Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition Design a Torment NPC

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Admins are above the law though, as we can just submit our proposal to Brother None directly!~

(Just kidding, don't mind me :P)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No one is breaking the limit because I had to redo my whole description because I also thought it said words.
:shunthenonbeliever:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
OK, here's something a bit more "high concept":

Name: Blob-of-Three

Description: Blob-of-Three was originally a party of three adventurers - a Glaive, a Nano, and a Jack. One day, seeking adventure, they entered a portal in the Bloom, and when they emerged from the other side they found that they had been fused into a single body - a blob. Forced to move together as one, they proceeded to explore the labyrinth they had been transported to, a maze of identical-looking passageways arranged into straight corridors and right angles, full of treasures, traps, puzzles and monsters. After finally finding a way out, they at first sought a way to separate themselves. Eventually however, Blob-of-Three realized the advantages of its predicament, and it is now seeking out a fourth adventurer to join its collective - somebody with useful new adventuring talents. The player can suggest that it look for a Bard.

Fate: Yes - whatever best fits the game

NPC Type: 1) Explorer 2) Military

NPC Location: 1) Bloom 2) In a Mere

NPC Race: Human, but mutant is OK

FeelTheRads

Arcane
That is pretty cool. Infinitron wins, imo, but probably some shitty codex reference will win instead.

Koschey

Arcane
I like it too, though the blob-like quality overlaps a bit with the initial form of the Toy companion. Perhaps less
The_Blob_poster.jpg

and instead more
?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I wanted to make it a reference to the Codex term "blobber", but that's not strictly necessary. You could also call him "One-of-Three".

Weasel
Yes, good idea and not a blatant Codex self-insert. About the merged body, is this a featureless blob or.... a multi-headed adventurer?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
The Prisoner

The bald man always stares vacantly into some unseen place thousand yards away, and seems unmindful of anyone else around him. When you approach, he barely tilts his head to acknowledge you. He has the gear of a soldier from the Endless Battle, but his unsettling manner is not like that of any other soldiers you have seen. He has been marked all over his body, patterned scars resembling marks made by various sharp instruments. He hasn't disclosed what he was doing in the anterior chamber of The Bloom. You look at the tattoo on the back of his hand and you wonder if it doesn't resemble the magical brands found on those few who have survived and escaped the unspeakable Planar Prisons.

Fate: Whatever fits the game

NPC Type: Military

Location: The Bloom, since the hidden pathways of The Bloom are where fugitives reside

Human, but mutant is okay

(Idea behind NPC is that he has all sorts of tricks and secrets learnt from the darkest places of the Planes, but bringing him into your party means dodging bounty hunters who want to bring him back)

Darkzone

Arcane
Don't tell me Infinitron is a אדם. I thought he was a spider in search for new RPG news with Eliza code to sustain the RPGCodex.

So no RPGCodex selfinsertions. Hmm good.
Name: BarBa Junkus

Description: You see a horsefaced figure, dreassed in dark blue robe. As you come near him, you see that eys and ears stick out on some tentakles looking and hearing in every direction. This thing looks totally confused and displaced, his movements seem to you like he had no bones in his body. He mumbles, something incoherently: Misa doa kaput everything. !Boom! Misa stupid. Dark vanni says misa go here.

NPC Type: 1) Explorer 2) Traveler

NPC Location: 1) Bloom

NPC Race: Non human.

Last edited:

Lord Andre

Arcane
Name: Kali

Description: The slender young woman behind the stall is staring directly into your eyes with an icy gaze you would place somewhere between awkward and otherworldly. Nervously you glance down at the sign again. "Fortunetelling shellgame". "The shadow of death is on your heels cast off. One of these items will save your life, but you may only choose one." As she extends her hands, you can see in her open palms a single playing card, a small piece of chalk and one half of a broken spider figurine.

human merchant bloom

laclongquan

Arcane
The Prisoner

The dreadlocked man always stares vacantly into some unseen place thousand yards away, and seems unmindful of anyone else around him. When you approach, he barely tilts his head to acknowledge you. He has the gear of a soldier from the Endless Battle, but his unsettling manner is not like that of any other soldiers you have seen. He has been marked all over his body, patterned scars resembling marks made by various sharp instruments. He hasn't disclosed what he was doing in the anterior chamber of The Bloom. You look at the tattoo on the back of his hand, and on his partially exposed back, and you wonder if it doesn't resemble the magical brands found on those few who have survived and escaped the unspeakable Planar Prisons.

Fate: Whatever fits the game

NPC Type: Military

Location: The Bloom, since the hidden pathways of The Bloom are where fugitives reside

Human, but mutant is okay

(Idea behind NPC is that he has all sorts of tricks and secrets learnt from the darkest places of the Planes, but bringing him into your party means dodging shadowy bounty hunters who want to bring him back)

Da fuk? Shouldnt it be dreadlocked? With a few change in tattoo location and I can stand behind a Nameless Fugitive.

Weasel
Name: Kensusi

Description: A well known local eccentric, Kensusi flies around the city on an anti-grav armchair, parking it in front of well known buildings and landscapes. He then spends days working on detailed plans and illustrations, highlighting tiny deficiencies in the original design. The completed manuscripts are sent to the property owners, without any charge for the helpful advice. The response to these suggestions has been mixed, however.

NPC Type: Unemployed but energetic local character

NPC Location: Sagus Cliffs

NPC Race: Mostly human

Actually, this is more likely to feature in PoE 2 :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom