Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Revision Mod

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Hmm...

0QbUSeEi8dEkCGGxaPhmDTyUTeytUKZ_KK-ubp55z6J3Q9QS5Gvf5Y3mlSX4N6w5YHDWKVLT6j8ERi0wxSrv3PpIMkPJFFFKIToffLcxww-LsDNgbcT0yHXXvpmHcLOPNMg6ph0TH0Jsj0R5UbfO4VOUeYJENUiHFaDGb8G22qmEC3GWCJpX6Fg59FkzbBPnNLGXPeDRuw7kZntJlKtRGwYw0AzQvytRnQ1tQgE8ZM8c8m39Ayhd_MQabemQ2Qruml7C6wIcoEfE2u-DVNxvox5MlOHiYA7nQUZChJORyw1UdVOz28jv0kgXLFNRIkKPPAZ-NsMR7Au0RqWdIIKIgZZjaoCCuvFhdcrHTI9gm46KTPmS5Qlr2k4Zi3HsrW7Z2yuiA-9rRbKaSyd_MAtpuLlOAtZ6VhLZEGFMrkLp2vjJmyvyJSXkfF1vt5PPy5vMUECFb3q0lssPldvUDPnhG2ii4qfLZ9WnLQ2EbD-xdb950dUdkvmY4GdjtDb0asXAOznldpfi95sGYEiLsQgu2h1lsOpTdidKPUGeaPzmlJKkQIu2co9G_0c3-OXGzR9JLialKJRphteSfnWX2P9N6jY5Myiu37I1vG72-5Gc8FK-F-b9NFfGZb10A4Y=w1342-h547-l75-ft

"mesmod" is the password. Let me check it.

Oh wow, it does open the text file, and the text file has treasure! I mean it. Try it out!

What the fuck am I reading?
Did someone manage to steal this version?

Dev_Anj

Learned
The password coded text has a download link. I'm downloading it now, but from the readme it looks like the full version. So maybe this mod finally got leaked. Heh, it was near inevitable, considering all the leaks lately.

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The password coded text has a download link. I'm downloading it now, but from the readme it looks like the full version. So maybe this mod finally got leaked. Heh, it was near inevitable, considering all the leaks lately.

From the readme

Disclaimer: If terrible graphics whoring mods like these are the future of games, then the game industry is heading towards a great disaster.

By the way, this mod is coming to Steam. Yes, the mod that barely has 15% original content, uses technology from other third party mods, eats up RAM and CPU resources to get running, features lazily redesigned levels, and has several bugs, is coming to Steam. Right, you heard it. I'm not even joking.

In a former life, I was a graphics whore dragging a stone hype plow up a hill in Mod DB. - Revishit fanboys/girls

Thank you disgruntled fanboy

Durandal

Arcane
I'm guessing Revision didn't live up to the expectations of a playtester and he decided to leak it for the lulz?

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Still, does the bugs mean they lied about the current version being the completed one? Or did the leaker put up a buggy earlier version of the mod?

Probably the latter.
I died on Liberty Island due to not seeing one NSF as things are now pretty dark, and then started a new game to find I had all my equipment from before.

Riskbreaker

a playtester scorned said:
By the way, this mod is coming to Steam.
I was pretty certain that was happening. Every so often, someone on Mod DB or Steam forum thread would ask a question about Revision being released on Steam, and they always managed to dodge it.
I'm guessing that Deus Ex will get a workshop support and that workshop will be launched with Revision, similar to what happened with KOTOR 2 and TSLRCM.

Durandal

Arcane
I was pretty certain that was happening. Every so often, someone on Mod DB or Steam forum thread would ask a question about Revision being released on Steam, and they always managed to dodge it.
I'm guessing that Deus Ex will get a workshop support and that workshop will be launched with Revision, similar to what happened with KOTOR 2 and TSLRCM.
The developers mentioned in a blogpost that they were working on some kind of 'Revision Framework', a bunch of modding tools they intended to release to the DX modding community. Which could also mean Steam Workshop integration.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
One of the testers/modders
Hello.
Apparently someone decided to leak a build of the mod. This "lite" version as one calls it does not have the full content and is broken in many ways. It's only a patch for the full package. Highly suggest you to wait for the real deal that's coming and stay away from this butchered version.
Thanks!

I'm guessing Revision didn't live up to the expectations of a playtester and he decided to leak it for the lulz?

Nah.
People are just tired of waiting.
I don't blame them, not when mod creato write one update per month, then keep saying "mod is ready and going to release SOON, just tiny detail" for fucking year. I thing more than 5 out of 10 people would lost patience?
Plus the deal with Square Enix revealed somewhere in April 2015, which might be reason that they still keep the mod unreleased. I guess SE want to use Revision to promote original DE or fuel the hype on Mankind Divided.

dayofthetiger

Barely Literate
Can't for the life of me get the leak to work, from what I've seen from screenshots though the quality is hugely inconsistent. A lot of the redesigns look a bit amateurish, would love an unbiased codex opinion.

The comments section on ModDB is hilarious just for the complete chaos that's been ensuing for the last year or so, half of the people -quite rightly- complaining about the developers outright lying about the state of the mod, and the other half kissing up to the developers in the hope that it'll make them release it sooner.

MrRobotBear

Literate
Can't for the life of me get the leak to work, from what I've seen from screenshots though the quality is hugely inconsistent. A lot of the redesigns look a bit amateurish, would love an unbiased codex opinion.

The comments section on ModDB is hilarious just for the complete chaos that's been ensuing for the last year or so, half of the people -quite rightly- complaining about the developers outright lying about the state of the mod, and the other half kissing up to the developers in the hope that it'll make them release it sooner.
That's cause the leak is an old patch, it misses a lot of files and a few of them not in the original patch is taken from somewhere else. All in all it's a huge mess, and since then a lot of bugs have been fixed. So if you are looking for a way to ruin the experience then go ahead. That's the tradeoff testers do, they get early access but instead have to put up with bugs and have to provide feedback. That means it's not for public consumption just yet.

Last edited:

MrRobotBear

Literate
One of the testers/modders

Nah.
People are just tired of waiting.
I don't blame them, not when mod creato write one update per month, then keep saying "mod is ready and going to release SOON, just tiny detail" for fucking year. I thing more than 5 out of 10 people would lost patience?
Plus the deal with Square Enix revealed somewhere in April 2015, which might be reason that they still keep the mod unreleased. I guess SE want to use Revision to promote original DE or fuel the hype on Mankind Divided.

Yes, we've been bad when it comes to estimating the time different things will take. We have one developer that does all the maps, if he takes a break or something happens then everything stalls. It's not really predictable at all. This in addition to internal miscommunication has made us think we could release earlier then expected. The mapper crunched at once time and got a lot of stuff done in a short period, and we based our estimates on this, and then the opposite happened for a while. Then came the Square Enix promotional arrangement, and just to be clear, we reached out to them first. That took significantly longer then expected with a lot of fine print and stuff to settle on before everybody was alright with it.

What we've learned from this is to never make any announcements until everything is done, that way we can make sure we don't miss deadlines. That's also why we've been quiet, there is nothing to say until we have something to confirm, otherwise it would just be yet another "We are releasing soon" sort of update.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
What we've learned from this is to never make any announcements until everything is done, that way we can make sure we don't miss deadlines. That's also why we've been quiet, there is nothing to say until we have something to confirm, otherwise it would just be yet another "We are releasing soon" sort of update.

I personally think it is OK to announce something like say a significant milestone, that at least gives you and the fan base some encouragement that the mod is still in progress.

Anyways good luck to you and your team(?) really looking forward to this!

Weasel
To improve communication they could always add a counter to their sig which counts down the remaining issues

Dev_Anj

Learned
That's cause the leak is an old patch, it misses a lot of files and a few of them not in the original patch is taken from somewhere else. All in all it's a huge mess, and since then a lot of bugs have been fixed. So if you are looking for a way to ruin the experience then go ahead. That's the tradeoff testers do, they get early access but instead have to put up with bugs and have to provide feedback. That means it's not for public consumption just yet.

Look, this all sounds like damage control. I no clipped through several levels, and they look like the latest levels when we compare the internal levels to the screenshots. Yes it does have several bugs but otherwise it works fine.

Honestly I just think you should follow UnderSiege's advice and release this week, I do feel that Square Enix are stalling you and they want to delay it till next year to hype up Mankind Divided or something.

Dev_Anj

Learned
Found this screenshot while browsing the Internet.

vKIK5ME.jpg

Honestly it looks very underwhelming. So many blurry textures slapped all over the place. The whole place looks too clean and sterile. I'm guessing this is the final Area 51 level? If that's the case, the architecture looks unchanged, which is disappointing to say the least.

MrRobotBear

Literate
Ugh, the guy that posted that screenshot uses the ENB series renderer that uses IMO ugly bloom some plastic shader. No official screenshots we have use this renderer, so that takes care of the bloom/blurry textures/ugly plastic bumpmapping questions.

As for the architecture that's not my area, the point is not to totally change the layout of every map. Our goals are to enhance the ambience and to fill in the blanks with details. Instead of huge open spaces that were required back in the day (due to polycount limitations) we wanted to make the world seem more real with details and better lighting. Nobody is forcing you to play the mod. Once you actually play the real version and you have feedback then go ahead and shoot us an email.

Look, this all sounds like damage control. I no clipped through several levels, and they look like the latest levels when we compare the internal levels to the screenshots. Yes it does have several bugs but otherwise it works fine.

Honestly I just think you should follow UnderSiege's advice and release this week, I do feel that Square Enix are stalling you and they want to delay it till next year to hype up Mankind Divided or something.

Time and time again they are not stalling. It's not like things are standing still, it's a long and complicated process getting everything approved. It involves a lot of people, we have to reach consensus internally, run it by them, find a typo, and so on. E3 was in the middle of that and they were busy with that, a lot of people travel in their company so there is that. Perfectly normal. And now our talks are complete, we are not going to throw away a large opportunity for some serious promoting that could significantly offer benefit for both the mod itself and for our personal resumés just because it might take some extra time. Especially not since they are actually cooperating and being very patient with us and all of OUR back and forth.

MrRobotBear

Literate
What's the deal with that orange filter? That screenshot looks like they tried to slap artstyle of Eidos Montreal games on old DX...
Imo there is no orange filter. This is how it looks with the proper settings.

7iixv8u.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom