Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demons Age by Bigmoon Studios - turn-based RPG "highly inspired" by Chaos Chronicles

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh hey, delayed:

Last edited:

PrettyDeadman

I am glad they listen to that one ArchAngel's post on RPGWatch:

Archangel's_account_on_RPGWatch said:
I can confirm that the game is not release worthy atm although I didn't have as bad time as poor Fluent here.

It has a potential to be a fun game IF (and a big IF) devs get their head out of their ass and fix what needs to be fixed. And there is a lot but it is possible.

So my suggestion is to wait and see if they do anything about it before buying it.
P.S.
Does it mean that RPGWatch is a more prestigious rpgsite than Codex?

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I am glad they listen to that one ArchAngel's post on RPGWatch:

Archangel's_account_on_RPGWatch said:
I can confirm that the game is not release worthy atm although I didn't have as bad time as poor Fluent here.

It has a potential to be a fun game IF (and a big IF) devs get their head out of their ass and fix what needs to be fixed. And there is a lot but it is possible.

So my suggestion is to wait and see if they do anything about it before buying it.
P.S.
Does it mean that RPGWatch is a more prestigious rpgsite than Codex?

If by prestigious you mean licking devs brown hole and not telling them the truth about their products,which seems to be an abomination,yes rpgwatch is a pretty damn prestigious site.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If they decide to release this game as it is, this is going to biggest RPG disaster yet. SCL seems like a 10/10 game compared to current state of this game.

The game will get to compete with such prestigious titles like Legends of Dawn for lowest rated Steam games.

Viata

Arcane
I think playing ToEE should be mandatory to anyone that wants to make a crpg. At least the battle system will be great, no matter how shit the story is(which is quite normal).
ToEE because no way those fags would want to play old crpg, they hardly play anything that was released in the last decade that was not done by bioware and bethesda.

Mustawd

Sounds like Fantasy X-com in a dungeon. I'm fine with that. This is not an RPG though.

Someone somwhere did market-research and came to the conclusion that no player-made character creation and development was the right way to "appeal to the masses".

Again, in X-com you are randomly assigned premade characters of which you can only edit their names. And you can add on necessary equipment. The concept in and of itself is fine. It plays fine and can still be fun. But, it is NOT an rpg.

If you can get past that I think there's fun to be had here if the combat is good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dorateen

Arcane
I am really excited about Demons Age and hope it will become the Fourth best crpg after Dark Sun 1: Shattered Lands, Temple of Elemental Evil and Knights of the Chalice.

Combat focused adventures like Dark Sun: Shattered Lands, Temple of Elemental Evil and Knights of the Chalice are excellent computer role-playing games.

Unfortunately, Demons Age is not a role-playing game.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sounds like Fantasy X-com in a dungeon. I'm fine with that. This is not an RPG though.

Someone somwhere did market-research and came to the conclusion that no player-made character creation and development was the right way to "appeal to the masses".

Again, in X-com you are randomly assigned premade characters of which you can only edit their names. And you can add on necessary equipment. The concept in and of itself is fine. It plays fine and can still be fun. But, it is NOT an rpg.

If you can get past that I think there's fun to be had here if the combat is good.
But X-com does not revolve around the use of feats and spells assigned to your characters. Playing with whatever is thrown at you might be fine indeed, but will the tactical combat be strong enough to carry an otherwise weak game?
X-com is about managing squads of 10+ soldiers who die a lot. That is a very good reason to avoid spending time allocating skill points for them. How many will Chaos Chronicles have? How often are they expected to die?

Mustawd

Yah at best it seems like a party-based tactical game in a fantasy setting and marketed as an RPG. If combat is fun, I'll prolly give it a go. I just will keep in mind it's not an rpg.

Mustawd

But X-com does not revolve around the use of feats and spells assigned to your characters. Playing with whatever is thrown at you might be fine indeed, but will the tactical combat be strong enough to carry an otherwise weak game?

X-com had a variety of stats that would increase with each level in ways you had not control over. Whocares if they are called feats,s kills, or whatever? It was fun due to the tactical as well as strategic layers. Oh, and the atmosphere.

All I'm saying is that ppl IIT are treating that as "no way it's fun!!", when really that's not true. It can totally be fun, and there's no way to know for sure until I see more. But again, it's not an RPG of course.

Viata

Arcane
People are saying it's not fun because it was supposed to be an rpg. No one plays Doom and complains your character is premade, because that's not what they were expecting at all.

Mustawd

I don't even think the devs know what this game is supposed to be or who it's supposed to be for at this point. I don't expect this to be an rpg, but welcome a tactical game if that's what we get. And so far it seems to have a lot of the things that can make for a fun game, but a shitty rpg. Like I said, I have yet to see anything about the combat to draw any real conclusions.

cpmartins

Cipher
It's fun to see shitty projects fail but a part of me still suffers for some reason. Oh well.

Companion permadeth is hardcore.

Present in FO3, absent in New Vegas :smug:
NV had it in Hardcore Mode. NV also gets bonus points for not being garbage.

Anyways, this game won't even let you level up your characters manually. WTF kind of design decision is that?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So guys what'd I miss aside from game has double-dumbfuck level of design decisions?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
nothing, it's not dumb design decisions as much as it is barely a game. almost every "design decision" comes down to a basic feature not being implemented

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom