Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demons Age by Bigmoon Studios - turn-based RPG "highly inspired" by Chaos Chronicles

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
It is confirmed they will come to the gamescom with a more recent beta build than this "press test"

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Last August I wrote, "The Codex needs to interview these developers!" Today, I am happy to announce that this heartfelt wish will be fulfilled at Gamescom next week.

Well, it's actually just a short presentation where we might get to ask a question or two, but I'm sure the fanbase will be gratified anyway. You can post your questions here.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Bigmoon Entertainment presented Demons Age at Gamescom 2016. A brand new title that brings together the characteristics of a classic turn-based roleplaying game with modern graphics and a gripping atmosphere.
Players will dive into the world of Moragon, which is being overrun by Demons after a period of relative quiet. It is up to them to travel the land and discover the relation between the Demon uprising and a mysterious sect that is trying to reawaken the mythical Lord of Darkness, Vazuhr.
Demons Age takes console and PC gamers on a thrilling adventure in which you must find like-minded adventurers who will join your party to fight side by side against ancient evil forces and explore mysterious ruins. Demons Age is coming soon to Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The trailer is pretty good, could this game turn out better than expected after its somewhat dubious origins?

Last edited:

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
I'm not so convinced.Why did they choose to display the ennemis mini character sheets with all their force and weakness? And the trailer only shows combat sessions. Is it the only things the game has to offer? What did Chaos Chronicles become?A simple blackguard Meets OGL? I don't feel it :negative:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Eh, AbounI - Chaos Chronicles was always going to be mostly about combat.

That said, something smells awfully fishy about this. UI looked completely unfinished, maps looked constrained, linear and small. I mean, we've seen massive suprises before (Blackguards), but I'm not counting on this one.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
But as far I remember, Hobgob was trying to implement more hardcore and old school mechanics, which is surely why the development took so long until the breakpoint with bitComposer.

Welcome%20Home.jpg

[negotiations : fumble]

Michael (from bC) also told there was a pumpkin involved in the story, which was certainly a good point for a "more than combat stuff":

L'auteur de "RockPaperShotgun" fait un post à propos de l'annonce et a fait une plaisanterie sur une citrouille qui était visible sur l'une des captures d'écran. La chose vraiment drôle, c'est que cette citrouille a en effet quelque chose à dire à propos de l'histoire du monde. Certaines personnes dans les commentaires ont continué dans le délire et ont même prédit son importance. Maintenant il est temps de se venger : ils avaient raison. Cette citrouille est importante. Et elle l'était déjà à l'époque.

Maybe our beloved bro JarlFrank could tell us more about the story dimension in the game, as he was hired as an auxiliary writer, if he's authorized to speak of course.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Why does the website for this game still say release in 'Q1 2016' when they have themselves released a trailer in August :lol:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
You ask that about a company that still writes it "Demons Age" instead of "Demon's Age".

Maybe it's a post-modern adventure about demons that were created by God together with the world, but now they found out they are all aging and will soon die.

That does sounds way cooler than anything the game will likely have.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
You ask that about a company that still writes it "Demons Age" instead of "Demon's Age".

Maybe it's a post-modern adventure about demons that were created by God together with the world, but now they found out they are all aging and will soon die.

That does sounds way cooler than anything the game will likely have.
bigtrouble_lopanindeed.gif

PirateScum

Augur
:necro:

Some days ago, I've received one of those advertising emails from Amazon, with the newest vidya game suggestions. While I normally just delete that stuff, a higher entity somehow compelled me to open the mail, nonetheless.
A certain title cought my eye immediately, while scrolling: Demons Age (for PS4 :lol:).

And while the official site says Q1 2016 (source: http://www.bigmoonstudios.com/bigmoonstudios.com/index.php/game/demons-age.html), Amazon knows better and lists the 30th June 2017 as release date!
Sure is a placeholder, but can it still be true that this masterpiece turd game(?) will come out soon-ish?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Who will be brave enough to try it?
I wonder if they were able to implement more than 20 feats they had in Alpha and more than 30 spells :D

EDIT: Tnx for Edgy tag but unlike you I was part of the Alpha test team so I know what I am talking about.

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The time to face ZOGALON, the plague of MORAGON has arrived! Is the mage KALDULOR to blame for all of this? We shall see! JUNE!
:kwanzania:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom