Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Daedalic Deponia series

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
fucka yu cunts

:dance:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Awwwwwww at the ending of part 2! Muh feelz! I'm truly in love now. :3

Well, silly me for not having played this game before, it's been sitting there in my library, gathering virtual dust, for ages. I'm really enjoying it, and it even stirred up a massive craving for oldschool adventure games, which I will play right after completing it.

You still have Part 3 to go through. It makes the biggest jumps in story and setting (not always a good thing), but you'll also get the biggest laughs (Toni gets what's coming to her, and the black screen) and then...the ending...

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Toni gets what's coming to her

Actually, I don't hold that much of a grudge towards Toni. I know she is an unsufferable and loves to bitch, butI find her actually cool rather than annoying. Just think what Rufus has put her through, I mean how things were between them two "before" the first chapter, which is transparent from hints and dialogues... I still really hate Rufus more than I could ever loathe Toni. Of course Goal is designed to be a "dream girl come true" to accomodate for everyone's taste, but Toni feels more "realistic".

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
True. You're still likely to laugh at it, though.

Another point to remember: The entire sewer section. You won't forget that in a hurry. :)

pippin

3 will features more and more feelz. Watch out for the ending.

Out of curiosity, I think I'll listen to those interludes in German, at least to prevent the ear-rape that the English dub delivers.

Poki, who is a Daedalic dev, sings in both English and German versions. He also voices the gondola guy from 2 who sings the Junk Crabs song.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

3 will features more and more feelz. Watch out for the ending.

Out of curiosity, I think I'll listen to those interludes in German, at least to prevent the ear-rape that the English dub delivers.

Poki, who is a Daedalic dev, sings in both English and German versions. He also voices the gondola guy from 2 who sings the Junk Crabs song.

It's not the singing, that's fucking up the English version. It's the translation of the songs' lyrics.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Anyway, closing in onto to thend, or that's the feeling. I'm loving the triple-Rufus thing, as much as I loved the usage of the triple-Goal stuff in part 2, especially from a plot and storytelling point of view. They're really done a very good job at using both devices, much better than any other game has recently done (I'm a storyfag, remember?).

I did skip the teeth-bruishing minigame, because fucking impossible (the "circular" movement was literally impossible to get right, as confirmed by a number of netizens XD): in this case, 0 guilt felt, for once (I usually feel bad for skipping or looking up the solutions).

The pace seems to be faster now, or maybe it's just me being on fire with the sacred flame of ERMAHGERD-I-M-GETTING-CLOSE-TO-THE-ENDING", although the puzzles and "quests" seems to be getting easier and shorter, now (I guess to give the section a bit of a "rush" feeling).

I should be done tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest (depends on whether GF wants to go out tonight or not).

So far so good. Really impressed by Deponia, my only fear is an inadequate ending, which would fuck up the whole game to me: I hope that's not the case.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I did skip the teeth-bruishing minigame, because fucking impossible (the "circular" movement was literally impossible to get right, as confirmed by a number of netizens XD): in this case, 0 guilt felt, for once (I usually feel bad for skipping or looking up the solutions).
It is possible (source: I did it). You've still got a fairly long way to go in the 3rd one if that's where you are.
I found the ending (and the 3rd part in general) a bit of a letdown after the excellent 2nd part, but I think it's one where the reaction would very a lot between people.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
It is possible (source: I did it). You've still got a fairly long way to go in the 3rd one if that's where you are.
I found the ending (and the 3rd part in general) a bit of a letdown after the excellent 2nd part, but I think it's one where the reaction would very a lot between people.

Oh, I know it IS possible, I just really really couldn't be arsed, especially because it wasn't even a "puzzle", but a completely unwarranted arcade-y minigame. It really felt "off", tbh, so I gave in after some 10 minutes of trying.

And, regarding how much I still have to go, I hope it's not "that" much, because the "ending" feeling is clearly there, and dragging things on too much would just be overstretching it...

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The ending was okay, but puzzle-wise I found the third part to be the weakest. Still not bad, mind you.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
It's happened. Major empasse, some 3 days ago, and it killed the game. I wanted to look up a guide or something because I really wanted to get on with the narrative/story, but I refrained, because I know it'd spoil the game, so I thought I'd just sit on it for a couple of days and it'd come to me. (as it usually does) Well, it hasn't, and the fact has really dampened my "craving" for the game. It's one of those "I know what I need to do and I'm halfway there but it's just not working, I tried everything (literally, the "use everything on everything and everyone") and I'm out of options". Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Meh. (not to mention, out of boredom, I started another kotor2 playthrough and it's really sucked me in, as per usual)

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
It's happened. Major empasse, some 3 days ago, and it killed the game. I wanted to look up a guide or something because I really wanted to get on with the narrative/story, but I refrained, because I know it'd spoil the game, so I thought I'd just sit on it for a couple of days and it'd come to me. (as it usually does) Well, it hasn't, and the fact has really dampened my "craving" for the game. It's one of those "I know what I need to do and I'm halfway there but it's just not working, I tried everything (literally, the "use everything on everything and everyone") and I'm out of options". Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Meh. (not to mention, out of boredom, I started another kotor2 playthrough and it's really sucked me in, as per usual)

There is somewhere in the third game where I also "used everything on everything and everyone", then I cheated and I really regret, because it was a very funny puzzle. If you are there, my hint would be that "use something on something and someone" is not enough.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
There is somewhere in the third game where I also "used everything on everything and everyone", then I cheated and I really regret, because it was a very funny puzzle. If you are there, my hint would be that "use something on something and someone" is not enough.

Hmmm, it's not a specific puzzle, it's more of an "empasse". I know I have to do two things (send airplane+YRK to my other self stuck on the Ascension Tower, and retrieve baby bozo from the girder), but I'm not managing to accomplish either. I'll sit on it some more, I suppose.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Ok, so it is not impossible that the only thing or one of the only things you missed is the same than I did. I had literally tried to "use everything on everything and everyone" but unfortunately that didn't mean that I had tried everything.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Ok, so it is not impossible that the only thing or one of the only things you missed is the same than I did. I had literally tried to "use everything on everything and everyone" but unfortunately that didn't mean that I had tried everything.

Hm. Cryptic. But thanks.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
I know I have to do two things (send airplane+YRK to my other self stuck on the Ascension Tower

IIRC then Toni is involved with this puzzle. Have you shown her how wonderful her life would be if there were more people like Rufus in it?

pippin

Was the dolphin thing part of the second game?
I think you can make her to kill you, complete with a Sierra-style death message.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Just sit on this for a bit and come back later. I don't remember this specific puzzle, but the series as a whole has some really inventive puzzles so you certainly shouldn't spoil yourself with a walkthrough.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Was the dolphin thing part of the second game?
I think you can make her to kill you, complete with a Sierra-style death message.

Yeah the Dolphins were part of the 2nd chapter. And yes, you could keep annoying Toni until she actually killed you (after she'd warn you she would). It was quite funny. I think there also was a Steam achievement connected to it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom