Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Pre-Release Thread

zwanzig_zwoelf

I just don't find your methods to be practical, but it doesn't seem any method is. What can we do? Bitching on forums doesn't seem to achieve anything, nor does making mods showing how to actually give anyone an evolved Deus Ex (in some respects) is done. All good things must come to an end. It could always be worse. It could always be Thi4f or any of the other great number of absolutely raped franchises out there. Eidos Montreal's Deus Ex is at least worth a purchase, lucky we got that I guess.
You complain relentlessly on internet forums about how modern games are worse than the classics and eventually after about 15 years someone will listen and try to make a game in the old way. However, since they're out of practice, it will be mediocre, but give hope for the future—which will probably be crushed.
It depends on the developer. Most developers of so-called 'classics' suffered massive retardation and popamole syndrome. So their game still remembered as 'great', but even if they put all of their effort to make a greater game, at best they'll make a mediocre piece of shit.
Also, most of them are limited by publishers/investors (I gaev u monies now suck my dick and do it my way) and marketing department (lol gnomes cant sell change dem to vampires).

I knew a guy from India (I even used to work with him and help him with some PSN stuff), who was contantly talking about how he wants his games to be nice, yet his studio couldn't even name the game (!) and decide what kind of a game they will do (!!), because investors were up his ass and it was up to them to name the game (!!!).

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I knew a guy from India (I even used to work with him and help him with some PSN stuff), who was contantly talking about how he wants his games to be nice, yet his studio couldn't even name the game (!) and decide what kind of a game they will do (!!), because investors were up his ass and it was up to them to name the game (!!!).
This doesn't seem like a big deal to me. It's just a name, and publishers are probably better at naming things than devs. It's their job to sell things.

zwanzig_zwoelf

This doesn't seem like a big deal to me. It's just a name, and publishers are probably better at naming things than devs. It's their job to sell things.
Yeah, but you forgot about the game itself.
A lot of good ideas can be butchered thanks to the marketing department and their tight grip over the publisher.

bloodlover

Arcane
It depends on the developer. Most developers of so-called 'classics' suffered massive retardation and popamole syndrome. So their game still remembered as 'great', but even if they put all of their effort to make a greater game, at best they'll make a mediocre piece of shit.
Also, most of them are limited by publishers/investors (I gaev u monies now suck my dick and do it my way) and marketing department (lol gnomes cant sell change dem to vampires).

PoE supposedly had unlimited freedom with everything and still got stuck with the same generic fantasy cliches, delivered a shitty combat and over complicated rules that felt artificial. So if these people didin't manage, I don't have any kind of hope from big names and studios.

While I agree that developers "suffered massive retardation and popamole syndrome", takes into consideration that the gamers turned into that as well.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-23-new-cod-black-ops-3-teaser-goes-all-deus-ex-on-us

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 teaser goes all Deus Ex on us
UPDATE: Square Enix pokes fun at Human Revolution similarities.

UPDATE 24/4/15 9.20am: We're not the only ones to notice Deus Ex undertones in the new Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 trailer.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Mankind Divided art director Jonathan Jacques-Belletête offered his own thoughts via Twitter last night, saying:

Jonathan J-B @Jonatchoo
Hey @Treyarch, Adam Jensen says welcome on the bandwagon! The liquor bar is at the back ;)

"We lied guyz," he added. "Deus Ex: Mankind Divided actually takes place on the Eastern Front during World War 2. We felt inspired."

The official Deus Ex Twitter account also waded in, and in the following series of images summed the situation up perfectly:

✔@CallofDuty
NEW #BlackOps3 TRAILER: http://bit.ly/1yXqcQS >how >>>>far >>>>>>would >>>>>>>>>>>>>you >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>go?

✔@DeusEx
.@CallofDuty pic.twitter.com/B6tSF92xCv

CDTSAkeVAAIdfTg.png:large

ORIGINAL STORY 23/4/15 7.15pm: A new Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 teaser has given us a taste of the tone and premise of Treyarch's upcoming sequel and it looks more than a bit like Deus Ex.

This three-minute trailer features no in-game footage, but has lots of talk about mankind's eerily strong potential with cybernetic implants and prosthetic limbs. Featuring a documentary-like approach covering how mankind evolves over the next 50 years, this teaser shows us augmented professional athletes, soldiers, and a comically overt reference to Edward Snowden with a future NSA whistleblower leaking trade secrets while wearing rectangular specs.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution had a similar marketing campaign, taking a faux documentary approach to very real tech before placing it in a crazy game about the illuminati.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 will have its official reveal this Sunday, 26th April.

T. Reich

Arcane
Teaser of a teaser, it really doesn't get any better than this. Gotta love moden marketing in entertainment industry.

I wonder if I'm in the majority or the minority regarding my reaction to such "teasers" - as in they actually kill my interest in the advertised subject rather than arouse it.

thesoup

Arcane
So does this mean the new DX was popamole all along since CoD can safely mimick it and retain mass appeal?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So does this mean the new DX was popamole all along since CoD can safely mimick it and retain mass appeal?

DX:HR has cover-based shooting and CoD doesn't, so technically it's the only popamole one.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Jonathan J-B @Jonatchoo
Hey @Treyarch, Adam Jensen says welcome on the bandwagon! The liquor bar is at the back ;)

"We lied guyz," he added. "Deus Ex: Mankind Divided actually takes place on the Eastern Front during World War 2. We felt inspired."

You're in no position to criticize, JJB, when you took Deus Ex and narrowed it's extremely broad scope into LOLZ AUGMENTATIONZ, LOLZ RENAISSANCE, LOLZ SYMBOLISM and popamolified it to high hell.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...or-redemption-in-deus-ex-mankind-divided.aspx

Adam Jensen is a man surrounded by conflict. After he failed to protect the world from chaos in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, governments and freedom fighters collide over the human rights of mechanically augmented citizens.

Executive narrative director Mary DeMarle (Myst III: Exile, Deus Ex: Human Revolution) explains how Jensen has changed since the last time we saw him, embracing what he has become.

And an older video, now on YouTube:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Didn't respect it much as a Deus Ex game but I thought a lot of great art design and effort when it came to modeling things went into HR and I can appreciate that. I appreciate hard work.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Nixxes doing the port again, like they did with DX:HR: http://www.pcgamer.com/deus-ex-mankind-divided-coming-to-pc-via-nixxes/

The PC version of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is not being handled in-house at Eidos Montreal - it has instead been handed to Nixxes, the studio behind many Square Enix/Eidos PC ports over the past 15 years.

The studio made the announcement on its site without much fanfare, and there's been little indication as to what features the PC version of Adam Jensen's latest sneak-or-shoot adventure will see implemented. We do know from earlier confirmation that Mankind Divided will support Direct X 12 and AMD's TressFX tech, so it shouldn't look too shabby.

Nixxes previously handled PC port duty on the likes of Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Thief and, yes, Deus Ex: Human Revolution - so it's a studio with a lot of experience. Safe hands? The PC version of Human Revolution was handled well, with a number of platform-specific features - though there was room for improvement - so I'll go with 'yes'.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fine with me. I played all those games except Thi4f, and the PC controls were smooth and silky on all of them as far as I remember.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom