Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Destiny: New FPS Revealed. Morgoth no longer fapping

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
D1P for Morgoth.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
How the fuck can people get existed about this shit? It screems dumbed down popamole shooter. And it is a multiplayer dumbed down shooter FFS, worst of the worst.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Meh, kept waiting for Gus to slice the kid's throat with a paper cutter. Such a wasted opportunity.

Trailer looked pretty bad. I mean, Blizzard's CGI declined a fair bit since the 2000s, but they're still several orders of magnitude better than these lifeless, faceless dolls firing painfully weak-sounding weapons at other dolls. In terms of composition and style, it was like those 80s action movies, with protagonists standing in open space, and merrily firing at enemies who all seem to miss. Maybe this means the game won't have cover? That would be pretty revolutionary.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Halo has never had a cover mechanic, and you do generally stand in the open shooting enemies who all miss you.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Of course it did, there were tons of chest high walls littered across the open battlefields and regenerating shields encouraged sitting behind cover.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Fair enough, but it never had sticky cover, and against most enemies if you kept moving you didn't need to hide. I wouldn't expect Bungie to change what they do that much.

Sul

Savant

I'm really excited for this. Finally Bungie is free from making sequel after sequel of Halo aimed for frat boys and can make their dream game they had been planning since Marathon. Plus the fact that by contract Activision must give Bungie full creative freedom, they are only responsible for the marketing and reaping the profits.

The setting and art direction also looks very interesting, plus fenomenal soundtrack which is a given since we're walking about Bungie.

Unfortunately Bungie are possibly guilty of creating the most generic and bland game universes
Tells how much you know. Even Halo has it's bright moments, even if it's restricted to the expanded universe (kinda like Star Wars). You're also forgetting Marathon.

end.jpg

Sul

Savant
The first Halo was kinda good
Had good pacing, level design and interesting enemies for the time. It all fell apart with Halo 2, with only the soundtrack retaining its quality until Halo 4 (which was not made by Bungie).

Roderick

Savant
Halo 1 was quite good (it wasn't full decline, most of the battlefields were somewhat open, there was no regenerative health and the enemies had decent AI providing some fun battles). And i liked the universe/fiction. haven't played the others

I'm loving the Marathon games, i'm halfway through the third one. Also i remember loving the demo for Myth: the Fallen Lords, i have to play the full game

This may be decent, but it's a shame it's a pseudo mmo (i don't play mmos) and it may not be released for pc

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate

Itz not an MMO!

What I noticed is that ever since STALKER came out, every major popamole FPS seems obligated to include a run-down industrial level set in Russia. Coincidence?

See:
COD4
Ghost Recon Future Soldier
MOH: Warfighter
Destiny

anus_pounder

Arcane
How the fuck can people get existed about this shit? It screems dumbed down popamole shooter. And it is a multiplayer dumbed down shooter FFS, worst of the worst.

:what:

:?

B-but, you like everything! You're tearing me apart, J_C! I don't know you anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom