Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This Facebook post is no longer available. It may have been removed or the privacy settings of the post may have changed.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Just completed the game. Overall, it definitely feels like the first act of a normal Deus Ex game that's been stretched out and padded to full-game length. Game's story and premise is incredibly small-scale (in a bad way), and constantly hints at escalating the stakes while never really delivering. The characters either aren't that well-developed (an issue with a game that has such a small-scale plot is that you really can't have this many other characters in it hogging your screen time) or are otherwise just dull, the central premise both doesn't really suit a Deus Ex game and doesn't make a whole lot of sense for reasons that've already been outlined, and the game has what can charitably be described as an incredibly sanctimonious and preachy approach to its social commentary.

To the game's credit, the gameplay is a straight improvement from Human Revolution, with some of the redundant or less-than-adequate mechanics from that game revised or streamlined to work better, and while the game only has one hub, Prague is incredibly detailed and well-designed, so I never really got bored with it.

Really wanted to enjoy this a lot, but overall this was a big let down.

And holy shit am I already getting sick of the "The protagonist is a doppelganger!" plot twist. It isn't fucking clever, guys.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Today, Square Enix® and Eidos®-Montréal announced that Frank Pritchard, the iconic Deus Ex® character, will return in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – System Rift, the first Story DLC for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™.

In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – System Rift, you will re-unite with Frank Pritchard, Adam’s friend and former colleague at Sarif Industries, and assist him in hunting down information on the mysterious Santeau Group. Desperate to get more information, Pritchard targets one of the most secure data banks ever created – the Palisade Blade. In agreeing to help, Adam may also be able to uncover hints as to who the illuminati really are.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – System Rift will be available on the 23rd of September on Xbox Live, PlayStation®Network, and online stores for £9.59 (Xbox One)/ £9.49 (PlayStation 4, PC) and in the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Season Pass, which is composed of Narrative DLCs and in-game items. More details on the contents of the Season Pass can be found here.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is already available for PlayStation®4, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC.

Cynicus

Augur
Anime style for the DLC's promo pic? In b4 Jensen gets a cute, Pikachu-like sidekick named Auggie.

CrWbqz2XgAAuotB.jpg

DeepOcean

Arcane
Finished the game and it felt short, What is weird as steam claims I spent 40hs on it.

It felt like someone had a game and decided to cut in half being Mankind Divided the first part because the story doesnt just finish but drop dead, you will feel like the other half of the story is missing by the end as the ending is really inconclusive and unsatisfying, the story just dies when it was getting interesting.

The main plot is made up of 8 major missions including the tutorial, of those 8, only 3 are really big levels, the rest of the main missions are small fetch quests or quick stealth sections.

The pacing is really fucked up, almost nothing of importance happen for most of the game while the last mission is the best on level design and where finally something happens.

Had fun exploring Prague and those three big missions, the game is really light on rewarding content, maybe Square Enix will release the rest of the game as Deus Ex: never asked for this edition.

Latelistener

Arcane
Seems like Square Enix is digging its grave. They not just released only a half of the game, they even chopped it in pieces. RotTR and Hitman also had their own controversies, and didn't sell very good.
I don't even want a new Legacy of Kain / Thief games anymore, at least not from them.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
How is this running now that there's been a couple of patches? Any major or minor technical issues left? Should I play now or wait for more fixes?

DeepOcean

Arcane
As a general rule I do not purchase or play DLC content.

But Pritchard man.

Price is like 10 pounds so they'd better hope it's substantial.
Unless it is an entire new hub or set of missions on the size of the Palisade bank, if it is a single mission, it will be a waste of money. I don't buy DLC, it is mostly a waste of money, time and Square Enix has some very questionable practices lately.

pippin

Just wait for the GOTY edition men.
Remember that owners of the regular edition of HR only got a measly 15% discount (or something like that) when the HR: GOTY edition came out.

Azazel

Arbiter
The most surprising thing here isn't that the game is bland and uninspired trash, it's that any of you were dumb enough to buy it after seeing the stillborn turd which was Thi4f.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
How is this running now that there's been a couple of patches? Any major or minor technical issues left? Should I play now or wait for more fixes?
It ran fairly well for me. Game only crashed twice in my whole 25-or-so hour playthrough. Still ran in to random slowdowns occasionally (usually when I was transitioning from one area of the hub to another), and the load times for some areas are still awkwardly long.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
So... people buy this to confirm that it is shit, and in the process send the message that they should make more of the same.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
So... people buy this to confirm that it is shit, and in the process send the message that they should make more of the same.
It isn't a shit game. It's just being released in pieces due to the stifling of creative freedom from corporate, which makes the experience infuriating.

...oh and fuck Square Enix.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Nah, I guarantee you that even if a codexer managed to convince other 10 dudes to boycott those popamole games, it would be hardly a drop of water on the Square Enix or any other publisher bottom line besides, the game is fun enough to waste time on an weekend or two, will hardly miss it an year from now and it isn't a classic like the original Deus Ex is (and those Eidos Montreal games will ever be) but I had more fun than paying for another shitty super hero movie.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Under 300 000 copies sold in the first two weeks. It's looking like a flop, isn't it?

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
Under 300 000 copies sold in the first two weeks. It's looking like a flop, isn't it?

Stated budget according to the Jim leaks was ~50 million USD (70mln Canadian worthless dollars) and if they took in 30 USD per average sale that's 9 million dollars from the first fortnight of sales on PC. Since we have no idea currently how well it sold on consoles, and how much they have made from microtransactions in the campaign and breach mode, higher per-unit price paid for various collectors editions and so on, we really can't say much of anything about how successful it was.

First story DLC is coming out this month, so they'll be keeping the train running for a while with add on content that doesn't cost nearly as much to make. They will also presumably be reusing the engine and some assets for the sequel, which would imply lower dev costs for that since they're not jumping to a next gen platform and starting from scratch again like they did with MD.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom