Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 23: NATIONGEN Edition

What era

• EA

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • MA

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • LA

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Eriseleis is deceptively decent. Very good mages and H3. Troops are varied, just lacking a bit of protection and attack skill to be actually great.

Infinitum

Scholar
Yeah it's worth a mention, good call. Seems eclipsed rather badly by The Minaret of Steam though, and those mages are almost all old. Not having decent armor and expensiveish troops hurts. Spear/Poison sling infantry and Griffon Riders are pretty good, and the sacred archers are at least resource-cheap. Having the Air/Earth crosspath and precision 15 sacred ranger commanders makes the nation pretty suited to Bow of War spam with Sun/Withering Weapons and Air bless to taste which is something I would like to see at least once (fire rearmost into those delicious mages 13 at a time). Doesn't seem like that bless would expand well though, and Dayyalu is likely to rush for Perpetual Storm wasting all those nice archers and fliers.

Last edited:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
The mages are sacred, so unaging neuters that disadvantage. I wouldn'T take any bless with that nation anyways. Gold and more gold, and some mage support bless + unaging. Those prot 20 chariots will make for excellent expanding. Then you just have to work your mages overtime. So many dangerous crosspath and communion possibilities.

Dayyālu

Arcane
and Dayyalu is likely to rush for Perpetual Storm wasting all those nice archers and fliers.

Why on Earth should I rush a passive-aggressive Global that will put me on the shitlist of everyone (and damage a nation that's very much scale-based) when I can natively cast Storm without problems?

Sounds like a dumb choice.

Ceassidigh is a legit good choice, one of the few non-shit options the cast has. Mediocre mages (F\N crosspath is crappy, easy as fuck to shut down in most situations) but a good lab rat and a very interesting troop-line up. And some weird mages to put holes in your opponents' strategy.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Is it my turn yet? Or should I wait until Isiloon and Infinitum fight each other over a shitty nation?

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT - I'm going to swap to Caessedigh
Everything else seems shit, bar one:

CEASSIDIGH - SINOPLE BURROW

In any case, I choose

Pareldocia - Glory of the Gossamer Pact

When all your mages are berserking minotaurs, you are guaranteed to be entertained.

Gonna cast Howl... Hrrrffff. Wait for it... FUCK, what the fuck was that?! AN ARROW IN MUH KNEE?! You bastards, fuck spellcasting, I'm gonna pwn your face

Trash Player

Scholar
Consider joining

Day- Dushalpaknia
coldcrow- Eriseleis
Grim- Pareldocia
mondblut- Comhich
Muty- Zris
Infinitum- Ceassidigh
Isiloon- Qurgya
Grif- ?
KN?- ?
Me?-

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Does anyone think Qurgya is decent besides myself - they have all paths except astral + blood ... which sucks because they dont get cheap access to this without rainbow mage, but they sort of beg for an awake bless.

Resource bonus 15 from their mainstay flying caster, who is serious flying evocation mage, potentially thug.. not sacred - sad

building a bless that works for both their flying sacred warriors that also good for sirrush is difficult.

The best build i tested was actually demilich with 10 death, fear - 10 fear per sirrush after bless.
Putting fear 5 on flying guys is a lot more effective than non-flying guys...

I also got luck on them - possible to get ethereal but have to take really trash scales - with luck you can actually get good scales.

mqb4FBA.png

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Consider joining

Day- Dushalpaknia
coldcrow- Eriseleis
Grim- Pareldocia
mondblut- Comhich
Muty- Zris
Infinitum- Ceassidigh
Isiloon- Qurgya
Grif- ?
KN?- ?
Me?-

Actually, if coldcrow passes on Rithki (or however it's spelled), I want that instead :M

=

Day- Dushalpaknia
coldcrow- Eriseleis
Grim- Pareldocia
mondblut- Comhich
Muty- Zris
Infinitum- Rithki
Isiloon- Ceassidigh
Grif- ?
KN?- ?
Me?-

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Just got the mod, I'll pick within the hour.

Edit: Well most of these are shit. I was going to try Shenel, but their priests don't actually reanimate. :lol:

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I withdraw my bid to play. Most of the nations left have some combination of bad traits that don't even look fun, let alone viable. Overpriced mages(that aren't sacred), national abilities that don't work(no reanimation, or blood sacrifice with no blood mages, etc.), archer sacreds or archer heavy lineup with nations that probably want storm, resource bonus mages for nations that don't need resources, no commanders with more than 60 leadership(which is a pretty big deal now).....etc.

Good luck. :positive:

Grif

Learned
I'll take Shela because of the sole fact that they have reanimating spears that will provide lulz for the early game. Aside from that, the rest seem shit so I may as well make full use of this one trick pony.

Trash Player

Scholar
Thinking what to pick among the trash pile, I decide to take Neuges, which is pretty much a shitty version of Day's Dushalpaknia.
Rec-anywhere sacred bowmen + actually good if not broken mage + monkeys, especially monkeys.

Trash Player

Scholar
I'll take Shela because of the sole fact that they have reanimating spears that will provide lulz for the early game. Aside from that, the rest seem shit so I may as well make full use of this one trick pony.
They have turbo comm potential with pale ones + national E communion, which is likely moot with flyers and W10 elivish calvaries.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
what map are we going with - few players joined.

How many provinces per player?

mondblut

Arcane
By the way, cap-only agarthan summons are broken. Despite making a copy for these spells, the mod keeps their requirement for agarthan national site, making them unusable for everyone else.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
it just means everyone doesnt get agarthan super summons

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom