Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress DECLINE 22: Primitive Proliferation

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I told you how I fed you in the group chat. Difference is in the value of the word permanent.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I really don't want some long abrasive conversation. I made assumption that permanent is permanent and acted based on that. If it was an incorrect assumption, I it means I made huge strategic mistakes that were preventable and I would like to sub out.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I really don't want some long abrasive conversation. I made assumption that permanent is permanent and acted based on that. If it was an incorrect assumption, I it means I made huge strategic mistakes that were preventable and I would like to sub out.

We're just chatting about strategy here, nothing abrasive mi amigo.

I AM curious though. How many games of multiplayer Dominions have you played? What about Diplomacy? What about Civ multiplayer? What about....?

You're obviously well acquainted with Dominions because you are a decent-good-great-amazing player(it's hard to judge people, ok). I'm just genuinely surprised at your way of thinking WRT diplomacy.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Don't know, at least twenty. I had permanent alliances before and never broke them even when it was in my interest to do so.

In games like Stellaris, alliances are enforced - you can break them, but you can't go to war straight away.. it's realistic, America couldn't just nuke Japan or Germany out of the blue - their own population would revolt.

In civilization... Hard to say because games usually end so fast, it's a pretty dumb game tbh and really hard to bounce back since everyone snowballs, at different speeds and has access to the same stuff.

In this case, I refused to extend a NAP with Grimwulf because he wanted me to forsake my allies for it... Before that he asked me to dump Lanka and Fomoria and I said no. Why would I act against my own interes

Dayyālu

Arcane
This game has been a shitshow, particularly compared to Dec20 and even Dec21 (thanks Grif and Matalarata , for managing to withstand my autism and being polite at the same time, thank you).

If I can admit, Helheim has been the only halfway honourable guy in the entire game on my side. Well, that and Starspawns being gracious in victory.

Marverni and Mictlan deserve annihilation for their treacherous ways!

Both of them

BOTH OF THEM

mondblut

Arcane
What? Uh, no. This game brings the worst out of people, and the bigger one is, the worse it goes.

Besides, pans suck :lol:

Dayyālu

Arcane
mondblut do you want to sub for Pangaea

Are you legit asking for a sub?

Ok. I need to read teh thread.

If you want to drop the game

1) Don't pliz I luv you so much pliz don't what the fuck is happening

2) I can do that, Berytos is dead and the chance to get REVENGE on some people would amuse me greatly, but I don't know if it's legit

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
And pm me your email so I can send you my last 2h file so you can see what I was planning on doing

sqeecoo

Arcane
Hey, come on! No need for this subbing stuff! There's better solutions!
I don't think that the vassalage is legally binding according to the rules of the game for trade, but you could always talk with the guys as bros, not as players, and ask them to stay loyal if nothing else to prevent a misunderstanding from collapsing the game. Anyway there was no indication that anyone had any inclination to betray you.

Alternatively you could kill them off, the treacherous bastards.

No need to quit. There's ages till the next turn anyway, why not think about it for a few days?

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Thanks, I'll sleep on it.

It's very fucking unsatisfying having a non-binding vassalage... Sorry for being a drama queen, thanks for being sympathetic.

mondblut I believe you lost a bunch of sacreds to a lion king right? .

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Please turn off auto hosting.. I've already sent my turn but I need to rethink.

mondblut

Arcane
Fire shield ate the commanders, yep. They are vulnerable to fire. The grunts were just mowed down in melee.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
My flight got delayed, storms n shit. Fucking sucks.

Keep hearing announcer about flight delay

After 3 hour delay we are back in busine... Economy class
:negative:

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Maybe I should just kill my Lion and salt my lands. This all took a turn when I didn't die quickly and started messing with the delicate balance of the Triforce. I'm....so sorry.....
:evilcodex:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I won't sub out but it changes my calculus a bit and I'll have to make a point of my capabilities soon to inspire loyalty. I cant have this vagabond lion niggers feeling good stealing my moak and killing my chaff without appropriate punishment.

I mean, you've only lost like what 5 provinces to me? And killed maybe 100-200 maenads + satyrs... My army size has never actually decreased, although my intelligence network tells me that Grimwulf has started mass producing chaff at the same speed as me recently, well... Probably because I transformed 10-15 pans

One interesting fact is that I have more research compared to the naughty nations than I thought I would

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom