Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Now: now leaked to the public

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Only crappy thing is, I got one of my national heroes(you know, a bad ass giant with extra magic skills), and likely will never get him again. :negative:

Zibniyat

Arcane
So I just received a new turn... Turns out I stalled, even though I've sent my turn in and received a confirmation. Lel...

KoolNoodles

Arcane
So I just received a new turn... Turns out I stalled, even though I've sent my turn in and received a confirmation. Lel...

Hmm. I could roll back I suppose, if everyone is ok with that. Just lemme know people!

Zibniyat

Arcane
Ok, I'm sorry to say this to all of you, but this game is boring. As in so boring that I've missed my turn for the second time.

I just don't feel any transcendental connection to this particular game, so you'll all have to excuse me for not even bothering to pay attention to at least do my turn in a few minutes and submit it in time.

Also, Eriu is shit and boring. Terrible "interpretation" of elves. Why do people even call them elves? They're shit, unlike real elves.

So, Dayyālu and whomever was that I've subbed for... please find another sub or just do the turns yourselves, whatever.

Sorry.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I completely share your sentiment, and would do the same if I could.

Yet, I'm a tenacious bastard and this is not D10 where stuff in the game made it .... unwholesome to be in.

So, anyone want to share the fun?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Ouch.

Come on, it's not that boring. In the first couple years we had a double team, then a backstab, several hasty peace offers and weird treaties. Territories shifted around, and at the end of it Pan/Eriu are even better off. How is winning boring? How is any of that boring.

As Ashdod this game has been thrilling let me tell you. Nothing like getting your ass kicked and then crawling back from the abyss to stoke some excitement.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Come on, it's not that boring. In the first couple years we had a double team, then a backstab, several hasty peace offers and weird treaties. Territories shifted around, and at the end of it Pan/Eriu are even better off. How is winning boring? How is any of that boring.

It's up fighting with Grim Antiquity for the least exciting game I ever played. It's not even Decline10/2 levels, it's simply tiresome. Goin' through the motions, not even bothering to plan for the long term. Why should I? I'm dead in any case, and there is nothing to rescue.

On more bluntly put, everything in this game has been boring for a month or more.

Malakal , yer the Elven Master. Want to rescue me from the endless boredom of nothing?

And I'm somewhat amused that the posts "YEAH I HAVE ENOUGH" gets all the brofists, while "I HAVE TO KEEP THIS SHIT UP" nothing.

Being a faithful minion gives no brofists :negative:

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Goons in EVE Online are infamous for weaponizing boredom, turns out it's a very viable tactic for them, and now for us.

I demand it counts as a technical victory for us on the Dominions Hall of Fame. We've already killed 1/3 of the players after all.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Dayyālu I have one ongoing normal pbem and two starting disciple pbems so will have to decline.

Besides subbing in for someone is always a chore, having to sort stuff out, having to accept the design of the pretender and plans made by the predecessor, dealing with sometimes random research.

I once subbed in as EA Ulm turn 3x where I had like two labbed forts. Game went on to 13x turns because the leading super power Xibalba was just too scrub to win the game but too strong for me to kill him. In the end I had to king make Agartha just to end the damn game in any reasonable time.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Goons in EVE Online are infamous for weaponizing boredom, turns out it's a very viable tactic for them, and now for us.

I demand it counts as a technical victory for us on the Dominions Hall of Fame. We've already killed 1/3 of the players after all.

It's my opinion that the true enemy in every Dominion game, is, deeply inside, yourself : how much time do you want to give to planning all the details? How much strength can you give to set up all the scripts and follow diplo?

Anhur won the game on that hellish raw map because he was more resilient than anyone else.

Well, let's call the troops. Guys, Eriu, solid position, turn 36:

Muty

thesheeep

Zzz

Isiloon (pliz no)

Dayyālu I have one ongoing normal pbem and two starting disciple pbems so will have to decline.

Thanks anyway! Gotta try.

It appears constantly threatening enemies with going AI has shitty effect on the morale of allies :lol:

Mondblut, I'd like if you started to understand the peculiarities of diplo shitposting (I'd have promised to sacrifice my firstborn son to gain something, truth be told).The simple fact that I keep this drag of a game alive should be proof, nay?

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
Mondblut, I'd like if you started to understand the peculiarities of diplo shitposting (I'd have promised to sacrifice my firstborn son to gain something, truth be told).The simple fact that I keep this drag of a game alive should be proof, nay?

Updated my journal.

Not like it matters though, I stopped caring whether those threats are hollow or not by about the third time you began spinning that song :lol:

mondblut

Arcane

Us? Buttoning up and doing nothing for 30 turns to the rage of Dayyalu and despair of his fleeting partners is what Agartha does :smug:

KoolNoodles

Arcane

Join us, Muty, it's a real brofest up in here.

gmfq9lV.gif

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Is this an ongoing game? I am too stoopid to read through the last 5 pages.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom