Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus ex mods?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
What mods to get for deus ex 1 ?

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
New Vision for betterer background textures
Shifter adds some new stuff like alt-fire, improved enemy AI, unique weapons, you can also upgrade your flashlight aug to not consume any power, you can use aug canisters to upgrade the same type of aug you have installed, a Skull Gun aug, and some other stuff. However, it also lets you gain skill points from just killing enemies.
There's another 'expansion' mod for Shifter called BioMod, which is superior IMO. It doesn't let you gain skill points from killing enemies, and it also rebalances the augs greatly. There are now passive augs (like the one that saves up bio-energy, the aug itself no longer consumes BE), automatic augs (augs which you can toggle on and off, and only use BE when they have to be used, like the aggressive defence system that only uses up BE when it is intercepting missiles), and your standard active augs (press f5 to go fast). Upgrading the health regen aug now only reduces the delay before it kicks in, there's Thief-style mantling, Swimming has been replaced with Athletics, which determines your overall movement speed, and using computers no longer makes you invisible.
I'd recommend you get BioMod, the latest version of Shifter is already included in it, so no worries about that.

We're also waiting for Revision to get released, which the devs are not releasing yet despite it being practically finished for whatever reason.

m_s0

Arcane
So we approached Square Enix with the intent of making sure that everything we had planned was going to be fine.

Sounds like :dead:

Abhay

Augur
The Unofficial fan patch and GMDX mod
You have to play either one as both are incompatible with each other.
Try Unofficial patch, if you want to experience the vanilla game but with balanced out fixes and patched issues.
Try GMDX, if you want to be blown away with the fantastic experience it offers beyond just bug patches and fixes.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Played Biomod recently.
Throwing crowbars at people ruing muh stealthy playthrough. Too fun...
Or you might check that leaked Revision mod, significanly outdated but still.
Only issue is the XP grow, too big. Got maxed out after 5th mission?

Last edited:

Dev_Anj

Learned
Or you might check that leaked Revision mod, significanly outdated but still.

Something tells me this is just damage control. From what I've played, it looks like everything works, maybe a few bugs here and there but it works. Only thing missing is music, and honestly, I can confidently say I prefer the original music to their remixes, after listening to the stuff they put in the leaked version.

Also I highly recommend GMDX, but only if you've finished the game once and want a challenge.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Something tells me this is just damage control. From what I've played, it looks like everything works, maybe a few bugs here and there but it works. Only thing missing is music, and honestly, I can confidently say I prefer the original music to their remixes, after listening to the stuff they put in the leaked version.

Also I highly recommend GMDX, but only if you've finished the game once and want a challenge.
Because it's the Lite version of the mod, supposed to be bugged and unfinished (source-mod creator).
Funny that they didn't released the mod for year because "polishing and stuff" while it's in really good condition.

GMDX mod is a must. I don't know how people can play DX without it, the AI and the difficulty level are just too broken.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This.

Shifter (and presumably biomod) are a bit popamole, in that they vastly overpowered the player for the sake of adding cool shit. If that is what you want, go for it. If you want a challenge, go for GMDX.

If you only want higher resolution textures and models, go for New Vision + HDTP(included in GMDX). You probably want to remove the new character models from HDTP though, they look very out of place.

J1M

Arcane
ZODIAC is a good, and actually finished, single player campaign.

Hotel Carone is a good standalone mission.

Cassandra Project is a great premise for a game, but was never completed. Still worth checking out if you like conspiracy theories.

Balthazar Mickenheim

Barely Literate
As said before, New Vision to make the game look less shitty. Shifter is an okay choice but it can make the game significantly easier than vanilla.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom