Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Under 300 000 copies sold in the first two weeks. It's looking like a flop, isn't it?

Would be good, this turd is as much Deus Ex as Jazzy Jeff is a jazzman :cool: Maybe in the future we will get proper Deus Ex 3 with
QnHhHec.jpg
:love:

anus_pounder

Arcane
:d1p:'d both the game and the season pass. Unfortunately my potato is unable to run the game without frequent crashes, but still I have no regrets. I would definitely purchase anything they made. Looking forward to the rest of the DLC and Nu-Deus Ex 3. :salute:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
keeping the train running for a while with add on content that doesn't cost nearly as much
I'd wager the DLCs are included in that 50 mln USD budget to begin with. Selling parts of the initial game that have been deliberately cut off in order to be sold as DLC.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Prediction: this game flops financially and Squeenix concludes that it's because MD was too complex and deep for most gamers. So, next Deus Ex will be dumbed down so much that even Dragon Age 2 would be jealous. The game will probably have more pronounced multiplayer, survival, sandbox, crafting, FPS and f2p elements and an episodic structure. The game will flop even harder for obvious reasons and Squeenix will finally pull the plug from the franchise. Then, maybe 8-10 years later, they will make another reboot and the cycle begins anew.

Coma White

Educated
Prediction: this game flops financially and Squeenix concludes that it's because MD was too complex and deep for most gamers. So, next Deus Ex will be dumbed down so much that even Dragon Age 2 would be jealous. The game will probably have more pronounced multiplayer, survival, sandbox, crafting, FPS and f2p elements and an episodic structure. The game will flop even harder for obvious reasons and Squeenix will finally pull the plug from the franchise. Then, maybe 8-10 years later, they will make another reboot and the cycle begins anew.

:negative:

anus_pounder

Arcane

This is the part that scares me the most.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Prediction: this game flops financially
And the sad thing is that Square Enix will consider it a flop despite it selling several millions of copies. Just like with Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider and Hitman. Because the shitty management of SE pours unrealisticly much money into these projects. So much, that the games can't make it back unless they sell 8 million.

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
keeping the train running for a while with add on content that doesn't cost nearly as much
I'd wager the DLCs are included in that 50 mln USD budget to begin with. Selling parts of the initial game that have been deliberately cut off in order to be sold as DLC.

Not really possible to prove either way. But that budget including at least part of the DLC's development is very likely, since it's coming out so soon after launch. There's always the obfuscation there because there genuinely is down time when they freeze changes and focus on bug fixing + general technical polish. This is a phase that goes for months, and level designers, artists etc so on usually move on to new projects and / or DLC during this time. By developing the DLC as self contained levels outside of the hub world, it's a lot easier to develop in parallel to the main game without worrying about where it integrates into the hub. It wouldn't shock me if there were several people working on DLC in comparative isolation for the better part of a year. The question of whether or not DLC developed before the game comes out was "stripped from the game" is a little bit of an academic distinction - would the content have been funded if they did not intend to sell it separately? Impossible to say.

The only real way to evaluate it imo is the simple standard of whether the content is worth what they're asking for it. Will wait for the DLC to come out, find out how long it is, then decide whether it's worth the asking price. If it's not, then I'll wait for a sale. The core gameplay of MD is certainly good enough to want more content.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Counter prediction: I think if sales continue to underperform and their upcoming DLC (the ones they probably developed alongside the game) also underperfoms on top of low base-game sales, they'll probably ax any further DLC additions they had planned, ax whatever plans they had with Deus Ex Universe and whatever future games they had in store, and wrap things up as quickly as they can with the sequel (which'll also likely have a slashed budget) to try and wring out as much money as possible as cheaply as possible before torching the franchise and running.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Took me about 25 hours to finish this (steam says 30, but that includes some breach mode and idling). Think I was pretty exhaustive in terms of exploration and side questing, thought I may have missed a few secrets.

The ending feels like one huge trailer for the next game. Do not like.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

This is the part that scares me the most.
header.jpg

Latelistener

Arcane
The more I read about this game, the more I wish someone made a proper cyberpunk RPG, with dark and nihilistic story, where a main character is more or less ordinary human (with several different backgrounds to choose from), rather than heavily augmented alpha male with model looks.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
The ending feels like one huge trailer for the next game. Do not like.
Yep, the ending is very insulting, it is like "Do you want to see the interesting part of the story suckas? You will have to pay again for the priviledge."
It would be like if the first Deus Ex ended just as you get detained by UNATCO. It's just a great big middle finger by Square Enix.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The more I read about this game, the more I wish someone made a proper cyberpunk RPG, with dark and nihilistic story, where a main character is more or less ordinary human (with several different backgrounds to choose from), rather than heavily augmented alpha male with model looks.
3zJF2u1.jpg

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I thought CD Project were creating their own game, not taking umpteenth genre cliches, throwing them to a wall and creating an 80s scifi frankenstein. If that's their concept art I hope this is one of the one they just ignore.

Say what you like about Mankind Divided but it has at least been original, and the art direction isn't cartoony or super dark n edgy, more trending towards realistic.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter

lvvh27p.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom