Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deep Strange Journey releases in Japan on Fall 2017

Epsilon

Cipher
Interesting, the original was argueably the best of what was available for DS, though there were other worthwhile crawlers.

deuxhero

Arcane
Hopefully they fix the way fusion results were uncontrollable and any demon source after the first was effectively impossible to obtain. I dropped the original during the late game because I couldn't be assed to grind for hours to make a healer/afford one from the compendium when every fusion result was one that wouldn't inherit healing spells.

erickaqua

Educated
Hopefully they also fix the extremely preachy story and make Chaos and Order not comically evil.

Latro

Arcane
Oh boy, a remake? or sequel? Strange Journey did not need at all.

Who the fuck is the chick wearing headphones? Could they have made a new character that clashes with the original designs even more?

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I wish Atlus would do fewer of these remakes/spinoff games and focus on proper games, like SMTV. I'd really like them to make a game that lives up to Nocturne.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Will they remake the shitty combat and fusion systems in Strange Journey? Demon co-op was anemic and grinding for demon sources was just ugh. I can't see this remake being worth anything otherwise, other than to devalue my original DS copy of Strange Journey. If anything they should port The Dark Spire since getting that game is next to impossible.

Exhuminator

Arcane
I wonder if we'll actually see a localization for this and the Radiant Historia remake. What with these DS->3DS remakes releasing late in the lifespan of the getting-long-in-the-tooth 3DS and all. I mean, Atlus has said nothing about Etrian Odyssey V getting localized* and it's been out in Japan for a while now. I'd rather have EOV over the other two, honestly.

*To the best of my knowledge. I'd love to be wrong about that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom