Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 33 1/3, The Rule of Thirds

sqeecoo

Arcane
Yeah guys, I am deeply ashamed (honestly), but I don't really have time for a lategame TC here, especially since I'm pretty unfamiliar with the nation. I had a tough few weeks, got some deadlines looming, and keep getting more work, can't seem to get out of the hole. Wanting to play age of decadence doesn't help either. If you can't find a sub I can take it back in a week at most, but no guarantees before then.

Again, I'm very sorry, it's against my principles to stall and I want to continue, just couldn't find the mental energy to do it lately.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Request at least one more day extension(max) to see if we can find a sub. If we can't, I guess we just roll with it? Not like TC is at war or anything(and making them AI would just be insane at this point). :M

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Request at least one more day extension(max) to see if we can find a sub. If we can't, I guess we just roll with it? Not like TC is at war or anything(and making them AI would just be insane at this point). :M

Was my plan anyway.

If we go slow turns mb sqeecoo returns to us once he is less busy.

Because I asked some people and no one wants to sub turn 80...

KoolNoodles

Arcane

Was my plan anyway.

If we go slow turns mb sqeecoo returns to us once he is less busy.

Because I asked some people and no one wants to sub turn 80...

Yeah same. Ok thanks!

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Not like TC is at war or anything

Er, what?

They haven't attacked me, or Sauromatia, once....as far as I can tell(maybe a golem at one point, not sure). Classic sqeecoo move was to wait until one of us was weakened so he didn't have to risk most of his forces. Unfortunately, the rest of you guys haven't done enough (it still hurts) against me, and I am keeping ~35% of my forces on "TC border staring contest" duty, so he has been sitting there waiting.

I guess that is what I mean by war, even though I raided him a couple times for funsies.

mondblut

Arcane
They haven't attacked me, or Sauromatia, once....as far as I can tell(maybe a golem at one point, not sure). Classic sqeecoo move was to wait until one of us was weakened so he didn't have to risk most of his forces.

sqeecoo, sqeecoo... TFW when the fake news enemy propaganda is exposed as having been true all along.

Unfortunately, the rest of you guys haven't done enough (it still hurts) against me

That's because the above is everyone's classic move :smug:

sqeecoo

Arcane
As far as I know only Malakal has been fighting honorably all this time. Well, and maybe Machaka. Honestly, due to not having made any concrete promises other than general war declaration, I initially adopted a dastardly "wait and see" approach, securing deals to engage in only limited warfare with both Ulm and Sauro. But after a turn or two of deliberate waiting I got too lazy/busy to figure out how to script proper attacks, promising myself to do it "next turn" every time.

Guess I should really attack Ulm when I get back! Btw, I should have time to do the turn on Sunday and henceforth regularly, if all goes well with the obligations (alternatively, I'll recluse myself from the world forever in a liberal atheist monastery or something).

Dayyālu

Arcane
As far as I know only Malakal has been fighting honorably all this time.

The entire war I am waging against Atlantis (amongst the shittiest wars I've ever waged in Dominions) is to uphold my alliance with Ulm. TC was a case of "Oh God no one wants to truly fight a lategame war on land, my brain hurts".

Points to Malakal to keep fighting in a hopeless situation. EVEN IF SOMEONE KEEPS FEEDING HIM GEMS AND IF I DISCOVER WHO SENT A BVC ON MY LANDS YOU ARE GONNA PAY

I SWEAR

Dayyālu

Arcane
Honestly, what's a BVC?
A Banana Vehicle Contraption?
:retarded:

Bane Venom Charms. It's a Con4 D2 10 D gems item that has a simple property, Reaper (10). It kills population and every turn forces a Magic Resistance check, if the commander\unit fails it gets diseased. The malus is that it diseases the carrier, but if you use undead shades (also, amphibious) there's no problem. It's a good "fuck you" weapon often countered by aggressive patrolling with flying units, Mind Hunt etc.

Malakal UW lacks both numbers and flexibility to hunt them down, so he got like 7-8 of them in its lands, 3 on his cap etc. etc.

I am sorry for him, but it's a way to break his nation like any other.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Can somebody give a quick, semi-honest review of what's going on? Who's allied to whom, mostly.

Ulm and Sauro are allied. The rest was also supposed to be allied against them but squeeco was merely pretending to act, due to laziness I hope. Its axis vs allies Dominions edition.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Ulm and Sauro fighting machaka&Mic&Atlantis. TC despite being the strongest is at peace with everyone waiting for a good chance to kill everyone. Simple.​

Dayyālu

Arcane
What are everyone's blesses / pretenders?

Johannes, see, you won and that's it. TC is far more powerful than anything else, the only power barely comparable was Ulm and now he's dead.

Berytos is completely passive and incapable of mounting offensives, Machaka has suffered heavy losses and it's also incapable of organizing good offensives, Mictlan has been doing nothing (bar probably financing Atlantis) for the whole game, Atlantis is dead in the water (whoever is giving them BVCs, it's endlessly amusing for me, remember that I can patrol and I can catch them). Ulm is now dead and I am kinda powerless as I don't control any Thrones.

If you Throne rush, you can easily smash aside everyone and end this travesty. I for one won't try to stop you.

The drôle de guerre period, to be precise. And with TC pulling everyone in then walking out of it. :negative:

I'm not here to save you all from your lack of vision. "We're allying with the strongest nation around, and he uses us as disposable allies while losing nothing!"

:hahano:

Dayyālu

Arcane
shut up faggot

Berytos' long list of offensives and wars:

You won two defensive battles with Firestorm and that's it, one against me and one against Ulm. At least Atlantis is fighting. What, now that TC is gonna break us all like a twig you are feeling nervous?

mondblut

Arcane
I'm not here to save you all from your lack of vision. "We're allying with the strongest nation around, and he uses us as disposable allies while losing nothing!"

:hahano:

It's not like I wasn't ready for this turn of events by doing little else other than harassing Ulm as a payback for his Wrath of God harassing me. But I would have expected TC to at least pretend he is actually involved in the war he called us into :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom