Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

What era we play in?

• MA

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • EA

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • LA

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

mondblut

Arcane
Oh, and Ys knights under defense/reinvig bless are absolutely ludicrous.

9zUYNMG.png

Coming soon to a province near you ;)

Dayyālu

Arcane
All Cavalry units got a buff with the new mechanics, and Ys cavalry was already ludicrous in stock Dom4.

I see nothing particularly impressive, bar that MA Atlantis spawned near you many laughs are expected.

Seriously MA ATLANTIS?

sqeecoo

Arcane
What are the cavalry buffs beyond the reduced defense loss from enemy attacks? I mean, that's a pretty nice buff too.

Incidentally, here's a nice depiction of Ysian cavalry with defensive bless fighting against Ulmish earth mages:

Mud.jpg

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
All Cavalry units got a buff with the new mechanics, and Ys cavalry was already ludicrous in stock Dom4.

I see nothing particularly impressive, bar that MA Atlantis spawned near you many laughs are expected.

Seriously MA ATLANTIS?
:0-13:

Dayyālu

Arcane
What are the cavalry buffs beyond the reduced defense loss from enemy attacks? I mean, that's a pretty nice buff too.

Most Cavalry got reduced price and the new RT mechanics help them to get a higher kill-count. Plus, I don't know why, they seem to perform far better at flanking now that their movement is smoother.

The problem of MA Atlantis has for long eras plagued my mind. The solution I've find is peculiar: MA Atlantis should ignore the vast majority of its UW recruits.

Coastal forts is where it's at. Spam Seers and focus completely on Elemental and Magical spam. Tramplers can be used to expand or in an emergency, but everything else is chaff. The only worthwile recruits are Militia and Reef Dwellers. Priests are sometimes useful, and Kings of the Deep are kinda killy when you reach enough research and have an economy to support them.
Nonetheless, the basics of a somewhat viable MA Atlantis are to spam Coastal forts and pray no one finds you too dangerous until you have everything on line (Elementals, Evocation spam, a critical number of mages and enough chaff).

In this particular game, both Starspawns and Ys could probably walk on MA Atlantis' cap without opposition, if you didn't pick an awake Combat SC (and you SHOULD, MA Atlantis expansion is anemic as it is and its earlygame defenses laughable).

sqeecoo

Arcane
Dunno man, the lobsters still give me nightmares. MA Atlantis should focus on conquering the sea and staying far, far away from any extremely helpful and nice land nations.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Thanks for the tips. The reason I chose atlantis was just that I spend 3 hours preparing a testing a R'yleh pretender which I didn't realise is taken until I submitted him.... So after that I just chose a random free uw nation and submitted.

P.S. I'm ded

Lizzurd

Cipher
The problem of MA Atlantis has for long eras plagued my mind.
The memories of my double war against you in Decline2 still warm my mind :smug:

EDIT: Holy fuck I can edit the messages of other people

fuck it's awesome

Hey hey, who is it here?

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
The memories of my double war against you in Decline2 still warm my mind :smug:

Your memories need revisions.

EA Atlantis. EA Atlantis works.

Dunno man, the lobsters still give me nightmares. MA Atlantis should focus on conquering the sea and staying far, far away from any extremely helpful and nice land nations.

Lobsters are useful in early expansion and that's it. They are very very bad for a number of reasons: stupid, no automatic new rider, and they consume themselves incredibly fast for 50 bucks units. The problem of MA Atlantis is that you can choose to stay in the sea and get killed by everyone and everything else or try your hand on land and get an half-working nation with a nice selection of UW assets. MA Atlantis needs even indie mages like the water it breaths.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Wat

It's turn 2

Hey, I'm literally working with nothing here. I have been nerfed to the ground and I only have my cute half-dead vestals to keep me company.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
cute half-dead vestals

My vestals aren't even half-dead. They have absolutely nothing cool. They have been explicitly selected as sacred warriors to deter their use in a normal army, they're just mascots. Cheerleaders.

Ultimately Pythium is a manly kingdom for manly men, no waifu for us. And our proud national coat is pink. Pink

Y'all know what it means...

4549794-3x2-940x627.jpg

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
cute half-dead vestals

My vestals aren't even half-dead. They have absolutely nothing cool. They have been explicitly selected as sacred warriors to deter their use in a normal army, they're just mascots. Cheerleaders.

Ultimately Pythium is a manly kingdom for manly men, no waifu for us. And our proud national coat is pink. Pink

Y'all know what it means...

4549794-3x2-940x627.jpg
:codexisfor:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Hey guise, I'm getting an error message on my revised 2h file for this turn - "valid 2h file not found" - despite several tries and making sure the 2h file is actually attached. It's a minor revision that really shouldn't cause any problems (just adjusting my merc bid).
I don't really mind if the original 2h file I sent earlier goes through, but I'd like to resolve the problem. I've written to llamaserver as instructed in the error message, so hopefully it should be resolved soon. Should we get a pause/extension in the meantime?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Tried to sharpen things up in ye olde photoshop and add some contrast/shadow layers. Mehhhhh. There are several filters that work alright with dominion borders, but kinda changes the whole tone of the map. Washed out look of the original maybe even is best with how the province borders are drawn.

OG

GLXY6Sz.jpg

Test

t2VXPw8.jpg

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Hey guise, I'm getting an error message on my revised 2h file for this turn - "valid 2h file not found" - despite several tries and making sure the 2h file is actually attached. It's a minor revision that really shouldn't cause any problems (just adjusting my merc bid).
I don't really mind if the original 2h file I sent earlier goes through, but I'd like to resolve the problem. I've written to llamaserver as instructed in the error message, so hopefully it should be resolved soon. Should we get a pause/extension in the meantime?

Just cancel your bid so I get them. :M

sqeecoo

Arcane
I lowered the bid :P

Apparently there was a minor dom5 patch that hadn't been incorporated in llamaserver, all resolved now.

Tried to sharpen things up in ye olde photoshop and add some contrast/shadow layers. Mehhhhh. There are several filters that work alright with dominion borders, but kinda changes the whole tone of the map. Washed out look of the original maybe even is best with how the province borders are drawn.
Isn't that the point?!
kLSB7HH.png

:yeah:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah I know, just wasn't thrilled with having to look at some of my awful creations. I'll have to spend a bit more time on it. :positive:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not quite ready for this lot, though:

Agesilaus - I have enhanced, zoomed, reflected off the bonnet from 150m away used satellite triangulation technology to determine your IP address.

Now I'm going to build a GUI in visual basic and fuk u up m8

aq4EQX8.jpg

You can't escape
portrait-young-nerd-18637647.jpg

Don't make me laugh; if you set foot within 20 provinces of that Throne I will have my little horse-head warrior stomp your head into the ground until it bursts.

I have dominion 12 and am building multiple temples. My army is filled with eager chads just waiting to fight. You brought this on yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom