Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress DECLINE 22: Primitive Proliferation

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Comrades, I will be traveling March 30th until April 3rd or 4th. I'll need an extension or sub then, whichever works out. Same goes for Decline20.

Extended Decline 22 for 96 hours. Will extend further if you don't make it by then.

Gracias. Am sitting in an airport currently, and will likely have sporadic time until Wednesday. Might sneak in a turn or two if there's enough downtime. Trying to finish this turn and some work before the plane arrives. :)

sqeecoo

Arcane
Bros, I'll be away on vacation from April 14 to April 28. That's a long while, so vote time: do you want to wait, or do you want me to find a sub?

It looks like I can find good subs for all the games, although obviously I'm perfectly happy with a long pause so I get to keep the reins myself. But it's your decision, since you'd be the ones waiting for my convenience. What say you?

Infinitum

Scholar
Would prefer a sub tbh. Last turn took what, a week including the rollback? Long pauses are the bane of any PBM in my experience.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
dont mind a sub if it's temporary and they honor your diplomacy.

i will be on a long holiday as well, from 10th april to 10th may... but i will be unable to play dominions only around 10-12 april and 8-11 may when i'm on a plane.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
e75vYvg.jpg

Messengers. News of our recent victories.

Oi7j2Z5.jpg

And yet they bring me no satisfaction. My warriors emerge victorious from every battle, they conquer every province I command them to, but this war... This damned Ascension War will not be resolved by swords and battle prowess alone.

hWBajEq.jpg

I know you've been impatient to see how far I've come since the old days..
Remember when we were both at the academy, learning magic - now look at us..

We lead two opposing empires, shaping the world to our will, none can stand before us except each other

Look at him talking about learning magic at the academy.

I was learning magic. He? Wasted time on orgies and alcohol.

hWBajEq.jpg

This is a fine game we play, my friend - just like we used to play chess and move our pieces, now we play gods
Our pawns have become armies, our knights have become our greatest warriors and our queens have become other nations we have subjugated to our will
It's been a while since we've done anything to displease each other, but next month I must take action my friend. It won't hurt you I promise, but you may be scared.

Scared by what, another pathetic global spell you'll try to perform next month? What will it be this time, Gift of Health? Knowing your luck with global spells, it will be dispelled by aboleths by the end of this year.

hWBajEq.jpg

So I wanted to assure you that our commitment to peace until the time is right, is still valid - by my honor and sacred oath.
Now fly my friend, bring my word to your master and let him know that I have spoken.

Honor. What do you know about honor? Have you ever sent a declaration of war before attacking your enemy? Have you ever admitted defeat? What right do you have to claim Godhood?

This is ridiculous. What is your goal, Lebowski? What will you do if you reach Ascension? Turn this world into a giant brothel filled with whores, sex, drugs and alcohol. There is a certain irony that beast-people of Pangaea worship you. This is indeed the most fitting flock for a man like you.

I'm sure you can hear the Storm outside. It's getting more violent and unforgiving with each passing day, just like the mists of Helheim are getting thicker.

Send your harpies to Marverni, Lebowski. Witness the wrath of my Helhird. Know that one day I will come for you. And when that day comes, I will remind of you of one thing.

You have never beaten me in chess.

VAyBvtF.jpg

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
i wouldnt mind waiting - it's easter, holidays. I will be AFK from 10-11 april - will need some extensions, i'll get wifi and connect my laptop to do turns when i can but no guarantee

I'm a big meanie rawr

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Pangaea is getting closer to victory with each passing turn.

B97zaHe.jpg

However, it wasn't Pangaea who claimed the Eyes of God.

OG9limy.jpg

You've seen enough of this world, boar god of Marverni!

YeRYzw4.jpg

And this world has seen enough of you.

A black raven is flying above Marverni, Infinitum. The Hunt has begun.

irkyeaH.jpg

Infinitum

Scholar
Perhaps I will write something up later, we'll see. Settling into my hotel room. Until then, why I did see enough. Now selling scales, map and scoregraph information to interested parties. Hurry before the information gets old!

Dayyālu

Arcane
Perhaps I will write something up later, we'll see. Settling into my hotel room. Until then, why I did see enough. Now selling scales, map and scoregraph information to interested parties. Hurry before the information gets old!

The only valuable detail about Eyes of God was the costant patrol buff (if it ever worked, Dominions is as it is).

Economical data is useless, everyone knows that Pans and Helheim are leading by far with even a basic scout coverage. Wasted gems and eyes in any case. Smart lateral move if not countered, though.

Also, Mictlan should try not to send random armies to fuck up other people's peace talks just because it can. I guess if you see a free space you need to try to jam some Jaguars in it, but at this point it's borderline griefing.

KoolNoodles

Arcane

I only want to know one thing, and the information should be free. Am I in last place? :lol:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I only want to know one thing, and the information should be free. Am I in last place? :lol:

That I can give. I have a single fort and four provinces. And twenty mages left, and no SC.

I'm the last one, not dead yet though.

That sucks man. At least I can be assured that whoever besieges Machaka in the end will have to kill off a supremely buffed Pretender SC. I suspect there might be some auto-routing skeleton/phantasmal spam shenanigans.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Also, Mictlan should try not to send random armies to fuck up other people's peace talks just because it can. I guess if you see a free space you need to try to jam some Jaguars in it, but at this point it's borderline griefing.

Huh?

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Public service announcement:
Mictlan & Pangaea are in a defensive pact - attack on either is attack on all.

If Mictlan is attacked it's the same as attacking Pangaea or his other allies in the security umbrella

"frozen heart blah blah blah" - I haven't seen the turn, I take you saw my chaff group #134 with a few mages and decided that was my decisive attempt to kill you? No.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
everyone look it's Pangaea - killing third playing

B97zaHe.jpg

Can you put that shit in spoilers please, I for one like to watch the battle before seeing results.

Most of those maenads died from my own foul vapors
:prosper:

and after all that - it wasnt even a level 3 throne
:negative:

Which means... Grimwulf is the one that is closest to throne victory... send help to Marverni?

CDj9pP9.png

Lebowski will never forget the brave sacrifices of his daughters... may they sprout the tallest trees in the earth where they joined Gaia.

TzvyoUR.png

guess she got high from the poisonous fumes and thought "fuck it"

A black raven is flying above Marverni, @Infinitum

Do your vultures have storm immunity? :lol:

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I'm the last one

Mekone is still alive. Speaking of which, wtf sqeecoo? Do you find joy in torturing AI nation or what?

Can you put that shit in spoilers please, I for one like to watch the battle before seeing results.

Protip: don't open thread before looking at the turn. Hard to figure out, I know.

If Mictlan is attacked it's the same as attacking Pangaea or his other allies in the security umbrella

You know this doesn't work when you talk like Matthew McConaughey on drugs? Vassals should be called vassals. Fomoria and Lanka are vassals, and you are the liege - stop acting like a sissy girl and say it. All of you.

mondblut and coldcrow should be ashamed really. Especially now, in the light of Machaka which refused to be vassalized, fended off the attacking forces, and is now reclaiming lost lands and being a badass. Alone. While you two follow orders of the pycho god of Pangaea without second thought.

Shame.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom