Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Decline of the Three Kingdoms XIII: Fame and Strategy

Johannes

Arcane
18.jpg

War Demon sounds kewl

Edit: So does Mastermind
17.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
20 - That Sweet Government Job
Civil Servant seems like the easiest job of all to excel in. Don't worry about missing out on the others, we can still switch mid way. It suits the current play more.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Special Conscription isn't very useful. It sacrifices Fealty (increases troop recruit) for a small amount of gold and supply.

Report Merit is a small boost to another officer's merit - useful if you really want that talented officer to be promoted. And you also gain rapport with that officer. However, you can only do this to officers serving the same force. Think of it as writing a letter praising a colleague's work.

04.jpg

Force Councils are quite important. It can change a force direction if you win the votes.

05.jpg

difen.jpg
Ah, then I better spend my time doing something productive.
06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

I'm not sure if befriending a ruler would help you with your career prospects, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt.

09.jpg

difen.jpg
What is it?
10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

difen.jpg
Aiyoh. Why you so stupid to sell so cheap in the first place? It's supply and demand lah...
14.jpg

This fool dare to challenge ME to a debate? I'll show him!

15.jpg

16.jpg

Civil servants will get these debate encounters often. Fighters and such will have to duel often. Now you know why I prefer to stay away from Fighter prestige.

17.jpg

After a few weeks of sucking up to the boss, Liu Zhang is almost ready to call me a friend.

18.jpg

This also unlocks the 3rd requirement for 'Envoy' Prestige class of having at least 3 officers with maximum rapport.

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Envoy serves as a diplomat to negotiate with other forces. Broker isn't very useful, it simply improves relations between your ruler and the other force's leader.

What we want is the Diplomatic Skills bonus.

23.jpg

This improves the initial diplomatic mission progress and also lowers the required rapport to request for an endorsement from another force's officers when doing a diplomatic mission. You'll see why it's very powerful in a bit.

RK47

Patron
21 - Court Drama
01.jpg

Time to attend.

02.jpg

03.jpg

The current map shows that the immediate threat to our kingdom seems to be Ma Chao (Brown, Northwest) and Liu Biao (Light Blue, East)

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Yan Yan's proposal to attack the independent bandit cities make sense, but I don't think we need to waste a council on doing that. I can easily order an attack with my war minister powers.

07.jpg

This makes more sense. By allying with Liu Biao, we will secure our eastern borders for at least 3 years, allowing us to focus on suppressing the southern barbarians before having a showdown with Ma Teng to the north.

08.jpg

Of course, I could also recommend another proposal if I wish to, but let's not split the votes too much.

09.jpg

I'll vote for the Alliance.

10.jpg

Welp. Looks like everyone didn't give a shit about an alliance except me and Wang Shang.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

As long you get ONE additional vote, you can dispute the vote result and attempt to win a debate.

14.jpg

Wow. This is gonna be close.

15.jpg

Things weren't looking so good for Wang Shang. The participant with the less votes will start with a major energy bar disadvantage. But somehow he pulled off some good moves on the 3rd and 4th round and turned the tables!

16.jpg

17.jpg

Yan Yan cornered himself - and the final round is decided!

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

I'm damn happy with this turn of event. Always hate seeing Force Council wasted on bad decisions.

21.jpg

22.jpg

RK47

Patron
22 - The Fat Envoy
With the Force Goal set to Alliance. There's no point in delaying the mission. I'll send myself over to negotiate.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

If your force had aided them in the past, you can use the 'Debt' for a boost in initial negotiation progress. But as you can see, our Diplomatic Skills only gave us +8% to start with. The other 92% needed to be gained from endorsements.

06.jpg

Endorsement % varies from officer ranks. Convince higher ranking officers like ministers to gain more progress. When trying to gain endorsement, pay attention what the officer's prefer - if you they love alcohol they're easy bribes. Tomes and Armor are more expensive and rarer in general.

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Huang Zhong loves drinking. Let's buy him drinks.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

There, we have gained 20% Negotiation rate from his endorsement. Other way to gain rapport for endorsement is to help them with their jobs. And here I aimed for Liu Biao's wife and his son as well to stack up the negotiation rate.

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

I also let go of a pricey book just to get Kuai Liang to endorse the mission.

19.jpg

20.jpg

Now at 78%, we can actually proceed to the court and finish it with a debate. But we'll be starting a debate with slight disadvantage - and if we lose, we also lose a significant chunk of the negotiation rate. Not gonna risk it. I'll find another governor to bribe for endorsement.

21.jpg

With that, I'll have 100% success rate when returning to Liu Biao.

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

This mission costs me around 6000 gold in gifts, and your ruler won't pay you back on those expenses! So those shortcuts to negotiations can be too costly for low rank officers. But at least the rapport remains and you can actually gain free endorsements in the future if you have at least 50 rapport with the officer. Or, if you're famous enough that they respect you.

And completing diplomatic missions gives a huge boost in merit as well, which propels me to a higher rank and a meager salary increase.

26.jpg

27.jpg

And that's how you exploit the chink gift and relationship culture.
See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guanxi

RK47

Patron
23 - Prestige
With the completion of the Force objective, the Council votes on a new one - without me present of course, cause I was still out of town when it happened.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Yeah, they're gonna wipe out the remaining two barbarians. That's fine. I return to Liu Zhang after going for a legendary wine trip with him.

03.jpg

04.jpg

And now he's my friend. I realize now the significance of being a friend of a ruler.

05.jpg

It lets you write letter and mediate between the ruler and his officers. Befriended officers are less likely to defect to a rival force. A ruler with many friends within his force ought to be safe from betrayals. Liu Zhang is a terrible ruler, only with the bond of friendship can his officers be convinced to stay.

06.jpg

I'll also spam Report Merit since another prestige class requires me to do this three times to unlock it.

07.jpg

08.jpg

While this occurs, I order a deployment of troops to take out the barbarian city to the south. They're battling each other at the moment, this is the best time to attack.

09.jpg

Two armies from Jiangzhou and Zitong would be sufficient.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

I've reported three merit, and just need one more mission completion to unlock the Civil Servant prestige class.

13.jpg

Why do I want this? I kinda want the additional income it gives. So off I go to do some commercial investment mission.

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

That was easy.

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Audience is a slightly higher merit gain than Report Merit. But the main reason I want Civil Servant again is for the free income bonus from Incidental Income.

21.jpg

Heh heh heh. Free money.
The rank up was even sweeted when I discovered I can go further up on the Civil Servant tree into a Bureaucrat.

22.jpg

23.jpg

Audit Ledger is great for active income, you literally lift funds off the city's treasury, it could cripple your force's balance sheets, but fuck that amirite? Supply treasury allows me to put my own money to the city's treasury (lol not gonna happen) while Private Transaction allows me to hire troops to bolster the city's garrison with MY OWN FUNDS. (LOL)

24.jpg

On top of the Audit Ledger, you still get the benefit of passive income from Hidden Ledger. Bureaucrat is a pretty awesome prestige class for peaceful types who like to accumulate more gold. Oh, I forgot to mention, Hidden Ledger's income also scales with the city's Commerce development. So be sure to abuse your position to continue works on improving the city's Commerce.

25.jpg

Reward yourself, with others' hard work. Heh heh heh.

RK47

Patron
24 - Two Times Unlucky
Time to visit Cheng du for a shopping trip.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Shit, that's a nice book. I'm gonna blow the bank by getting it.

03.jpg

Time to withdraw money from ATM.

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Heh heh heh.

difen.jpg
It's time to conquer that woman.

08.jpg

A season ends, taxes were collected.

09.jpg

Heh heh heh.

10.jpg

difen.jpg
Oh, I'm just here to reward you for your service. That's all.
kalin.jpg
Ha. Bullshit. They haven't given me any good posting nor mission.
difen.jpg
Our ruler may not appreciate you, but I do.
11.jpg

Her loyalty is kinda low. But look at those stats! She's damn good.

12.jpg

kalin.jpg
What? Really?
13.jpg

kalin.jpg
I-it's not like I want it or anything! But I'll keep it! Now what do you want, fatty? A thank you?
14.jpg

15.jpg

A few weeks of visits later...

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

kalin.jpg
Eh, don't be stupid lah, Fatty. There can only be one mightiest in the land!
difen.jpg
Uh... okay. You are strongest?
21.jpg

22.jpg

:negative:
23.jpg

kalin.jpg
Not bad! You lasted three rounds today! But not good enough!
24.jpg

25.jpg

difen.jpg
(Nabeh...this woman..HNNGHHHH!)

RK47

Patron
25 - Steve's Quest
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

difen.jpg
Was that sarcasm? Ugh. Never mind, I'll be back.

A week later...

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

difen.jpg
Uh.. I'll keep an eye out! Don't worry. I used to be a merchant.
kalin.jpg
Figures. Fatso like you is more fitting as a merchant.

And so off our hero goes, searching for that sword that girl wants.

09.jpg

Elsewhere, Alkeides lays siege on Turisas' stronghold and emerges victorious.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

All that's left is to mop up Iron Yuri's stronghold to secure the southwestern borders.

13.jpg

A season ends, and our hero continues to travel the land searching for that fucking sword.

14.jpg

liuzhang.jpg
Wah, what happen ah? How come Shi Difen never do anything one? Where is he now actually?
messenger.jpg
He was last seen traveling from city to city. Last direction, south into the enemy lands.
15.jpg

16.jpg

liuzhang.jpg
Uh..I hope he knows what's he doing. Neglecting his work and all that.

The last of the barbarian city falls under Liu Zhang's control.

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

Yet Shi Difen remains absent from court duties.

RK47

Patron
26 - Enough is Enough
Four months into his search (seriously fuck this quest, and fuck you Kalin )

01.jpg

difen.jpg
Shit. At least I found the sword at last.
02.jpg

03.jpg

Upon his return to Chengdu, Shi Difen paid his respects to his lord and all was forgiven.

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

difen.jpg
That city's on the southern border. Not really great career prospects, but at least it's something.
07.jpg

His group of comrades joined him there. Letters pour in from his ministers, proposing a course of action.

08.jpg

09.jpg

difen.jpg
Yeah, recruiting more officers will allow faster development of the city. Go ahead. OK. Time to visit that girl.
10.jpg

11.jpg

kalin.jpg
Hmph. I guess I can call you a friend now...
12.jpg

13.jpg

difen.jpg
Kalin, I've been reassigned to Jianning as the governor of the city. Would you like to work under me?
kalin.jpg
Isn't it up to Lord Liu Zhang to decide anyway...i-it's not like I wanted to go anyway!
difen.jpg
Well, I'll talk to Lord Liu about it. See you.
15.jpg

16.jpg

Most officer transfers are not approved unless you have a bond with that officer.

difen.jpg
This is great news! Time to celebrate my transfer with a KFC order!

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

And so after months of travel, our hero settled down in Jianning, ready to resume his duty for the good of his kingdom.

RK47

Patron
27 - Seizure of the South
01.jpg

02.jpg

difen.jpg
Hmm. Lord Liu Zhang is getting greedy.
03.jpg

difen.jpg
Shi Xie's force is directly south of our borders. It probably falls to my city to start the offensive.
04.jpg

difen.jpg
Yea, I'm gonna ignore that for now. I have some accounting to do.
05.jpg

difen.jpg
Heh heh heh.
06.jpg

difen.jpg
Cibai.
07.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Yeah man, that's like a year's worth of salary in one go.
Meanwhile in the north, our alliance with Liu Biao (Light blue) is bearing fruit. His expansion to the north painted him as a target for Ma Teng's force. Let them fight over the north while we consolidate the south.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

difen.jpg
Sounds good. Gimme the cash.
16.jpg

A season pass, and I think we're ready to march. Shi Xie's pool of officers and troop is very small, we should have problem cracking it open with good plays.

17.jpg

18.jpg

Don't think Liu Zhang is sending anyone to reinforce us, so we better keep casualties to a minimum.

RK47

Patron
28 - Shi Xie's Subjugation
01.jpg

The nice thing about being the main commander is that you don't need to tolerate bullshit debates and second opinions when it comes to tactics and troops deployment.

02.jpg

It's a small war anyway. Both troops are evenly matched in numbers but our quality is definitely higher.

03.jpg

04.jpg

The enemy also has a weird tendency to split up.

05.jpg

A solitary unit is vulnerable to pincer attacks that depletes morale and deals higher damage.

06.jpg

Where is Shi Xie? Oh, he's trying to destroy our main camp alone.

07.jpg

It might be a good strategy if you have a high quality officer leading that unit. But he's C-tier officer. There's no way he can destroy our main camp before we return and rout his unit.

08.jpg

09.jpg

The enemies were beaten back to their city. We had to spend a few days breaking down their strongholds before moving on.

11.jpg

These 'strongholds' are excellent defensive points if you know how to use them. Morale restores, troop recovery, constant resupplies. They also slow down the enemy's advance.

12.jpg

Time to take down the city.

13.jpg

Once again the AI displays aggressive tendency. They should've stayed within the falls instead of marching out with spearmen. They're too slow.

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

At least come in all at once lah, losers. Why send two units to attack main camp and have a single unit get rekt?

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

By the time we deployed our siege ladder, all the defenders were doubling back from our main camp from halfway across the map.

20.jpg

21.jpg

It's too late, dumbfucks.

22.jpg

23.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

Too easy.

RK47

Patron
29 - Blitz
Liu Zhang assigns the conqueror of the city as its new Governor.

01.jpg

Obviously he wants me to keep pushing onward.

02.jpg

I see no reason to delay. We've taken minimal losses. Best to beat an enemy when he's down.

03.jpg

The initial garrison fell without much of a fight, and Shi Xie rushed from another city with 14,000 troops to lift the siege.

05.jpg

06.jpg

Not gonna work, old man. We're just too strong for you. But the old man unleashed a suicidal flame strategy before being routed.

07.jpg

We took heavy losses as we beat down the defenders.

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

By the time we advanced to the last city, our men are demoralized and near depleted.

12.jpg

This is a risky attack. I might have over-extended myself if I can't activate the music tactic to restore morale.

13.jpg

The defenders, sensing our weakness rushes out.

14.jpg

I gotta slow down their attack a bit with flame strategy while Alkeides try his best to tell his 'half-dead' men to bring down the enemy camp.

15.jpg

It's a pain dealing with low morale. We simply take more damage, move slower, and deal less damage. Thankfully we succeeded in breaking down the enemy camp.

16.jpg

17.jpg

Now it's their turn to run.

18.jpg

No escape buddy.

19.jpg

Alkeides' cavalry charge caught the fleeing unit.

20.jpg

Shi Xie's lone unit couldn't stop us from climbing the walls.

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

The three month blitz ended and Shi Difen was again put in charge of the newly conquered city.

RK47

Patron
30 - Don't Want Lah
01.jpg

At last I can stabilize my power base in this city. I doubt we're going anywhere soon.

02.jpg

It's time to hire the captured officers.

03.jpg

And convince the surrounding villages to pledge allegiance to our force.
It's time to go shopping too, and earn some free reward for doing so.

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Fuck you lah.

07.jpg

Shit.

08.jpg

I should really dismiss that guy. He's too smart for his own good.

09.jpg

Hmm. I should take advantage of this peacetime...

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

kalin.jpg
Thanks, fatty. Come over my house next time.
difen.jpg
Why?
kalin.jpg
I got something to show you lah. Don't be scared...
difen.jpg
:shredder: O-okay.
13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

difen.jpg
Ni nabeh.
22.jpg

23.jpg

kalin.jpg
Bah, I was just trying to do you a favor, Fatty. And this is how you repay me?
difen.jpg
That's not what I meant. Gah! I'm outta here! First Ninjerk trolls me and now you?! Too much!

RK47

Patron
31 - Never Gonna Gib U Up
And so our hero continues to continue his nefarious pilferage of the city's treasury.

01.jpg

And spent it on gifts.

02.jpg

03.jpg

kalin.jpg
Another one?! What is this for, really?!
difen.jpg
Look, just take lah. It's a gift.
04.jpg

difen.jpg
SHUT UP LAH!
05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

difen.jpg
Shopkeeper, gib all swords.
merchant.jpg
At once Lord Difen!
08.jpg

kalin.jpg
Look, stop this. This is crazy. My house is turning into an armory at this point.
09.jpg

10.jpg

kalin.jpg
H-huh? Why should I?
difen.jpg
Your programming as 2D waifu compels you! I've maxed your relations and now you cannot resist my manly charms!
kalin.jpg
Y-you pig! I'll kill you if you can't satisfy me!
difen.jpg
Does that mean yes?
14.jpg

Later that night...
15.jpg

difen.jpg
Be there in a sec. Eh...where's the fried chicken?
kalin.jpg
Stop eating that unhealthy shit, fatso.
difen.jpg
Okay lah.

Later after dinner.
difen.jpg
Alright, I'm done. I'm gonna go play computer games.
16.jpg

difen.jpg
H-huh?

Our hero was finally rewarded with pussy after months and nearly years of corruption-funded gifting at last. It's probably the worst courtship that is ever done in the history of romance novels. But it does get the job done.

17.jpg

Lord Liu Zhang's territory has doubled. No threats remained in the west. With the Alliance with Liu Biao nearing its end, what will the future hold for the Kingdom? Look forward to the next update!

RK47

Patron
32 - Time's Up
01.jpg

Not sure what Liu Zhang's next decision would be. If the ceasefire expires, I'm definitely going to attack. But an extended alliance wouldn't hurt since we can consolidate our holdings.

War is raging in Central Plains, Cao Cao (Blue) is getting attacked from all sides. Sun Ce from the south, Yuan Shao from the north and Ma Teng from the west. Doubt he'll survive.

02.jpg

However, the Sun clan's fortune is about to take a turn for the worse...

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Elsewhere, another star is born.

15.jpg

16.jpg

:negative: It's a girl?! Godddamit!

17.jpg

I don't care enough to name a girl. Whatever.

RK47

Patron
33 - Stagnant
201 AD - Liu Biao's territory is under constant onslaught from Sun Quan and Ma Teng as Cao Cao's demesne shrank further. Defeat seems certain for the two warlords.

01.jpg

Liu Zhang's Army remains stagnant, tied down by a ceasefire that hampers any efforts of expansion.

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

difen.jpg
That's great.
kalin.jpg
You look disappointed. What's wrong?
difen.jpg
We're stagnating. I don't know why Lord Liu Zhang signed a truce with Liu Biao, we could easily seize Liu Biao's wekened territory with just our army alone!
kalin.jpg
Then use your privilege and annul the truce.
difen.jpg
B-but if we do that we'll be branded as a dishonorable clan. The impact will be felt for years! No one would trust us for a long time!
kalin.jpg
It's your choice. Annul the truce for a short term gain or remain weak to wait for a better opportunity. The army's barely seen any action for the past 2-3 years. Anything else?
difen.jpg
Sigh. I'm kinda disappoint it's not a boy...
kalin.jpg
Who says we can't try again?
06.jpg

difen.jpg
Welp. I'll write the letter tomorrow.
07.jpg

difen.jpg
We have to seize Liu Biao's remaining cities. We can't let Ma Teng take everything.
08.jpg

09.jpg

difen.jpg
Good. It's time.
10.jpg

11.jpg

When at war, assume a suitable prestige. The Leader is capable of raising a private army with his own funds.

12.jpg

kalin.jpg
So you've decided. I thought you'd prefer to stay in your office all day and audit ledgers...
difen.jpg
Ha! How can I look weak in front of my wife? Alkeides, are the men ready?
alk.jpg
Ready and able!
13.jpg

201 AD - Liu Zhang's Southern Army is back on the move again after nearly 3 years of peace.

RK47

Patron
34 - Some Must Fall
Cao Cao, the mastermind was finally defeated by his bitter rival, Yuan Shao.

01.jpg

02.jpg

With the Emperor under their control, the Yuan Shao Army will wield even greater influence.

03.jpg

Liu Zhang Army hasn't fought a single battle against Yuan Shao, but time is ticking as they seized their former ally's territory.

04.jpg

difen.jpg
Not a single defenders rode out to meet us... they must be really on their last ropes.
05.jpg

Meager resistance awaits in Changsha.

06.jpg

07.jpg

And just like that, Liu Biao's holding is reduced to a single one which is besieged by Ma Teng's army.

08.jpg

09.jpg

difen.jpg
It's over. At least we got three cities with very little cost. But this is just the beginning...
10.jpg

11.jpg

alk.jpg
General, enemy force, crossing the river!
12.jpg

difen.jpg
Lu Bu's banner? He's working under Sun Quan now? Hmm, they're headed towards Ma Teng's territory.
alk.jpg
Should we assist our allies?
difen.jpg
Hmm. Let me think..
messenger.jpg
General! Your wife! She's given birth!
difen.jpg
W-what? I'll be right back!
13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

difen.jpg
Damn...
kalin.jpg
We can always try again...
difen.jpg
Yeah.. That we can.
kalin.jpg
So...what'll we name her?
17.jpg

18.jpg

alk.jpg
Congratulations, General.
difen.jpg
Where's Lu Bu?
19.jpg

alk.jpg
He's making a landing soon.
difen.jpg
We march. Ready yourselves. This isn't an ordinary warrior...

RK47

Patron
35 - Allied Defense
Shi Difen's Army finally caught up with Lu Bu as he engages Ma Teng's army.

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

The advantage lies with the allied defenders. Lu Bu's force consists of just two units totalling 17,000 men.

06.jpg

difen.jpg
Ninjerk, charge and finish this!
07.jpg

During the battle a few officers distinguished themselves.

08.jpg

09.jpg

It was a close match. But Ninjerk stole the victory on the last round.

10.jpg

11.jpg

Lu Bu, as mighty as he is on duels, have no hope of ddefending against a force thrice his size.

12.jpg

13.jpg

difen.jpg
Too early to celebrate. We have to rush over to another allied city before it falls.
14.jpg

RK47

Patron
36 - Overwhelming Disadvantage
Shi Difen's army arrives at Xianyang with its gates barely holding and defenders mostly routed.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

The remaining defenders were routed as Shi Difen's arrived, sending a huge morale penalty. Coming here might be a mistake.

04.jpg

05.jpg

Pang De of Ma Teng's army arrives on the scene, but 5,000 archers won't make much of a difference at this point.
Gonna buy time with fire strategies. and hope for reinforcements.

06.jpg

The initial melee was fierce, with casualties on both sides.

07.jpg

The defenders inflicted 7000 casualties while sustaining 3000 losses. Despite the 2 to 1 kill to death ratio, it's non-sustainable. We have to play for time.

08.jpg

Our full cavalry army should have no issue outrunning them, that is if they take the bait instead of rushing for the town center. Amazingly, they followed. Shi Difen's unit constantly bombard them with fire strategies to inflict more losses.

09.jpg

The defenders arrived at the undefended enemy's main camp with their pursuers close behind.

10.jpg

As Zhang Liao and Zhou Yu arrive ahead of time, Shi Difen quickly did a quick counter-attack to score a quick rout on Zhang Liao's archer unit.

11.jpg

12.jpg

The heated melee was costly for both sides, Ka Lin's unit nearly routed and had to pull out of the engagement. As the rest of the pursuers close in, Shi Difen ordered a general retreat back into the city while leaving a fiery trail behind.

13.jpg

14.jpg

It was enough to destroy Zhou Yu's heavily wounded unit. The loss of their commander inflicted a severe blow to the attackers.

15.jpg

The tide of battle is beginning to turn.

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

The army promptly halted their retreat and charged at their pursuers on Ninjerk's command.

19.jpg

In the chaos the melee, Ninjerk's blade crossed with Zhou Cang's.

20.jpg

A victory here would seal the attacker's fate, plummeting their morale further.
Alas, it wasn't to be.

21.jpg

difen.jpg
Cibai lah, Ninjerk!

RK47

Patron
37 - Ring of Fire
difen.jpg
Charge out of melee and unleash the flame strategy!
alk.jpg
Ninjerk's surrounded! There's no way out.
01.jpg

ninjerk.jpg
Shit, I'm done for..
difen.jpg
If we go in now, we'll take heavy casualty. But if we let his unit get routed, we'll lose the Charge Command strategy... Eh.. Fuck it! Get in there and finish this!
02.jpg

Both sides rushed at each other within the flames, sustaining heavy casualties. But the already battered attackers were the first ones to break.

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

A chain of routs plummets their morale further, making them easy victims.

difen.jpg
Ninjerk, you okay?
ninjerk.jpg
I thank you for the rescue, Commander.
06.jpg

difen.jpg
Final charge boys. Let's do this!
07.jpg

Gao Shun's unit quickly collapsed under the encirclement.

08.jpg

09.jpg

alk.jpg
We are victorious, General! I always believe in you!
10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

The Yuan and Sun Alliance is gaining momentum. Yuan continues to push westwards into Ma Teng's territory, while Sun's advance was temporarily halted at Jiangling.

difen.jpg
It's too early to celebrate.
13.jpg

The defenders grimly look at a distance where another 40,000 strong Sun Army is encamped.

difen.jpg
If we don't get any reinforcements soon, we're done for.

RK47

Patron
38 - As the River Flows
With his troops in no shape for another battle, Shi Difen was forced to withdraw back to Nanhai.

01.jpg

There, he reforms his private army and expanded his personal command to more than 1,500 men.

02.jpg

His victory further expanded his prestige as a veteran general.

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

The Veteran General perks focuses on increased rate of recruitment as well as troop training and drill effects. But the most important of all is the Command passive.

06.jpg

07.jpg

Slowing down morale deterioration during march is crucial for an army that needs to march for a long distance to reinforce the front line. The region is still destabilized, what's worse - tribal armies took advantage of the chaos and forms a horde to plunder cities at random.

09.jpg

Alarmed by the large number of the tribal raiders, Shi Difen quickly responded with a force of his own to reinforce.

10.jpg

Elsewhere, Yuan Shao's dream of conquest ended peacefully. He died satisfied, knowing he had beaten his rival Cao Cao and safeguarded the Emperor.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Elsewhere, a heated battle breaks out between Liu Zhang's army and a band of Shanyue tribals.

14.jpg

Rallying his men together, Shi Difen combines with Ah Zira and Turisas's army before mounting a fierce counter-attack.

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

The concentrated assault tore apart the Shanyue's main camp and the rest of their army fled.

18.jpg

With the threat over, the army marched home victorious once more.

23.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

kalin.jpg
Hmm. What shall we teach her?
difen.jpg
These days, one cannot survive without intellect. I want her to read more.
22.jpg

24.jpg

messenger.jpg
Order from Liu Zhang! Our force objectives are as follows:
25.jpg

difen.jpg
This is going to be difficult.

RK47

Patron
39 - Heroes Crash Like Waves
Liu Zhang's army gathered as ordered to siege Jiangling. The first wave of attack is already faltering as Sun Quan's army sends more reinforcements from the east.

01.jpg

Shi Difen's army holds a slight disadvantage as his force arrives to reinforce the offensive.

02.jpg

03.jpg

difen.jpg
Place a siege tower here to discourage them from attacking our main camp! We move on to take out their external camps first!
04.jpg

The defenders decide to wait for the attackers' arrival as their camps outside the walls fall one by one.

05.jpg

As the siege enters its second week, the attackers' numbers were bolstered by more arrivals.

06.jpg

07.jpg

difen.jpg
Second camp is destroyed! Begin the attack!
08.jpg

The defenders made a fatal mistake in letting the camps fall. Each camp destroyed lowers their morale - therefore as soon as one of the attackers set foot on the walls, most of their units cowers in panic.

09.jpg

difen.jpg
Take advantage of this weakness! No mercy!

Thousands died as the attackers swelled to 65,000 strong while the defenders shrank to 48,000. Yet the advantage was for but a moment as more reinforcements arrive for the defenders.

10.jpg

difen.jpg
Push in and throw open the gates!
12.jpg

13.jpg

As more reinforcements poured in, both sides evened out at 65,000 vs 61,000.

14.jpg

A few of the defenders cavalry units peeled away from the defensive duty to harass the attackers' camp.

difen.jpg
No time for that now. Focus on what's in front of you! Ready the flame strategy!
15.jpg

ninjerk.jpg
I'll stop them from damaging the camp!
difen.jpg
Go. But be careful!
16.jpg

Sending Ninjerk alone is risky, but we cannot spare too many men or we'll lose the advantage.

17.jpg

difen.jpg
I want two siege towers deployed! Cut them down! Do not let them escape!

As the blaze spread, the defenders rapidly melted away in panic. Casualties mounted as both sides clash in chaotic melee but the attackers hold the advantage with two siege towers raining arrows from above.

18.jpg

Yet for some inexplicable reason, Lu Bu the commander of the defense remained within his main camp, unwilling to commit into the melee. Had he done so, the melee could've gone differently.

19.jpg

Ninjerk pushed his units as fast as he could to catch up, but as he neared the main camp his heart was gladdened by the arrival of Azira, commanding an unit of 14,000 strong spearmen.

20.jpg

ninjerk.jpg
Excellent! With this, the main camp is safe!

Back inside the walls, the defenders are slowly replenishing their numbers with fresh troops. Both sides still throwing bodies at each other within the same kill zone.

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

As more armies arrived, the combatants totaled more than 140,000 men.

RK47

Patron
40 - All Desire is like a Floating Cloud
01.jpg

ninjerk.jpg
Let's finish this fight quickly and get back into the city!

Within the walls, the attackers regained advantage, but more and more reinforcement poured in for the defenders.

02.jpg

difen.jpg
Alkeides! Break through!
03.jpg

alk.jpg
KILL!!!!
04.jpg

As another four thousand perished, another four thousand arrive to take its place.

05.jpg

difen.jpg
This is fucking insane. Like a buffet of death.
06.jpg

In the chaos of the melee, Azira and Ninjerk has completely abandoned the main camp...leaving it vulnerable to an attack from a lone cavalry.
07.jpg

difen.jpg
Cibai. I hate this fucking annoyance... some one take care of that shit!
alk.jpg
I'll go!
08.jpg

As Azira finally arrives in the melee. Fresh defenders poured in to replace the losses. The attackers have yet to damage the main camp despite inflicting upwards of 30,000 casualties since the battle started.

10.jpg

difen.jpg
Steady, don't get baited away from our tower cover!
11.jpg

It's now 68,000 attackers vs 33,000 defenders.
Just as the attackers felt like they've gained a significant advantage Zhang Liao arrives to bolster the defence with 15,000 cavalry.

12.jpg

13.jpg

:despair:Ninabeh.
14.jpg

alk.jpg
C'mon! Hurry up! I don't want to miss the fight!
difen.jpg
AZIRA! WIND FORMATION! Display our killing intent.
15.jpg

Azira's Like the Wind Strategem is insanely high cost but it bolsters a huge radius morale and offensive attack power as well as mobility.

16.jpg

difen.jpg
If we lose th-
kalin.jpg
Don't even say it!
17.jpg

18.jpg

ninjerk.jpg
A magnificent whirlwind of death, General!
19.jpg

alk.jpg
Damn, I missed the action!

The bouts of charged offensive took its toll on both sides, it's now 43,000 vs 27,000. Zhang Liao's unit of 15,000 is still mostly intact.

20.jpg

difen.jpg
Focus on the smaller units first! THEN we surround Zhang Liao!
21.jpg

20,000 casualties later....

22.jpg

:baka: GO AND DIE LAH!

RK47

Patron
41 - Mountains remain as they were
alk.jpg
General. I've returned!
01.jpg

difen.jpg
Good. Someone stop that harassing unit again. Our camp is half broken. If we lose the main camp, we are all going home like losers, got it? Now let's siege the enemy's main camp and..
02.jpg

difen.jpg
Oh, for fuck's sake!
03.jpg

The tide of reinforcement for the defense doubled. Eliminating all number advantage the attackers might've had! Lu Bu, sensing advantage rushes out of his main camp as well to finish the job.

difen.jpg
Fuck this. Fall back to the main camp! NOW!
kalin.jpg
Seriously?!

Just as the attackers fled from the city gates back to their main camp, a thunderous shout roars across the plains.

04.jpg

difen.jpg
Darth Roxor! Holy shit.

Darth Roxor has arrived. With him are at least 40,000 strong fresh troops.

difen.jpg
What the fuck took you so long?
roxor.jpg
Don't complain, Kurwa. Let's win this.
05.jpg

06.jpg

The lone cavalry harassing the main camp was routed instantly.

07.jpg

Lu Bu, ever so eager to finish the fight was caught by the sudden surge of attackers as he left the safety of the city walls.

08.jpg

09.jpg

difen.jpg
COUNTER ATTACK AND FINISH THIS!
10.jpg

Just as the command was given, another six thousand defenders arrived. Lu Bu quickly fell back within the city walls.

11.jpg

12.jpg

difen.jpg
Finish this. Advance!
13.jpg

difen.jpg
NO ESCAPE, LU BU!
14.jpg

15.jpg

The Battle for Jiangling began on 203 AD, Aug 22 - and ended with Liu Zhang's army victory on 204 AD, Jan 18.

16.jpg

The death toll was incalculable.

17.jpg

18.jpg

The defeat dealt a black eye on Sun Quan's Army. They could not replicate the success of their Yuan allies in taking western territories.

20.jpg

Even with this victory, there was little cause to celebrate, as Yuan's Army plundered Ma Teng's territory to the north, it will soon set its sight southwards towards Chengdu, the capital of Liu Zhang's Army. Attacked from both North and East, the survival of Liu Zhang's Kingdom seems very unlikely.

21.jpg

But that is a worry for another time, for today - the heroes must return to their homes and rest.

22.jpg

difen.jpg
Well done. Dismissed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom