Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 23: NATIONGEN Edition

What era

• EA

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • MA

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • LA

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
The more I look at my pick the shittier it becomes. :(

Dayyālu

Arcane

When you go nationGen, you always pick "Crazy Sacred Power".

Makes for interestingly retarded games.

This batch is meh, but we did the picking already.... about the map, choose a good 10 players one and host. Valanis is crap but pretty, Pelywir maybe?

Infinitum

Scholar

THEN DON'T LOOK. Awake Demilich. Quadbless. Recruit 2 sailing amphibious expansion parties per turn with Sloth-3. Shrouded Assassins for everyone. You'll die the moment someone marches on your capital with real troops but until then it'll be all glory all the time. :salute:

EDIT: I can go for Valanis. It's purty.

Last edited:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I am not sure which nation you had in mind, but Eriseleis this is not.

Infinitum

Scholar
I thought you went with Ceassidigh? No-one did? Huh. Well, nevermind then.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Decline23

Llama was giving me a bit of shit, seems to be working now.

EDIT - errr why u do this llama

mmkay... game isnt there, but it says it clahses names if i rm...

so i make a new dif one...

http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Decline23_v2

aaaaand it kills that one as well... okay okay, i'll try a different map.

http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Decline23_v3

and it doesnt like a different map either... okay is it the mod? lets try...

Fuck sake, now all of the games appear. wtf... they appear, disappear then reappear
:happytrollboy:

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
When you go nationGen, you always pick "Crazy Sacred Power".

Makes for interestingly retarded games.

This batch is meh, but we did the picking already.... about the map, choose a good 10 players one and host. Valanis is crap but pretty, Pelywir maybe?

I didnt know how crazy it was on a spectrum of balanced to slav

Grif

Learned
Making pretender now. I'm quite sure I'll regret this.

Infinitum

Scholar
I'll get to it tonight. Still torn between reasonable rainbow bless and lolquickness awake fountain..

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Is this game still a thing? I believe current player-nation list looks like this:

Dayyalu- Dushalpaknia
coldcrow- Eriseleis
Grimwulf- Pareldocia
mondblut- Comhich
Muty- Zris
Infinitum- Rithki
Isiloon- Ceassidigh
Grif- Shela
Trash Player- Neuges

That is 9 players, not 11. Isiloon, fix dat on llama and maybe this game will start during my lifetime.

Dayyālu Muty Trash Player send your doomed-ass Pretenders - there is no point overthinking your strategy, mondblut will rape us all anyway.

mondblut

Arcane
Speaking of test game, maybe you'll be amused by its results (turn 119, the Cataclysm is in full swing, my Comhich owns quarter of the Glory of the Gods map, all 30 nations in):

Dushalpaknia - doing reasonably ok
Eriseleis - just got domkilled after a few turns worth of being jointly pwned by Dushalpaknia and myself
Pareldocia - killed by the AIs
Zris - doing reasonably ok, took and held Kadales cap despite them ruling the seas until domkilled
Rithki - killed by the AIs
Ceassidigh - doing reasonably ok
Shela - killed by the AIs
Neuges - alive, that's all I know

I personally killed Siasa, Nofu and Lansise, also inherited Qurgya from Lansise and Oarp from Eriseleis (note that I played with homecom/homemon changed to reccom/recmon, because fuck being stuck with the same 3 units for 100 turns in SP).

lrx0MGj.jpg

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
damn when I did testing it was only like first 2ish years... but I tested maybe 6 times different builds to optimize it... in most of my games if my expansion party lost against something it shouldnt have lost against, I would restart and try something else.

I tried making a giant-hydra build, didnt work well.. tried max scales... couldnt make full utilization of all of them anyway, tried huge bless - didnt make much difference to expansion power... try try try again... I basically ended up going with a pretty unusual build that also seems quite strong - but I wont disclose it :D

mondblut

Arcane
Well, what I call "test game" for convenience actually means "just playing Dominions without these annoying meatbags ruining my fun" :P

Oh, and a bunch of A1/W1 mages with some screen eat up Eater of Rims or Maker of Ruins for breakfast with lightning or frozen heart spam. So, unless Hruvor or Kurgi show up, I am mildly secure about throne defenses.

Helpful tips:

1) most doom horrors kill PD, besiege a castle for a turn, then melt the throne without ever having to attack the castle. If you want to intercept them and count as a defender, your doom horror welcoming committee should patrol the province. If you don't, you'll still have one more turn to break the siege and charge them as an attacker before the throne goes poof.

2) however, Maker of Ruins destroys the castle instantly. And a temple too. First, he kills the PD, then the castle disappears, then whoever was in your castle attacks him, all within the same turn's resolution. So script accordingly.

Also, never saw Kurgi or Hunter of Heroes or Eater of Dogs (not 100% sure about this one) doing the throne eating. Only Eater of Rims, Maker of Craps and the Abo' seem to be involved in the cataclysm, out of which only the Abo is truly bad news.

Last edited:

Grif

Learned
My nation does only one thing and only one thing well. And I'll just ride hard on it to see how far I can get.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Who is missing?

We miss a player, methinks. Can't check properly, no viable player list.

I'd suggest to start in 1-2 days in any case before this dies off. No offense intended.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
The sooner I can run Oarp into the ground the better! Turmoil3 Misfortune3 baby! ROLL THEM DICE

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom