Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

Discussion in 'MP Gaming' started by Dayyālu, Nov 27, 2017.

?

What era we play in?

1. MA

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. EA

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. LA

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Kingcomrade

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  1. KoolNoodlesgender: ⚧ Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Maybe something like this will have to do. Forever Twilight. :negative:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  2. Infinitumgender: ⚧ Educated

Infinitum
    Parrots:
    That's pretty good actually; reminds me of bright summer nights. Care to share?

^ Top  
  3. KoolNoodlesgender: ⚧ Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Parrots:
    Sure, here's normal/winter. Winter might be a shade different, didn't do all the stuff with exposure/saturation.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1P1dFZ0rBrxNSTME6QGOwl_6KpWNIILZo Kill it with fire.

Edit: Like so
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Infinitumgender: ⚧ Educated

Infinitum
    Parrots:
    Cool, thanks! Do I just replace the original files in the map folder or will that fuck up the savefiles somehow?

^ Top  
  5. KoolNoodlesgender: ⚧ Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Parrots:
    So, I'd copy your original files and save them somewhere, but all you have to do is replace the files. Doesn't affect saves or anything. That said, I think I fucked something up with one of the layers. Seems to have messed the map up for creating a new game. Shouldn't affect the current game, as it is already set up. It's just an image.

Edit: Yeah, one of the layers owned the pixels that identify the provinces. WHOOPS.

Edit2: I need more coffee, might be a bit for a fix.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    ^ Top  
  6. Infinitumgender: ⚧ Educated

Infinitum
    Parrots:
    So.. I guess don't replace anything until it's fixed then? Unforseen Consequences and all that (albeit I guess that actual map data is in the save itself).

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Dayyālugender: ⚧ Arcane

Dayyālu
    Parrots:
    I do think you can change the colour that identifies provinces now.

Would have saved the Ending Times game.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Matalaratagender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Matalarata
    Parrots:
    Gentlemen, in an hour we'll have two stales, if I'm not mistaken due to my drunken stupor impeding a correct calculation of GMT time...

Should we postpone?

^ Top  
  9. Chef_Hathawaygender: ⚧ King of the Juice Patron White Knight

Chef_Hathaway
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
  10. sqeecoogender: ⚧ Arcane

sqeecoo
    Parrots:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Dayyālugender: ⚧ Arcane

Dayyālu
    Parrots:
    I got the password and if I get sleepy or drunk people stale.

Extensions will be granted on a per-request basis.If you ask for it good, through Steam, here or through psychic messaging, if not yer gonna stale.

I want the game to end and the Apocalypse to come. Don't take it personally, random extensions kill games.

Now back to play games with a peculiar amount of giant pixel titties. What kind of mental derangement the Piratez devs have, i ask....

Extras for whoever cares:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have scary black men in my backyard. Who's gonna protect the fragile, innocent Scelerian maidens I wonder....

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 3:44 AM
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Make America Great Again Isiloongender: ⚧ Arcane

Isiloon
    Parrots:
    Agesilaus

Well my dominion is 9 inches long and I have a collection of samurai swords and a black belt in nunchuk-do

and my dad is a Russian KGB general

:avatard:

• Rage Rage x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. KoolNoodlesgender: ⚧ Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Parrots:
    Did not know that, thanks. I'll have to fiddle with it. Both photo filter and some sharpening murder those cartography maps. Seems fine for a game in progress, but not when creating a new one.

^ Top  
  14. sqeecoogender: ⚧ Arcane

sqeecoo
    Parrots:
    Two stales in a row? What is this monkey business? Berekän, don't be a cheeky monkey and stop monkeying around.

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. KoolNoodlesgender: ⚧ Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Parrots:
    Terrible turn, just terrible. Time to start staling.

[​IMG]

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Matalaratagender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Matalarata
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

:philosoraptor:

^ Top  
  17. Berekängender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Berekän
    Parrots:
    You scared me there for a second :argh:

^ Top  
  18. sqeecoogender: ⚧ Arcane

sqeecoo
    Parrots:
    Sorry, Dayyalu has heroically created the least clear list of players and nations I have ever seen. Super confusing to the eyes.

And my turn was worse than yours, KoolNoodles :(

^ Top  
  19. Dayyālugender: ⚧ Arcane

Dayyālu
    Parrots:
    Hey, I lost a battle. Against Lion Tribe. I'm still wondering how, considering I lost like 10 mercs and there were like 6 archers and a commander left for the Indies, but I guess morale failures don't count that, nay?

I'll have REVENGE

HEY

And raw , FFS. You don't sign up and start chainstaling immediately. Poor etiquette.

^ Top  
  20. Mutygender: ⚧ Liturgist Patron

Muty
    Parrots:
    Wasteland 2 BattleTech
    and to think that I could've played bandar log instead of those fucking molluscs
    :negative:

^ Top  
  21. KoolNoodlesgender: ⚧ Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Parrots:
    Not only did I suffer a tactical defeat this early, but it was so lopsided that it called into question my understanding of how the game works with the new combat system and my entire strategy for this game. Oh, and -100% tax event on my cap. Was it that bad? :lol:

Show Spoiler
    Some exaggeration, but it was baaaddd.

^ Top  
  22. sqeecoogender: ⚧ Arcane

sqeecoo
    Parrots:
    Well, not THAT bad :)

What happened, if it's not too much of a spoiler?

^ Top  
  23. KoolNoodlesgender: ⚧ Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Parrots:
    Let's just say a couple guarded commanders were still sniped by flyers behind the front and pretty well(it's Mictlan!) blessed Jags routed into a massacre while killing almost nothing. Beware the new flyer targeting, the old positioning tactics do not seem to help. :negative:

^ Top  
  24. Matalaratagender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Matalarata
    Parrots:
    Yep, I can confirm that. Flyers (and cavalry, to a lesser extent) are much better when scripted to attack rear. Wasn't there a morale check involved in that? Because now even unsupported low morale flyers consistently mess up mage scripting, so much that I had to develop some unconventional formations to counter it. This is worsened by the new limitations to the guard commander script btw.

My personal advice for those using squishy commanders during expansion is, avoid provinces with flyers untill you have enough troops to form two lines. Then deploy the usual front and another double line, set to hold, positioned behind commanders and mages. This is usually enough but as Pythium I sometimes had a huge ass communion to guard, in some fights I had to use boxes to guard the flanks too. This also means you'll need a decent commander, an indy won't cut it unless we're talking minimal flyers presence.

edit: for added fun, try scripting orb lightning while fighting flyers :lol:

^ Top  
  25. KoolNoodlesgender: ⚧ Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Parrots:
    I did test a little, some of this stuff, but was still surprised. I think targeting is just more chaotic throughout battle. Like squads make more targeting checks now instead of "sticking" to a target? I've seen squads flank rear, then peel off. Also the barbarian "trick" is probably gone thankfully, but already knew that. Also, either precision needs a rework or archers targeting moving targets does(or maybe it is per design, don't know).

Orb lightning is awesome.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)