Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demons Age by Bigmoon Studios - turn-based RPG "highly inspired" by Chaos Chronicles

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Demon's Age can actually be ordered on consoles. I thought about it, just to have it as gaming trivia, but then I said, no.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
lol JarlFrank what do you know about this?

Nothing at all. I thought this was over when Peter sent a C&D due to them using assets they don't own.

If they actually replaced all the stolen assets with their own, okay then. If not... guess they'll be thrown off Steam again. Maybe they hope Ceres Games is too busy with the Kickstarter right now to bother checking on their shenanigans :lol:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Ok this is really weird. They have created some new assets in order to replace the ones they don't own. This girl's armor, for example, is a new asset not taken from Chaos Chronicles:
ss_c6281855d53cbdae7023460b90afaa5083b91c9f.1920x1080.jpg

However, there are still assets from CC in some of the screenshots. Especially the equipment of the player character is obviously from CC:
ss_91094f2db00f99d76a4614bb6e8be053aa7cba11.1920x1080.jpg

The icon and model of the armor, as well as the icon of the cape, are taken from CC and appear exactly in this shape and form in Realms Beyond, too. Most of the armor/clothing, boots, and crossbow icons on the right side are also from CC, but interestingly enough there are also plenty of new icons that have not been taken from CC and are therefore either their own creation or newly bought assets they actually own.

So they have replaced some of the assets they have been C&D'd over the last time, but not all of these assets. Guess they'll be C&D'd again and maybe the next time they go live again they'll actually have replaced everything. :lol:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
It's all very interesting and stuff but I couldn't care less whether some assholes have been stealing assets from some other guys (supposedly non-assholes) I also don't care about. I'll leave drama to the interested parties. How is the game itself? Is it any good?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:d1p:

This one will definitely become a rare collectors items, they card prices in Steam store will be sky high on the market! Buy today before they remove it from the store.
But do you have the original collectors edition,with full asset steal ?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
It's all very interesting and stuff but I couldn't care less whether some assholes have been stealing assets from some other guys (supposedly non-assholes) I also don't care about. I'll leave drama to the interested parties. How is the game itself? Is it any good?

See, if the game were good, Ceres Games wouldn't have cared that much about it using their assets or might have negotiated some kind of settlement...

But there are some games you just don't want to have associated with yours in any way.

Serus

Arcane
Patron

See, if the game were good, Ceres Games wouldn't have cared that much about it using their assets or might have negotiated some kind of settlement...

But there are some games you just don't want to have associated with yours in any way.
It's a bad game, I get it. I can see now that it is universally considered crap. All the legal issues I leave to people whose property was stolen, it's not my business. That's what I mean by "not caring". Not that people who sell other people's work as their own should have their ways, if that wasn't clear.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

Moonset into Saber: https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pres...NTERACTIVE_ACQUIRES_BIGMOON_ENTERTAINMENT.php

WORLD WAR Z DEVELOPER SABER INTERACTIVE ACQUIRES BIGMOON ENTERTAINMENT

MAPLEWOOD, N.J. – Oct. 18, 2019 – Saber Interactive (World War Z, the NBA Playgrounds series) today announced the acquisition of Bigmoon Entertainment (Dakar 18), a veteran video game developer based in Porto, Portugal. With 18 games completed in the last decade, the 40-person team — now called Saber Porto — will focus on two new unannounced projects for consoles and PC.

“We’re absolutely thrilled to join the Saber family. Having worked closely together in the past, we hold a deep personal respect and appreciation for the company’s forward-thinking leadership and well-rounded vision,” said Paulo Gomes, Game Director at Saber Porto. “We expect to triple our size by the end of 2020, ramping up in a big way to meet the needs of Saber’s ever-growing gaming roadmap.”

Saber’s latest acquisition builds on a long list of recent achievements for the worldwide publisher and developer, including World War Z, Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered, and the NBA Playgrounds and MudRunner franchises. The company, rapidly expanding with almost 600 employees around the globe, now has fully resourced studios in five countries and a publishing office in the U.S.

“Saber is always on the lookout for teams with creativity, passion and expertise, and the crew at Bigmoon is a perfect fit for our culture and ambitions,” said Matthew Karch, CEO of Saber Interactive. “Paulo and the new Saber Porto will help us access talent in yet another thriving region, expanding our capabilities as a developer for both third-party IPs and our own original franchises.”

About Saber Interactive

Headquartered in the U.S. with studios in Russia, Spain, Belarus, Sweden, and Portugal, Saber Interactive is an independent developer whose credits include the 2019 hit World War Z (3 million units sold as of October 2019), Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered, the MudRunner franchise, the NBA Playgrounds franchise, Quake Champions, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and others. https://saber3d.com

No more RPG ambition probably: https://venturebeat.com/2019/10/18/...oon-entertainment-announces-two-new-projects/

“Saber has a constant need for talented developers. Even in Russia, where most of our creative staff is based, it can be challenging to find good developers despite the country’s abundance of talent,” Saber Interactive CEO Matthew Karch said over email. “We have a constant stream of projects that need attention and Big Moon is technically sound and has a ton of potential for growth.”

This is an intriguing move for Saber. It’s released World War Z, NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 (a more arcade-like take on pro hoops), and Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered. BigMoon brings racing, RPG, and sim chops to their portfolio, but it might be best known for the remake of Jagged Alliance in 2014.

“Well, we currently have expertise with vehicles with Mudrunner — and now Snowrunner — but those aren’t ‘racing’ games,” Karch said. “Our interest in BigMoon is less about specific genres and more about their considerable technical ability. They are already helping us on other soon-to-be-announced projects.”

I also wondered if this heralded a new era of RPGs from Saber.

“We are always looking for opportunities to create games that fill a market need,” Karch said. “I wouldn’t rule out RPGs or racing, but from my own perspective, I see more opportunities in other genres.”

He said that Saber Porto’s two unnamed projects would be “in the action space and the other is vehicle based.”

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom