Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Descent to Undermountain looks pretty good.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
How can the game be good if the combat system is crap? NWN 2 does C&C well, has an interesting storyline, and a solid cast of characters, but I would consider it a bad game because the combat is crap as it is tied to the Aurora engine.

nameless_one_close.jpg

Updated my Deuce Traveller txt.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Is this the game that ends with you knocking the end boss into a wormhole?

BTW, there is a game very similar to it on the DS called "Fighting Fantasy".

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I think the writing and story were good, and the location was excellent. The thieves line was well done. Just that I don't know who did the programming on implementing the descent engine, but the team should be slapped. Collision detection and navigation weren't a problem with Descent 1&2, awesome games in their own right. Everything is right there: a good story, with 2nd D&D rules and magic items, and even interesting locations. Just the engine was such crap.

To avoid spoiler tags, I'll just say that there is a point in the game where you fight a dreaded enemy. Lots of buildup and warnings, all that trope. You meet him and after his speech, he stands there like a dope. If you can look past this and the crashes, well, it certainly is interesting. I have a soft spot for this game, as if Interplay would have connected on this it could have been awesome. Worth playing, and I may play it again.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah the game is pr. shit looking.
From what I saw in that vid anyway (I kinda like LGR reviews) it's a failed project.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom