edition Released

I thought a new version of the Codex had been released.

dex2.jpg

I can even taste the doritos right now.

---------

Oh, and the game looks alright, I think I will buy it in the next Steam Sale.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom