Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Detroit: Become Human - new David Cage game

nil

Cipher
"No! I must stop the assholes” she shouted
The robot said “No, Kara. You are the assholes”
And then Kara was a human.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Can you feel the EMOTION? :troll:
8ouRO4u.jpg

Angthoron

Arcane
Or RoboCop.

Imagine David Cage's RoboCop. Can Murphy FEEL THE EMOTION or is she doomed to remain a machine, her femininity stamped out by THE MAN? Witness THE PATRIARCHY oppressing THE DIVERSE population of Detroit. Press X to shout in Murphy's foreclosed home!

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
David Cage is a complete creep. The mandatory sex scene. The mandatory shower scene. The incredible focus on very low tier hollywood stories. The absolute hacks that his stories are, filled with plot holes (Heavy Rain was especially bad at this , I could go on a rant for how nothing in this game makes sense at all and they didn't give a fuck).

But there's worse, I've got the feeling that all this strange sex badly hides the fact that Cage is a pervert. And in the wrong, so wrong way.

http://kotaku.com/the-video-game-that-began-with-pictures-of-ellen-page-1440500148
He can’t remember the words he types into the search engine but, before he knows it, on his screen, a photograph of the actress Ellen Page. A funeral, a single idea and pictures of Ellen Page. “This,” says David Cage, “is how everything started with Beyond: Two Souls”.

He’s about to meet Ellen Page for the first time and he is nervous; but not for the reasons you might expect. He will not be starstruck by Ellen Page. He won’t stammer over words or suffer the strange distance that comes with meeting a celebrity in real life. “When you’ve worked with David Bowie,” he says, “you’re no longer afraid of anyone.”

But David Cage is afraid. He’s afraid because he has spent the last 12 months looking at pictures of Ellen Page. In his studio a 2000 page script lies scattered with images of Ellen from the age of eight through to adulthood....

A picture of Ellen Page. Sixteen years old. Hair cropped short against her scalp. A tiny human, face etched in vulnerable, stubborn resilience.

David Cage can’t remember the Google search that brought him here but, instantly, a spark. This was it. Ellen Page: his protagonist. His Jodie Holmes before Jodie Holmes existed.

“So I started looking for images and I found a picture of Ellen that was exactly this.”

Cage began writing and the words came easily. Then later, another scene. A new perspective was required. David Cage needed something different and began a fresh image search. Another set of keywords, another ‘click’.

Another picture of Ellen Page.

“Again, it was exactly what I was looking for.”

More pictures of Ellen Page. Ellen had been shooting movies since she was six years old: her entire life had essentially been documented. She never stopped filming. There were hundreds of photographs, a wealth of reference points at David’s disposal.

“I just kept writing,” says David, “and putting more images of Ellen in my script. After a year of writing I had pictures of Ellen all over the place. I began to realise that might be a problem. Because I realised I was going to have to ask Ellen to be in the game.”

Ellen arrived. David expected an entourage — a lawyer, an agent, a manager — but she came to that first meeting alone. A surreal moment. David Cage had spent an entire year looking at pictures of Ellen Page. Now she was in front of him. Star struck? No. More like an eerie dissonance. David was essentially face to face with one of his characters brought to life.

“The whole thing took like 10 seconds, but in my mind it was two hours,” says David, laughing.

“It was so strange to see her walking to our table. When we met for the first time I really saw Jodie Holmes, not Ellen Page. I remember thinking as she walked to our table, I hope that when she starts talking, she will still be Jodie Holmes, that she won’t disappear and become someone completely different.”
...;

In the context of mandatory shower scenes. Of strangely placed sex scenes. Of Hollywood fetishes. Of being so ashames of being called David De Gruttola he decided to have his name sound more american.

willem-defoe.jpg

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Yeah. I know that Europeans in general are a lot more liberal in regards to the depiction of nudity in media, but with David Cage it just comes off as really creepy. The fact that he had an anatomically correct nude model of Ellen Page in Beyond: Two Souls made, despite the fact that they were never going to actually show her taa-taas on screen, and without Page's prior knowledge or consent, along with shit like his Ellen Page scrapbook, sets off a lot of alarm bells.

Venser

Erudite
In one sentence, you've come up with a more interesting premise than David Cage has in three games

Didn't that happen in an adventure game called "Alternativa", or am I derping?

Last edited:

Adon

Arcane
Of course David Cage was scared of meeting Ellen Page. That shit downright reaches into stalking territory.

Yeah. I know that Europeans in general are a lot more liberal in regards to the depiction of nudity in media, but with David Cage it just comes off as really creepy. The fact that he had an anatomically correct nude model of Ellen Page in Beyond: Two Souls made, despite the fact that they were never going to actually show her taa-taas on screen, and without Page's prior knowledge or consent, along with shit like his Ellen Page scrapbook, sets off a lot of alarm bells.

Hahaha, what? Seems pretty clear he had other plans on mind for that nude model. :lol:

Venser

Erudite

Another playable character.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom