Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deserters (cats, ww2, isometria, turn-based)

Denergar

Novice
Title: Deserters
Genre: turn-based tactical RPG
Engine: GMS 2
Platforms: Win, Mac

Hi guys! We already make game about cats in WW2 setting for some time (but it is still early WIP) and at last decided to share our progress with you.

Very briefly about the game: Single player, WW2 setting, turn-based tactical combat, plot about the horrors of war. Pixel art, top quality animations, height system with multiple floors. If you grew up on such games as Fallout (1, 2), Baldur's Gate and other isometric masterpieces from 90's, then you'll enjoy our game (I hope).

gLS1RVj.gif

y72WztK.gif

More in-game gifs:
gBSE0lf.gif

pFbc3b1.gif

BMISioj.gif

Support us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/deserters
And follow in Twitter: https://twitter.com/dene_pixelhands

Feel free to ask questions! Thanks!

Ninjerk

Arcane
You will get many preorders and d1p from this site if that's a possibility.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Um ... I'll say it. Why?

Do you really need to ask? Everybody loves anthropomorphized animals. Vulpine: play as a fox with a sword was a big hit on Kickstarter. Personally, I’d prefer canines, but I suppose these filthy, scheming cats will make the setting feel more sinister.

It does seem suspiciously like Maus, which is not so good.

Why the fuck not? From the responses, it is like MAUS never existed.

It looks lovely but it seems like gifs are all you have.

d1nolore

Savant
Looks interesting. If you can push it towards ufo enemy unknown with squad combat it could be really fun.

And for the people complaining about cats/animals.. As if aliens, monsters, and magic are soooo realistic. Star Fox on N64 was badass and it had a frog named Slippy. Mmkay.

Duckard

Augur
I'm very impressed by the animations to be honest. What workflow are you using?

My guess right now is you have a 3D model of a human character without any cat features for the base sprite sheet, which you then pixelize and add the cat features by hand.

Denergar

Novice
Will they be rounding up the mice and shipping them off to camps?
There will be no mices in game.

Will there be cute catgirls?
Not sure, possibly not.

Is it dogs or cats that are fascists?
Cats will be allusion to Nazi Germany and dogs to USSR. But the player will not play for one or another side, actually.

Why the fuck not? From the responses, it is like MAUS never existed.
It looks lovely but it seems like gifs are all you have.
The game is in early stage of development. We have development build where you can move 6 of your cats, shoot (testing), build walls (testing) and some other stuff like changing weapons, use inventory, etc. This build doesn't represent final gameplay but available for our patrons (5$+) on Patreon.

I'm very impressed by the animations to be honest. What workflow are you using? My guess right now is you have a 3D model of a human character without any cat features for the base sprite sheet, which you then pixelize and add the cat features by hand.
You're right in some way. I'll make some post about this in future. This information 100% will be in my twitter and Patreon. Maybe I'll make a post on this forum too.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Well, Jews. Who else?

Will the forts be constructed out of cardboard boxes as to properly reflect feline behaviour?

Ninjerk

Arcane
Well, Jews. Who else?

Will the forts be constructed out of cardboard boxes as to properly reflect feline behaviour?
Only the barracks where the cats sleep. The Jews will have to sleep in the expensive cat beds the cats never use.

levgre

Novice
Furries in WW2 it's quite possibly the dumbest game idea ever conceived.

Do you think Mickey Mouse is a "furry" too? Not all anthropomorphic animals fall under the furry subculture, in fact I'd say most don't.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

Do you think Mickey Mouse is a "furry" too? Not all anthropomorphic animals fall under the furry subculture, in fact I'd say most don't.

Lol, nigga you serious?

This how a mouse looks like.

1200px-%D0%9C%D1%8B%D1%88%D1%8C_2.jpg

This is Mickey.

220px-Mickey_Mouse.png

Mickey isn't an "antropomorhic animal", he's a cartoon character that you wouldn't even know it's supposed to be a mouse, if his last name wasn't literally Mouse.

Those WW2 cats on the other hand, they are cats on two feet wearing human clothes. Which is very much a furry style.

levgre

Novice

Lol, nigga you serious?

This how a mouse looks like.

1200px-%D0%9C%D1%8B%D1%88%D1%8C_2.jpg

This is Mickey.

220px-Mickey_Mouse.png

Mickey isn't an "antropomorhic animal", he's a cartoon character that you wouldn't even know it's a mouse if it would be called that.

Those WW2 cats on the other hand, they are literally cats on two feet wearing human clothes. Which is very much a furry style.

So the criteria is that the anthropomorphic animal has to closely enough resemble an animal in human form? I guess Goofy would count then. And Disney's Robin Hood.

Would werewolves be a "furry" mythological creature (at least in some of their more human-ish representations)?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom