Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deserters (cats, ww2, isometria, turn-based)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Most of the time pixel graphic put me off from indie projects but this one? Clean and readable, plus fluid animations. :desiretoknowmore.gif:
That prove all that pixelated diarrhea in indie trash is made by incompetent people that never played old games and use slogan "just like game X" like a shoe slap.

Denergar

Novice
Here is a little post about how I've created gif-reward for one of our Patrons. The workflow of creating animations for the game is the same.

1. Create animation in Blender
8pWEDeh.gif

2. Move different parts of the character to different layers and render them separately
zYfySZU.gif

3. Import all the parts of character to Aseprite and outline every animation layer
4T7Ln66.gif

It was a pain in the ass to import all the layers by hand so I wrote macros for handle that. But it still makes mistakes sometimes, so hope to see built-in macros redactor in Aseprite some day.

4. Improve the animation by drawing by hand :)
wqWR7LY.gif

Don't forget to support us on Patreon. ;)

Denergar

Novice
Hmm ... $5/mo for the game when it releases? $5/mo for how long? For the rest of our lives? Will a one-time $5 be enough to get the game? Do we keep paying indefinitely until it's released? I'm not used to this format.
There are deadlines and other info that will answer your questions in the about section on Patreon. We want to work on the game on full-time basis - that's why we try this approach. Now we can't - just because we need to work to be able to buy food, pay the rent, etc. And this slows down the development. All of our patrons (donating 5$+) will receive access to the development build that we will post on Patreon from time to time so they'll be able to see how the things are going. But you also can donate just 1$ (or any amount you'd like) to support us. You don't have to if you don't want, I just try to clarify things a bit for you. If you have some alternative proposes I would be glad to hear them.

After the game is released we definitely will not take any money through Patreon. This page will be freezed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom