Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

What era we play in?

• MA

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • EA

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • LA

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Maybe something like this will have to do. Forever Twilight. :negative:
zUAENWT.jpg

Infinitum

Scholar
That's pretty good actually; reminds me of bright summer nights. Care to share?

Infinitum

Scholar
Cool, thanks! Do I just replace the original files in the map folder or will that fuck up the savefiles somehow?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Cool, thanks! Do I just replace the original files in the map folder or will that fuck up the savefiles somehow?

So, I'd copy your original files and save them somewhere, but all you have to do is replace the files. Doesn't affect saves or anything. That said, I think I fucked something up with one of the layers. Seems to have messed the map up for creating a new game. Shouldn't affect the current game, as it is already set up. It's just an image.

Edit: Yeah, one of the layers owned the pixels that identify the provinces. WHOOPS.

Edit2: I need more coffee, might be a bit for a fix.

Last edited:

Infinitum

Scholar
So.. I guess don't replace anything until it's fixed then? Unforseen Consequences and all that (albeit I guess that actual map data is in the save itself).

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Gentlemen, in an hour we'll have two stales, if I'm not mistaken due to my drunken stupor impeding a correct calculation of GMT time...

Should we postpone?

Dayyālu

Arcane
I got the password and if I get sleepy or drunk people stale.

Extensions will be granted on a per-request basis.If you ask for it good, through Steam, here or through psychic messaging, if not yer gonna stale.

I want the game to end and the Apocalypse to come. Don't take it personally, random extensions kill games.

Now back to play games with a peculiar amount of giant pixel titties. What kind of mental derangement the Piratez devs have, i ask....

Extras for whoever cares:

byrFf7i.jpg

E3NMOy1.jpg

I have scary black men in my backyard. Who's gonna protect the fragile, innocent Scelerian maidens I wonder....

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Agesilaus

Well my dominion is 9 inches long and I have a collection of samurai swords and a black belt in nunchuk-do

and my dad is a Russian KGB general

:avatard:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I do think you can change the colour that identifies provinces now.

Would have saved the Ending Times game.

Did not know that, thanks. I'll have to fiddle with it. Both photo filter and some sharpening murder those cartography maps. Seems fine for a game in progress, but not when creating a new one.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Sorry, Dayyalu has heroically created the least clear list of players and nations I have ever seen. Super confusing to the eyes.

And my turn was worse than yours, KoolNoodles :(

Dayyālu

Arcane
Hey, I lost a battle. Against Lion Tribe. I'm still wondering how, considering I lost like 10 mercs and there were like 6 archers and a commander left for the Indies, but I guess morale failures don't count that, nay?

I'll have REVENGE

Sorry, Dayyalu has heroically created the least clear list of players and nations I have ever seen. Super confusing to the eyes.

HEY

And raw , FFS. You don't sign up and start chainstaling immediately. Poor etiquette.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
and to think that I could've played bandar log instead of those fucking molluscs
:negative:

KoolNoodles

Arcane

And my turn was worse than yours, KoolNoodles :(

Not only did I suffer a tactical defeat this early, but it was so lopsided that it called into question my understanding of how the game works with the new combat system and my entire strategy for this game. Oh, and -100% tax event on my cap. Was it that bad? :lol:

Some exaggeration, but it was baaaddd.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Well, not THAT bad :)

What happened, if it's not too much of a spoiler?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Well, not THAT bad :)

What happened, if it's not too much of a spoiler?

Let's just say a couple guarded commanders were still sniped by flyers behind the front and pretty well(it's Mictlan!) blessed Jags routed into a massacre while killing almost nothing. Beware the new flyer targeting, the old positioning tactics do not seem to help. :negative:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Yep, I can confirm that. Flyers (and cavalry, to a lesser extent) are much better when scripted to attack rear. Wasn't there a morale check involved in that? Because now even unsupported low morale flyers consistently mess up mage scripting, so much that I had to develop some unconventional formations to counter it. This is worsened by the new limitations to the guard commander script btw.

My personal advice for those using squishy commanders during expansion is, avoid provinces with flyers untill you have enough troops to form two lines. Then deploy the usual front and another double line, set to hold, positioned behind commanders and mages. This is usually enough but as Pythium I sometimes had a huge ass communion to guard, in some fights I had to use boxes to guard the flanks too. This also means you'll need a decent commander, an indy won't cut it unless we're talking minimal flyers presence.

edit: for added fun, try scripting orb lightning while fighting flyers :lol:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I did test a little, some of this stuff, but was still surprised. I think targeting is just more chaotic throughout battle. Like squads make more targeting checks now instead of "sticking" to a target? I've seen squads flank rear, then peel off. Also the barbarian "trick" is probably gone thankfully, but already knew that. Also, either precision needs a rework or archers targeting moving targets does(or maybe it is per design, don't know).

Orb lightning is awesome.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom