Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Devil May Cry 5

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Just noticed that the man with the beard at the end of the trailer is Dante (at least thats what it seems).

Anyway some gameplay videos are needed to further judge it.
A demo would also be nice. Hell why don't developers do demos anymore?

Tehdagah

Arcane
I hope "three playable characters" means "three different campaigns", or at least different levels for each character. This can be a very ambitious game, it's surprising that Capcom isn't taking the safest route to appeal fans.

sullynathan

Arcane
I'm more optimistic about the game now that I've read more. Nero's moveset looks like same as his DMC 5 moveset, hopefully there's more than that. The art style is still not to my taste. Everything looks dark, not Gothic and the demons look like zombies and look uninspired, a lot like DmC's demons with less color.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I like that they are keeping Nero as the new series protag. Sure he had the personality of a wet shonen anime noodle but his gameplay was by far my favorite in the series. I'm glad to see that they are keeping his gameplay just as fun but also made his personality more goofy and fun, like Dante's.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Sure Nero is cool but what about the sasuke guy on the right? Don't lose your edge guys.

Deflowerer

Arcane
I don't quite understand why people are disappointed. Who gives a shit about the "emo" bullshit (which I don't even see, really), it's not like Dante's look in DmC was the actual problem with the game.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I admit that I flipped out like a madman at the beginning of the trailer, because I thought my nightmare came true and they continued the story of DmC. But then watching the trailer again I realised that it is the continuation of DMC4, which is awesome. Nero is cool, his weapon is still cool, ripping out his demon arm is even cooler, Dante looks like a badass hobo, the gameplay seem like it's based on DMC4, so no need to fear. I have high hopes for this.

Just don't be lazy Capcom with reusing the same levels and bosses.

AbstractKazzy

Novice
I can't believe they actually brought it back. It looks pretty decent from the trailer but the southern chick seems pretty random. I'll stay optimistic till more details come out.

sullynathan

Arcane
I don't quite understand why people are disappointed. Who gives a shit about the "emo" bullshit (which I don't even see, really), it's not like Dante's look in DmC was the actual problem with the game.
I was disappointed at first because it didn't look like a DMC game when the trailer started. Who is the black guy? Whose friend is he? The demons looked like zombies at first and I thought it was a zombie shooter then they started saying demons and they showed Nero with his sword revving up and then I knew it was Devil May Cry which made me pissed. Plus I didn't see Dante at the end.
I rewatched it a bunch of times and now I'm more interested, it looks like DMC 4. ... only darker with different faces.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yes. The first impression wasn't the best (not bad). But it has grown on me, I quite like the cheesy stuff (the emo thing is not there but for Nero's hairstyle similar to DmC Dante), it's DMC after all and the combat looks fantastic. When they show more Dante in the next trailer doubts wil be erased.

Itsuno seemed very excited, confident and honest. He said "this game is made for you". If we can't get excited with the legit return of DMC after 10 years with all of these factors, what can give us hope?

Last edited:

Gurgaraneth

Novice
Nero looks like DMC Dante, city looks like Gotham, enemies are generic and music is shit and on top of that Capcom will make 5 dollar costumes.
3 was best, 4 was lacking but had good combat (except for Nero) forget the rest.

Nero looks like DMC Dante, city looks like Gotham, enemies are generic and music is shit and on top of that Capcom will make 5 dollar costumes.
3 was best, 4 was lacking but had good combat (except for Nero) forget the rest.

Nero looks like a more realistically textured version of Daigo Ikeno's art. There's a squareness to things like Nero's faces that looks very much like Ikeno's style...which also happens to look very different from DmC.

The city isn't unlike what we see of the city in DMC3.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Who is that bitch and why of all people Nero teamed up with her?
Umm, maybe you will get your answer from the game? I know it's a wide shot, but hey, you never know. Games are like that, they tell stories, and show characters and stuff. Meanwhile trailers are not made to tell everything about the story. In other news, you complain about retarded things.

sullynathan

Arcane
I do want to see more of the game, at least before gamescom. I hope Sony has some more footage or capcom has an E3 booth.

Going through the old leak ,a lot of it is true which is disheartening if some of the rest is true

Characters switching at story points better not be the same as it was on DMC 4. Every character better get their own bosses and levels and not repeats .

I'm also thinking the 3rd character on the box cover isn't Vergil due to the black hair.

Who is that bitch and why of all people Nero teamed up with her?
Umm, maybe you will get your answer from the game? I know it's a wide shot, but hey, you never know. Games are like that, they tell stories, and show characters and stuff. Meanwhile trailers are not made to tell everything about the story. In other news, you complain about retarded things.

He would seem to have a answer for why he's with her. Trailer seemed to make it clear she's the one that made his hand. So she probably functions as a shopkeeper in the game that upgrades stuff for you.

I do want to see more of the game, at least before gamescom. I hope Sony has some more footage or capcom has an E3 booth.

Going through the old leak ,a lot of it is true which is disheartening if some of the rest is true

Characters switching at story points better not be the same as it was on DMC 4. Every character better get their own bosses and levels and not repeats .

I'm also thinking the 3rd character on the box cover isn't Vergil due to the black hair.

Given how long it's been in development, and that they were originally going to show a trailer months ago during Playstation Experience, I wouldn't be surprised if we see it demoed with IGN or something. Probably see some Nero gameplay during E3, then Dante and the new character at some other events.

Last edited:

Jokzore

Arbiter
After watching the trailer the first time i was incredibly confused. I was convinced that Nero is actually DmC Dante and Tru-Dante escaped Hell by crossing into an alternate reality.

Yeah, that leak says there's a third character that might be new. The black hair and tattoo sleeves makes it seem like it's a new character.

Jokzore

Arbiter
The third character is the cunt in the trailer that rips off Neros arm. My money is on Virgil, every time there's a mysterious character in DMC it turns out to be Virgil.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
The third character is the cunt in the trailer that rips off Neros arm. My money is on Virgil, every time there's a mysterious character in DMC it turns out to be Virgil.
Isn't Vergil Nero's father? He is not going to win any father of the month prizes with this arm ripping.

Jokzore

Arbiter
Isn't Vergil Nero's father? He is not going to win any father of the month prizes with this arm ripping.

Exactly, the daddy issues just keep getting passed down from one generation to the next.

Jokzore

Arbiter
Are you sure that's not referring to the Cyberpunk protagonist, who's also V ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom