Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress DECLINE 22: Primitive Proliferation

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Pretty good result from transformation.... I had 2 turn into godzilla mutants with feebleminded and one died... and about 10 successful transformations overall - for a shekel saving of (2600/12) per turn

Qm8BQbo.png

What should he wear

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Wow Grimwulf, calm down.

I've never snuck a throne victory and I don't intend to here either, it's not satisfying at all. If I was going for a throne victory, why would I be engaged in wars I don't need to be in, for most of the game - I would just build up like you were.

Actually you "not going west" is quite funny because I could have just as said I wouldn't go east, I certainly had the capability to do it. We agreed to those borders because they were tidy, here you are saying you were being merciful or some shit.

My allies or as you call vassals, thrones belong to them. I've never said to them that I intend to take them and I never intended to - not sure why you would assume I did except through personal projection

I will grab the titan's throne - whatever that is, but I'm not building a bunch of guys with smashers just to kill the monolith until maybe another 30 turns if the game goes that long. I'm more interested in preparing for turn 45. Yes I see that Mictlan has that throne, I guess that's okay because I have blood magic too and it would certainly create more balance between the remaining players.

So in short.

1. I'm not going to stop the war on Machaka, the train is moving and we will consume him one way or another. I'm sure his Myrmecoleon will kill another 500 guys, but who cares - our armies shake the earth and we are legion
  2. I'm not going to relinquish my political deals, diplomacy is part of the game. I played my cards and got 2 allies, doesn't help me with a throne victory

Also funny hearing you complain about Rlyeh because you created that situation, with your global "fuck everybody except Rlyeh" spell

Last edited:

Grif

Learned
Awww, thinking that I almost melted the entire main army of Marverni with two shitty Melqarts (seriously, F2B3 TWICE) and a bunch of militia. It saddens me.

The hilarity was heightened by Marverni's infantry killing themselves in their hundreds against Fire Shield.

Also, Starspawns, when you teleport drop two MindLords you try not to let them to be killed by a bunch of PD and random indies.

Definitely. I am eternally ashamed by that. :M

Then again, I probably dodged a bullet there, because Helheim has now made clear his stance as well.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Edit: Also, hopefully no extension on this turn....I'd like to do the next one before I leave. :M

Maybe I'll add just a few hours. Trying to finish my turn on work, and my work is distracting as fuck.

Also, can anybody explain what's up with this game and werewolves?

vwxQR6b.jpg

SGC05KB.jpg

baMCXk6.jpg

Farkin' hell. All those reports are taken from this turn. Werewolves upon werewolves upon werewolves.

mondblut

Arcane
Throne of beasts maybe?

These fucking werewolves (with a little help of NiggerLionSpider) crippled my expansion. No mercy to the furries!

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Coldcrow suggested a new game in PM.. was thinking we could use the HOMM3 nation's mods? Maybe HoMM3 meets Warhammer ... Decline or incline?

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Ah yes I remember the last one where you gang banged me with Anhur and then he won the game

:argh:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
This was my inspiration this turn. Good music to script fighting back against The Man(too bad Man isn't in this game).

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
good it wasn't 1/2 of my nature gem income, I suppose I need to make more effort to keel you now.

Also amused you are only fighting myself and Fomoria, while Helheim has grabbed what, 10 provinces now and 3 castles, without contest?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
good it wasn't 1/2 of my nature gem income, I suppose I need to make more effort to keel you now.

Also amused you are only fighting myself and Fomoria, while Helheim has grabbed what, 10 provinces now and 3 castles, without contest?

12 + whatever else I can't see underwater. :positive:

And yeah, that's what happens when at war against three people (I still consider Lanka my enemy, because they are still your vassal/attacked me earlier) starts on one side, and then somebody else joins in on your other flank. I didn't have enough over there to bother defending it very much once I saw how much Helheim was throwing into the mix. I still killed some Vans for you, which admittedly is not much.

Infinitum

Scholar
Epasnactus shivered in the bitter wind and drew his cloak closer about him, his small, wizened frame leaning on the tower rampart as he caught his breath from the climb. Beneath him, the walls of the great fortress of Marverni rose from an equally steep cliffside, that in turn jutting like a great tooth from the grey waters of Underhome. Tonight, the fruits of years of magical research would come to its conclusion, and he would never be truly alone again. But today he craved solitude. Solitude, and to look one last time at the rapidly changing world around him with eyes he would still be able to call his own.

Another frigid gust hit him eliciting a fit of dry coughing and a hushed tirade of profanity. Winter had always been harsh, yet with the dissappearance of the old pantokrator and the imminent arrival of He-who-would-slake-the-thirst the cold had undoubtedly become more severe, and had steadily become longer as well. Straightening to his full length and gazing northeast across the rampart, Epasnactus could barely make out the wall of ice spanning the straits of S'catli. Once, the straits were passable by ship throughout the seasons, whereas now they only flowed in summer; and belatedly at that. Yet even as the earth slowly cooled to provide Him-that-enlivens-the-tongue-and-strengthens-the-spirit a temperature worth being served at, its bounty had increased as well. The older druids grumbled at the unnatural affairs of things, yet even they couldn't deny that the tribes lot in life had improved substantially for the past years. Fattened cattle were even now grazing among the snowdrifts, the sacred boars once again prowled Carnutes and filled larders supported an ever larger host of young warriors.

Swinging his gaze back west, Epasnactus flinched, then squinted his eyes. A small speck danced about the waves, now slowly rising toward the fortress proper. Cursing his rheumy old eyes, he proceeded to open his third one through the astral.

A raven. He frowned. Where had it come from? There were only a scattering of small islets across the bay to Helheim, and Ravens typically found their diet of carrion and assorted odds and ends in the forests inland. Something wasn't right; instincts gained from a youth spent studying the stars and honed from another lifetime of living among the living earth flared. As the bird finally ascended the height of natural cliffs and almost drew level with the fortress walls, Epasnactus continued to study it using his Astral senses. Then he reached out with them.

The Raven neither jerked nor called out. One moment it lifted its wings for another beat, the other its prone form was tumbling and falling through the air and towards the surf below. Then it was gone. Epasnactus returned to contemplating the still rising sun. Suddenly, an old saying suddenly came unbidden to the forefront of the old druid's mind:

And that's just what you need, right? Someone who can occupy Helheim while you are stealing a victory. Someone who can occupy the only nation capable of stopping you. That will not happen. I don't believe there is anyone stupid enough to buy your shit.

But then he shrugged again; surely the decline of the world had not progressed so far, so quickly? Maybe he really was going senile. He slowly returned towards the tower stairway, eager to get some warmth back into his bones and food in his belly. There was still the matter of the ritual to attend to. Soon, it would be complete.

And He would be watching.

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Damn that shit's inspiring - hold on to my keyboard I'm going to write something up as well.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Larping in muh dominions :negative:

I'd be impressed if the fucker didn't break a NAP and an alliance he himself proposed at the first chance.

Seeing him go eaten by Grimwulf (who's the most focused on keeping "positive" diplo as a force multiplier) seems fitting. There's irony in the world of Dominions, I guess.

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
- Karya the blessed lover of Patraios
kab2m2r.png

Greetings lord Briareus, I have acquired the last nature gem ready for the assault next month as you had asked.

- Lord Briareus, chosen prophet of his majesty Lebowski
500px-Rage_of_the_Minotaurs.jpg

His majesties' blessing upon you Karya, excellent work. How are the forces doing?

2A35Pcx.png

The Pans have gathered a flock of Maenads about 300 strong, all ready to join the earth for Pangaea. Though I dare not question his majesties' command - do we need this much force to achieve our objective?
Surely even your strength alone would be enough, the strength of servitude to his majesty is exemplified in none better than yourself my lord.

Fir461N.png

oOJNJnb.png

You're quite the charmer Karya... this takes me back to that night under the moo -

2A35Pcx.png

- Briareus please, lets not speak of that again. You have chosen your path, the path of kings and gods - I have chosen mine, betrothed loyally to Petraios

oOJNJnb.png

Your virtue was always one to be admired, back to business - speaking of Petty, where is he?
His majesty Lebowski tasked me to inspect the centaur forces prior to the assault. Be kind and please fetch him to me.

2A35Pcx.png

yes my lord

----- some time later ----

-
Petraios, the blessed lover of Karya
voOxpK3.png

- My lord, you summoned me. How may I serve you

oOJNJnb.png

Have the flocked the centaurs and prepared them for battle, his majesty Lebowski was most embarrassed by the loss of
10 centaurs to the Lankans - he will not forgive another incident like this next time.

09XukGD.png

My lord, those centaurs were too busy drinking and eating magic mushrooms the night before. I have made sure, this time
myself and my captains ensured the centaurs were not allowed to "preemptively celebrate". They've been complaining of
worn hooves and mosquitoes, but its good for them to remember what it means to be a warrior - less they become fat like trolls.

I'm more impressed by the large number of them - nobody questions his majesty Lebowski, but in the past we have conquered all
our adversaries with just a handful of centaurs - is a hundred of them really necessary? Are we fighting the devil himself?

oOJNJnb.png

I was told explicitly by his majesty Lebowski, not to speak of who we are attacking - he says we are being watched.

09XukGD.png

Watched? By whom? We have patrols in every square inch of land from all around the earth

oOJNJnb.png

Our greatest threat does not rely on small children, or forest rangers - his majesty Lebowski told me the ravens watch us.
In fact - there's one right there, perched on the tree behind you.

images

- KARR KARRR

09XukGD.png

I have a solution for unwanted eyes my lord.
throws javelin*

1amDFBU.png

oOJNJnb.png

I can see why you won the javelin throw tournament last year Petty, but this is a matter of kings and gods - not ravens and javelins.
His majesty Lebowski explicitly said not to speak of the plans except with him in an approved environment, where unwanted eyes and ears were absent.

Now then.. back to the centaurs.. Excellent work - I shall perform the final inspection now, with the turn of the new month - we shall begin the assault.

300px-Centaurs_concept_art.jpg

Attention! Lord Briareus is present!!!

*chorus of voices*

LORD BRIAREUS, WE ARE READY TO JOIN THE EARTH FOR PANGAEA

oOJNJnb.png

Great warriors of Pangaea!

By the power of his majesty, I bestow upon you Pangaea's blessing so that we may obliterate our enemies in the coming battle.

300px-Centaurs_concept_art.jpg

*chorus of voices*

PANGAEA - HOO-HURRAH!
PANGAEA - HOO-HURRAH!

--- far away in an unknown location ---

His majesty Lebowski, god of Pangaea
KJ1BhNk.png

- I know you're there, old friend, come to me

images

- KARR KARRR KARR

Flies down to sit on Lebowski's hand

KJ1BhNk.png

I know you've been impatient to see how far I've come since the old days..
Remember when we were both at the academy, learning magic - now look at us..

We lead two opposing empires, shaping the world to our will, none can stand before us except each other

This is a fine game we play, my friend - just like we used to play chess and move our pieces, now we play gods
Our pawns have become armies, our knights have become our greatest warriors and our queens have become other nations we have subjugated to our will

It's been a while since we've done anything to displease each other, but next month I must take action my friend. It won't hurt you I promise, but you may be scared.

So I wanted to assure you that our commitment to peace until the time is right, is still valid - by my honor and sacred oath.

Now fly my friend, bring my word to your master and let him know that I have spoken.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom