Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Deus Ex: The Fall released on PC

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Deus Ex: The Fall; Eidos Montreal; Square Enix

Eidos Montreal's formerly mobile-exclusive Deus Ex spinoff title, Deus Ex: The Fall, was released on Steam today, a week earlier than originally planned. Here's its kinda awkward launch trailer:

Apparently, it's as low budget as it looks, with poor voice acting, non-customizable controls and also no jumping (an increasingly common Eidos Montreal feature, it seems). On the other hand, according to our resident popamole games commentator, it still manages to convey the core Deus Ex gameplay surprisingly well. Bottom line, for ten bucks, I guess you get what you pay for.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, it's unbelievable how after they released a great expansion for a good and sucessful game, they started taking steps to fuckup the franchise. First it was the director's cut with shitty textures and worse performance than the original and then it was this completely uneeded and pathetic game. Why didn't they just release another expansion is beyond me.

Name

Cipher
Yeah, it's unbelievable how after they released a great expansion for a good and sucessful game, they started taking steps to fuckup the franchise. First it was the director's cut with shitty textures and worse performance than the original and then it was this completely uneeded and pathetic game. Why didn't they just release another expansion is beyond me.

Also Thief if you count them as a whole studio.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
TB is a colossal idiot. His opinion doesn't count even if by chance he is correct.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
What the fuck is it with edios and not being able to jump? Do they have PTSD from games with jumping? Did they play Super Mario Brothers 1 as a kid and die to the first Goomba?

"Fuck that goomba and fuck Nintendo, I'll make games where you CANT JUMP! YEAH THAT'LL TEACH THOSE FUCKERS!"

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Heh, TB is a complete biased retard.

"Hey, I played DX back in 2000 and it's great, it's one of the best games of all times! What the hell they've done with my glorious DX? Avoid this abomination at all costs, they butchered Deus Ex to death!"

"Hey, I never touched the original Thief games so I couldn't care less about this shit. Thi4f is pretty great, because I don't have previous experiences with this series. Anything that slightly touches the Thief scheme of gameplay will be great because I haven't seen the originals anyway."
There is a major difference you are pretending not to see.. Thief is targeted at people who have never played the original. The Fall is aimed at people who played Deus Ex HR. TB's argument is valid.

And it is beyond the point. Thief appears to be a bad game. The Fall, however, is completely broken and non functional in some major areas.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
What the fuck is it with edios and not being able to jump? Do they have PTSD from games with jumping? Did they play Super Mario Brothers 1 as a kid and die to the first Goomba?

Hardly limited to them. It's how most crappy console/multiplatform games are: easier/lazier level design when you don't have to factor in vertical movement.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If I wanted to make a SRS BSNS game for SRS BSNS people, I'd cut jumping as well. It's a silly vidogame mechanic and detracts from the emotional story.

The story in Human Revolution was entirely based around stacking dumpsters and jumping over fences, as I remember it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

I like that whole talk but I do disagree with Harvey Smith that moving the timeline further into the future was a problem with Invisible War. I rather liked that, and the whole arcology idea, honestly. It's main issues were in technical areas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom