Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Devil May Cry 5

Suicidal

Arcane
Very excited for this and from the few gameplay tidbits they showed it looks like the combat will be fun. I just hope they don't decline it by adding spammable invulnerability dodges that barely require any skill to use or by making the enemies too non-threatening.

Also, I hate Nero's character as much as the next guy, but I really enjoyed his gameplay style in DMC4. I think the demon hand is one of the best implementations of QTE (if you can call it that) in action games, in that it is completely optional and there are no big UI popups saying "PRESS X, RETARD" whenever you can use it so it's up to you to figure out when you can, like for example, catching the paladin guy's spears or stopping the statue boss's punch. I'm glad to see this mechanic make a comeback in this game.

Martius

Liturgist
Isn't Vergil Nero's father? He is not going to win any father of the month prizes with this arm ripping.
I guess Vergil cares more about getting yamato back which is in Nero arm/devil bringer.

At first I wasnt sure what to think on new art style but after watching trailer few more times its not as bad as I thought. I doubt we could avoid big changes since DMC4 is at this point over 10 year old game. Plus it runs on same engine as last Resident Evil. Looks like models are based on scans/photos of voice and motion actors. That would explain Nero face, now its based on his actor - Johnny Yong Bosch. Probably same thing with Dante, Vergil and rest of cast.

I am bit surprised gameplay looks very similar to DMC4. Maybe its supposed to be more of evolution unless Capcom will show more crazy stuff at Gamescom.

sullynathan

Arcane
In the provincial Red Grave City, a giant tree with blood-sucking roots suddenly appeared and began attacking the people. Nero, a traveling demon exterminator, hurries there in the “Devil May Cry” van. Accompanying him and providing weapons is his sidekick Nico, a self-proclaimed “Weapons Artist.” (via

DmC5-Twitter_06-11-18_001.jpg

Powers stolen and pride lost, there are some things Nero seeks to reclaim. They are his beloved sword Red Queen which knocks about demons and thrusts him into battle, and his double-barreled, fire-shooting Blue Rose. The shine on his right hand is an anti-demon artificial arm called the Devil Breaker. “Nice…I’m going to rip you apart!” (via)

DmC5-Twitter_06-11-18_002.jpg

Nero

A young traveling demon hunter. He was once a Holy Knight for the Order of the Sword. And he is not far down the bloodline of the Legendary Dark Knight. (via)

DmC5-Twitter_06-11-18_003.jpg

Due to a certain event, Nero lost his demon hand, the Devil Trigger. However, his partner Nico helped him acquire a replacement, the new Devil Breaker. With it, he will stand against the invading demon forces. (via)

DmC5-Twitter_06-11-18_004.jpg

Nico

A self-proclaimed “Weapons Artist” who travels with Nero. She is a first-class weapon crafter. Her grandmother is the first-class gunsmith Nell Goldstein. (via)

DmC5-Twitter_06-11-18_005.jpg

She made the anti-demon artificial arm “Devil Breaker” for Nero. Although it was at the cost of her stamina, she is proud of the mechanisms she installed. The way she looks at her own work with such confidence is reminiscent of her father, who himself was a mad scientist. (via)

DmC5-Twitter_06-11-18_006.jpg

Gameplay

Continuing from Devil May Cry 4, Devil May Cry 5 features intense action, amazing graphics you will mistake for real life, and the fastest gameplay in the series to date, allowing you to move however you feel. The story will ramp up in intensity as you progress. This is a sequel that can only be created by developers who know Devil May Cry. The new RE Engine makes it possible to experience stylish action in 60 frames per second. (via, 2)

DmC5-Twitter_06-11-18_007.jpg

DmC5-Twitter_06-11-18_008.jpg

Create combos by grabbing, pulling, and driving into enemies. Grab. Pull. Drive into. Nero’s artificial right arm, the Devil Breaker, replaces the lost demon arm and wields a lot of power. Grab an enemy, pull them in, and attack them with your sword. You will get hooked on linking combos to create stylish action. (via, 2

DmC5-Twitter_06-11-18_008a.jpg

Decide how you want to style. The series’ gun and sword action is alive and well. Starting with the Devil Breaker, there are more new actions and systems to be announced. The possibilities for mastering style will infinitely expand. (via)

DmC5-Twitter_06-11-18_009.jpg

jungl

Augur
never understood devil may cry appeal. First one was the best thing about the series. Then you had the sequel that was like 4/10. Then 3 came along and was a departure from the previous games in that all about pointless juggling for high rank and hp sponge bosses. Never played 4. There is NOTHING RPG about this series.

Only thing caught my interest about the sony e3 was the resident evil 2 remake.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
never understood devil may cry appeal. First one was the best thing about the series. Then you had the sequel that was like 4/10. Then 3 came along and was a departure from the previous games in that all about pointless juggling for high rank and hp sponge bosses. Never played 4. There is NOTHING RPG about this series.

Only thing caught my interest about the sony e3 was the resident evil 2 remake.
There is also nothing RTS, FPS, turn based strategy or racing game about it. Worst game ever!

Big Wrangle

Now all we need is confirmation she plays RPGs and she shall become the official RPG Codex waifu.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
cute!

Edit:

Infinitron Can you move this to General gaming? DMC 5 is not a JRPG.

"For all your DESUDESUDESU needs, where everything released in an asian language or from an asian developer can be discussed. If it remotely smells Japanese, put it in here."

Now that I look I'm not sure why stuff like Sekiro is in the general gaming forum. Death Stranding I can understand since it's made by a western studio and kojima is a westaboo.

cute!

Edit:

"For all your DESUDESUDESU needs, where everything released in an asian language or from an asian developer can be discussed. If it remotely smells Japanese, put it in here."

Now that I look I'm not sure why stuff like Sekiro is in the general gaming forum. Death Stranding I can understand since it's made by a western studio and kojima is a westaboo.

As a long time lurker I've noticed the Codex seems to be getting more lacks about Japanese stuff being in General Gaming. Makes sense, if it didn't there'd be little of quality to talk about in General Gaming.

Jinn

Arcane
Now that I look I'm not sure why stuff like Sekiro is in the general gaming forum.

I agree. I feel like a lot of that kind of stuff will just get ignored and drop to the depths if left in a massive subforum like general gaming.

EDIT: I like how Nico looks. It's that kind of strange yet endearingly cute kind of look.

Ash

Arcane
A distinct lack of respect for the OG DmC in here. The original is a classic action game and easily near or at the top in the best of the series list.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom