Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress DECLINE 22: Primitive Proliferation

Grif

Learned
For those of you having trouble loading the map, renaming the .map file to ValanisFixed will fix it. Do NOT rename the .tga files.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Can anyone besides Grimwulf and KN advise whether undisciplined mages can script to cast various spells like normal?

p56j9WE.png

This fucking heresy will not go unpunished, infidel

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
WTF are niggers doing on my turf again? Running away from Fomorians or what?

Did you get my PM regarding that little issue?

I was really interested in what was going to happen next turn and I showed my stepdad and explained the game, he was really keen to see events next turn as well.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
fighting back against attacking armies of my comrades is one thing, actually attacking them is crossing the red line.

Pangaea will protect. Unfortunately I can't disclose how I will protect, that information is classified - but coldcrow and mondblut know.

You've had your time to shine Machaka, now I will snuff out your light.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
fighting back against attacking armies of my comrades is one thing, actually attacking them is crossing the red line.

Pangaea will protect. Unfortunately I can't disclose how I will protect, that information is classified - but coldcrow and mondblut know.

You've had your time to shine Machaka, now I will snuff out your light.

Please do, I need to concentrate on games that are winnable.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Do me a favor and don't lubricate your anus for Grimwulf to slide in once I kill your shit, save it for me and my boys

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
did you manage to get off any globals with my gem injection in decline 20

KoolNoodles

Arcane
did you manage to get off any globals with my gem injection in decline 20

Why yes. Eternal Pyre(meh, but hey.... continuously summoning fire snakes is alright). Enough for a defensive one I don't need unless somebody attacks me. And, spoilers, some help with one this turn. :)

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
This was not the best turn to miss the deadline KoolNoodles . I totally overprepared for the battle, thought the LionSpider would get at least the fireshield up. But without Storm, swarm insects could fly and berserk the beast. I think I would have won anyways. It had no magic weapons, and my Kings had invuln. Sad that even from the very front + farcaster my druids couldn't reach it with enfeeble.

Infinitum

Scholar
..Long live the King?

In other news, an unexciting turn on the Marvernian front. Bunch of thugs fly into the western swamps. Western fort fares horribly in the ensuring storm. Werewolves siege a castle, but its adjacent to Grimwulfs army so hey, free PD by my reckoning. Berytos God wakes up and is promptly offed by minimal PD. Presumably there will be Vans charging out of my cereal tomorrow morning.

It is, however, an exciting turn for SCIENCE:

7TnquDs.jpg

Seriously, cannot into the targeting algorithms. I though they were supposed to target the largest sack of HP within range? Are resistable spells targeted at the lowest MR unit in range or something? Damnit Illwinter, why doesn't anything work as advertised? :negative:

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
coldcrow and myself had prepared a top-secret booby trap for the Myrmecoleon, using ritual ghoul attack, stealth troop attack, faery trod and reinforcements... all to cut off the Myrmecoleons' escape before the normal movement phase happens, so the Myrmecoleon would be moving into 'enemy territory' and therefore have a 50% chance of not being able to move off the throne before he got ganked by the anti-antlion squad - or running into my big stack which also was equipped/scripted to deal with Myrmecoleon.

Instead what happened - KoolNoodles staled, at 7 minutes to the turn we realized he's going to stale so Coldcrow quickly re-scripted to conserve resources... still ended up being overkill.

Myrmecoleon basically got bitten by a bumble bee, went fucking apeshit and ran into a mob of guys dressed up specifically to kill him, with no self-buffs except summon earthpower. He didnt have his side-kick Lion king to give him regeneration either, so he just died to an assortment of chaff.

his side kick Lion king, was waiting in the woods for his masters' return - instead saw a large Pangaean army emerge from a faery trod, deep-strike from Pangaea itself, combined with 50ish satyrs who were already stealthed in that province. First he tried to fight, but all his comrades got butchered, he tried to run away but was attacked by a swarm of bugs who blocked his path...

multiple attacks with 15 attack, 1 armor negating damage - is pretty nice against a guy with high protection and temper flesh. He was busy fighting the bees and mozzies until some un-blessed centaurs ran up and stabbed him to death.

At the same time, Machaka itself was overrun by a bunch of shit and is now under siege.

His squad of niggers who attacked Lanka got counter attacked by a bunch of angry demons and died...

I even sent special agent Niggakilla, to where i anticipated KN's nigger-squad would go...

Told Lanka to stop patrolling, duck and cover, in anticipation of an attack that never came - ended up blowing his load on the PD

Pangaea apologizes to the nation of Lanka and will pay some reparations for the families of the monkeys he killed out of courtesy - Niggakilla needs a new job now.
g3VTina.jpg

What a turn.

Last edited:

Infinitum

Scholar
So, thought about the targeting, did some research, searched my heart, believe I managed to work it all out:

mLm0bva.png

ILLWINTEEEEEEEER!!! :argh::argh::argh:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah, I picked a bad time to forget about this game over the weekend. Basically everything went wrong, because I did nothing. :lol:

Think that's GG, on my end at least. Sure I can call my god back and maybe recruit another bouda or two before I run out of money, but....meh. All momentum lost.

Also, do you have to say nigger so much?

I think I'll go AI. :stunned:

Dayyālu

Arcane
I think I'll go AI. :stunned:

I AM NOT GOING AI SO YOU ARE NOT GOING AI EITHER

YOU ARE HERE TO SUFFER AS I DO

So, thought about the targeting, did some research, searched my heart, believe I managed to work it all out:

You know that sperging around Dominions mechanics is a sure method to get insane or something, nothing works as advertised (even better because the manual is also a spaghetti manual made from frankestein'ed portions of the Dom3\4 manual

Probably not even the Dominions devs know anymore how everything works

In any case, have you saw what happens to the guys you give Lightless Lanterns

Stuff is brutal, don't delve too deep

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Err wrong game coldcrow ? Matalarata isn't in this one

KoolNoodles sure thing. I was hoping I could kill your stack with my Ettin for revenge glory purposes

I'll have to do a deep dive into my resources and see if I want to keep going. I just subbed into a late game mega war situation so that and Dec20 are taking up much needed brain power. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom