Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline26: Come One, Come All

Infinitum

Scholar
Oops. Water nations is what I meant to write.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Oops. Water nations is what I meant to write.

Who bans water nations? The only bans I know of are popkill dominion nations, for obvious reasons.

The only direct advantage of water nations is to be incredibly resilient to early rushing and to pay that advantage with problems in both logistics and income. They are beatable, of course: Matalarata killed me off in Decline 21 and I killed another EA Atlantis in DeclineRuleOfThirds through creative methods.

Of course, beating a UW player that knows what he's doing is hard, but there's the better option: contain and let him lose the race. Can't win a game with only UW provinces.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I don't have a problem with water nations generally, but yes Dayyālu will be more of a pain alone down there.

Maybe somebody else can grab a water nation. Maybe I'll play Oceania. Hmmm.

But then I'd just want to play Pan. Oceania doesn't get revelers. :(

Infinitum

Scholar
Most games I see on steam/dominionsmods seem to specify no water/popkill?

EA atlantis is better than most other water nations in that it can plausibly bring mages and decent troops on land so won't be quite as much a non-entity as they can be granted, but the land provinces will be crowded in this game so its likely gonna have a huge economic advantage by midgame.

I'd rather not, but if we must then we shall fight them on the beaches etc etc

sqeecoo

Arcane
I think it'd be fairer if we had two water nations, a single one can easily monopolize a lot of provinces on this map. I could play EA R'lyeh if there are no other candidates, I guess :)

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I think it'd be fairer if we had two water nations, a single one can easily monopolize a lot of provinces on this map. I could play EA R'lyeh if there are no other candidates, I guess :)

Oceania is the only water nation that can compete with Atlantis(and they basically turn into Pan on land), imo, but if you want to go R'lyeh then more power to you.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Oceania is the only water nation that can compete with Atlantis(and they basically turn into Pan on land), imo, but if you want to go R'lyeh then more power to you.

One must also not under estimate the trickery of sqeecoo ... the polite reaper

Rlyeh gets better pretenders underwater and psi-blasts kick ass

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I wish you could see other people's pretenders out of interest without it being a dice roll of who gets information advantage.

Personally, I tried about 5-6 different blesses and the one that actually gets the best surviveability is the one that has the best attack, which was mildly interesting.

I have respectable scales, good diversity, my sacreds can kill anything... and a few aces

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
would be fun experiment to use RPA and genetic programming to optimize 12 month expansion strategies

uEoPlPB.png

Infinitum

Scholar
Ok, back! Gonna do some last minute angsting about my pretender choice, upload in a bit.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I'd be fine with it, I usually check the forum pretty regularly. Also I think we are in oppositeish timezones so we should have it pretty well covered.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Alright, I just submitted a pretender for Fomoria.

Thanks, I'll start up the game momentarily.

Edit: Llama might be a little slow to register all the Pretenders(even though the Players have joined), so I'll give it an hour or two to catch up just in case.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Well I forgot to edit out a really bad start position, which I got(of course). :lol:

Not going to restart or anything unless it is pretty bad for more people. Pretty bad is 3 border provinces with one being useless and limited avenues for expansion.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I was thinking of making a LP of this game and putting the videos on youtube or something later, as it's the only one I am in currently. Anybody have any good video/audio recording software recommendations? The AMD/Win10 ones I've used for short videos are alright but maybe not ideal, used to use FRAPS a million years ago but stopped liking it....don't really want to fiddle too much with the audio as long as it sounds ok.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I got a start with 4 adjacent provinces, 2 that are accessible and 1 is a throne

pls restart.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I'm happy to report that the UW start is awesome (probably the best I ever had) and the map is great.

Keep map.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I have 1 province I can expand to next turn that isn't a throne.

If I turn out to be surrounded by barbarians or knights in the non-throne province its GG

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom