Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress DECLINE 22: Primitive Proliferation

sqeecoo

Arcane
What is going on pls? We Micltlanese peoples remain primitive savages confined to our island, desperately rebuking multiple colonization attempts.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
This is such BS tbh. I wanted some disputed indie province, and in my initial diplo I was quite assertive, but never threatened anything besides taking that province. After we got what we wanted (I had some mishaps and Pan really isn't starved for space.), we signed a NAP, with some turns notice in case of cancelling. Yet he takes one line of initial diplo ("I'll take this province no matter what" or sth.) as casus belli and breaks the NAP without prior notice. I wouldn't trust Pan more than I could throw a Minotaur.

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
in my initial diplo I was quite assertive, but never threatened anything

basically refused my first 3 offers for a NaP = -30 relationship points

refused to offer me anything and deliberately cut me off from expansion by jumping across the sea = -60 relationship points

" you are big enough so I won't offer anything " = -50 relationship points

" I'm not being aggressive I just have shit diplomacy skills " = -30 relationship points

" claims indie provinces I could have taken earlier and threatens war (taking them from me) " = -40 relationship points

Pan relationship = -210 (hostile)
:kingcomrade:

meanwhile every other neighbour .... "do you want a NaP and split territory? - yea sure"

It wasn't until you saw the extent of my territory and I detailed my capabilities that you agreed to a NaP, but by then I had determined that you were a threat and were going to attack me anytime, so may as well attack first - in self defence.

I've not behaved aggressively to anyone else who has not done anything aggressive or compromising to my position. In fact I've been very tolerant by accepting Rlyeh having sea provinces next to my cap, whereas KoolNoodles would not accept this... despite us having a deal! I just looked past it because I'm a friendly and tolerant force for good

Last edited:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I just looked past it because I'm a friendly and tolerant force for good

:lol:

Edit: 2 of the 3 claims are ridiculous, as I had not even seen you when I landed at the northern enclave. Cut you off from expanding to those all THREE provinces on the peninsula. Not immediately agreeing to a NAP is apparently a hostile action now.

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Please stop being negative coldcrow - I had to defend myself against your hostility

You didn't see me because you had no scouts and I chose not to brag - because I am a friendly and tolerant force for good

I'm regretful that you feel my claims are ridiculous, but they are unfortunately true and therefore still valid.

Choosing a policy of containment against me is additional hostility that I forgot to add to my list

I wanted disputed indie province, and in my initial diplo I was quite assertive, but never threatened anything besides taking those provinces. After we (I) got what we (I) wanted (I had some mishaps and Pan really isn't starved for space.)

I wouldn't trust Pan more than I could throw a Minotaur. (Technically Fomorian giant could throw a minotaur so this statement is invalid)

I want to highlight your own words as confirming events as I've described

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Isiloon, in this game at least, has broken two NAPs without notice, turned on an ally mid-war, berated said ally for "not doing enough" while doing....nothing, it seems. My scouts might not be harpies, but they see enough. :lol:

Yeah, I wouldn't trust Pangaea with any deal.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Research is coming along nicely, it's time to go all Wakanda on your asses.

792tMyv.jpg

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Isiloon, in this game at least, has broken two NAPs without notice

I think my NaP with coldcrow was questionable as I had explained above...

However with you I clearly said "then our NaP is void"
CCFTxy5.png

The fact that you wrote me a long essay afterwards telling me how everyone is against me and you're my only hope of salvation doesn't mean that I did not give you notice our NaP was broken.
:incline:

turned on an ally mid-war, berated said ally for "not doing enough" while doing....nothing

So, for others' information - we agreed in advance what turn we would strike and you had ample time to prepare - on the first turn of the attack I hit and took about 6 provinces at once, sieged two castles... Rlyeh took maybe 2-3 provinces - you took .. ONE province and THEN what happened...

7L3tXm2.png

"Guys I'm not really sure I can fight Fomoria when he has storm and thunder"

Lgm9wRv.png

"Don't worry, he's just trying to intimidate you"

7L3tXm2.png

"It's working :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:"

7L3tXm2.png

"Don't worry guiz - I'm going to play diplo!! :retarded:"

Fuck that nigga, I'd rather have Coldcrow who's not a bitch and would fight to the death than some flake trying to worm his way into one-upping his allies

iLhuacP.png

turned on an ally mid-war
Actually you broke the deal we had so I formally ended our NaP, the war against Fomoria ended about the same time, now it's a war against Machaka. :D

My scouts might not be harpies, but they see enough. :lol:
You clearly missed the damage that I inflicted on him then, because coldcrow definitely didn't.

Yeah, I wouldn't trust Pangaea with any deal.
I think based on all the other falsehoods you've put out that you've been disproven, my other neighbors have had a very different experience with me where I've been very honest and reasonable about everything.

However - our mammalian noses are extremely sensitive and can smell pheromones of aggression, it's best to nip that in the bud as they say.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
For the record, I took two provinces, and said I wasn't wasting time on raiding. :lol: Of course I'm not going to do anything stupid like throw my army at a bunch of orb lightning guys in the middle of a storm(which I found out after fighting him and looking at army composition, obviously), just for the sake of "doing something". That would be just about the dumbest tactical mistake I could make.

Now that I have lightning resist, things are different. But you couldn't wait three turns I guess.

It's fine though, water under the bridge. For everyone else, Pangaea is still huge and insufferable. :smug:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
The only thing under the bridge m8 is your trolling and futile attempts at self preservation through a well lubricated dialogue.

I'm not going to wait 3 turns with ambiguous

"maybe I'll attack - maybe I'll turn around and fuck you in the ass, lets see how I feel about it"

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Yea at least its not a year 1 free capital for Grimmy... as much despite the territory I have, there's not much 10k+ pop provinces...

I just happened to find 3-4 gold mines.
:positive:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Very fat minotaur... should I give him gate cleaver for thematic purposes...

EwB0dWQ.png

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Why do you need an extension you're just AFK in your castle while Fomoria is killing you anyway
:positive:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom