Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demons Age by Bigmoon Studios - turn-based RPG "highly inspired" by Chaos Chronicles

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
but how does it compare to realms of arkania HD

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Indeed, RoA HD on release was a trash fest. I think by now it is merely a game inferior to the original, but a playable game.
Will we see a similar development here?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The comparison is :retarded: though.

In a turn-based game with full control over companions you'll lose them to your own mistakes. In Beth-Fallout 99.9% of the time you'll lose them to their completely idiotic AI.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
These chumps might as well make the cost of hiring companions negligible or nonexistent. Perhaps the strategic challenge can be from running out.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
In a turn-based game with full control over companions you'll lose them to your own mistakes. In Beth-Fallout 99.9% of the time you'll lose them to their completely idiotic AI.
In a good tactical game, yes. But here so much boils down to RNG... Imagine a warrior surrounded by three goblins, his only option each turn is "attack" and he has a 60% hit chance... not much you can do. :/

Tigranes

Arcane
Clearly the game is a philosophical meditation on the vagaries of RNG

"No matter what you do, there is nothing you can change - only the dice shall decide"

Reinhardt

Arcane
Dice should decide which premade character you get at the start. And permadeath. When they all dead game should uninstall itself.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In a good tactical game, yes. But here so much boils down to RNG... Imagine a warrior surrounded by three goblins, his only option each turn is "attack" and he has a 60% hit chance... not much you can do. :/
In Natuk, he should have been camping the doorway/corner sparta style to make it 2 goblins max!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
If you want a tactical D&D game just grab Low Magic Age:

G37g3Rh.png

It knows how a D&D level up screen should look like:

P3ZwuKS.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
But Low magic age is still being made. It is far from finished from what I understand

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
How soon will it be until completion? That looks KotC-levels of awesome

EDIT: again though, why a game like that doesn't use Pathfinder is completely beyond me

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Wait, Vital Strike is in the game? Is it Pathfinder? Or does it just borrow from it? I guess it just borrows since I can't see mention of Combat Maneuver Bonus.

EDIT: Pathfinder is the same as OGL just with updated mechanics, better classes, races, spells, keywords etc.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wait, Vital Strike is in the game? Is it Pathfinder? Or does it just borrow from it? I guess it just borrows since I can't see mention of Combat Maneuver Bonus.
Well the dev is chinese, so by chinese knockoff of dnd=>pathfinder?

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But Low magic age is still being made. It is far from finished from what I understand
Contrary to Demon Age? :D
Wake me up when LMA has a single-player campaign.
It has one that is as good as Temple of Elemental Evil:
Kill enemies, get loot, become stronger, kill stronger enemies. What more do you need?
I even played it while it was in Chinese only.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom