Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Destiny: New FPS Revealed. Morgoth no longer fapping

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
This will flop horribly.
On the contrary, there are plenty of bungietards out there ready and willing to eat this shit up.

Their only saving grace will be console sales... even then... how good is an MMO going to do on consoles? I believe Firefall will be released prior to this and it's going to be free-to-play. That and they are competing with a lot of other FPS/RPG hybrids like an inevitable Borderlands 3, etc.

Dexter

Arcane
> "ambitious"
no PC version :roll:

Looks like Activision is trying to make another cash-cow of their own resembling "World of Warcraft" and trap players for a decade in a prison of recurring payments and Add-Ons, to do that they want to utilize "social features" :roll:

Well I hope they fail, it kinda reminds me of that one Bethesda game that nobody remembers anymore, I think "Brink" it was called. But consoletards might fall for it and all the new payment models Activision will think of besides "Sequels", "DLC", "Season Passes" and whatnot might work on them, especially since most of them have no idea what the fuck an MMO is and jerk off to Halo in the dark.

1361127968245vkq6s.jpg

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Isn't next console gen starting this year?

So goodbye to sales unless they rush in which cases it'll be crap so they is screwed

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Is Microsoft the trademark owner for Halo? Because this just feels like Bungie wanting a Halo of their own, kind of like Obsidian wants a fantasy universe of their own with P:E.

Have they revealed anything about whether it's for this gen consoles or next gen? If it's for Xbox 360, then yeah I'll go right ahead and jump on the "this will flop" train.

Jashiin

Arcane
Yes microsoft has the halo trademark. They'll guard it like the one ring.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
These guys are pretentious as hell.

"It's not an MMOFPS, we're too awesome for that."

"Online coop is the only way to play anything, loners are lame."

"We summon you all to see our game and show you no gameplay."

"Our PR kit includes more pics of our talent and office than the game art."

Dexter

Arcane
These guys are pretentious as hell.

"It's not an MMOFPS, we're too awesome for that."

"Online coop is the only way to play anything, loners are lame."

"We summon you all to see our game and show you no gameplay."

"Our PR kit includes more pics of our talent and office than the game art."
136112912201134ulq.png

Also lol:
1361125286602s2o39.png

Based on Aliens: Colonial Marines, this being "Work in Progress" and people not allowed to even talk about it till Pre-Order, who knows how it'll end up looking? :D

Tigranes

Arcane
"This is so ambitious we don't even understand it and we don't know how to explain it to you!"

It's... a co-operative MMO shooter that is a more expansive reboot of Halo. Sounds cool, if they do it right, but I don't even know what's with this "OMG BLOWS MY MIND" stuff.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Is this a MMO or a Co-op console shotter? If this is a MMO, why these fucks aren't releasing PC version? MMO in consoles is a recipe for fail

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Is this a MMO or a Co-op console shotter? If this is a MMO, why these fucks aren't releasing PC version? MMO in consoles is a recipe for fail

OMG dude respect their master vision! It's not an MMO, it's a "shared world shooter." God you're such a philistine.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Didn't even see the no PC version part. Yeah, they're fucked.

Eddard Stark

Educated
If they make a PC version after all I'm sure they'll have to either separate players from different platfroms (which will suck the least I guess) or impose ridicuolous gameplay restrictions just to put consoletards on level with PC gamers. How can people even enjoy playing FPSes with gamepads?

Also, Jason Jones, co-founder of Bungie says:

We did a bunch of ambitious things on Halo deliberately to reach out to people. We limited players to two weapons, we gave them recharging health, we automatically saved and restored the game - almost heretical things to first-person shooters at the time. We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo 'cause nobody wants to

You gotta be fucking kidding me... And to think that Bungie went from making great games like Myths to becoming this embodiment of decline...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom