Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

What era we play in?

• MA

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • EA

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • LA

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

Dayyālu

Arcane
I will provide tomorrow both for this and Dec22.

Sadly, work and long sessions of data recovery don't mesh well together. I am no longer 18, I don't have all day for computer shenanigans.

And I'm not paying a tech for crap I can do by myself (and I'll be blunt, I am far more skilled than any Italian repair monkey despite being a lazy ignoramus. yeah, it's that bad.)

Dayyālu

Arcane
oUChHTo.jpg

Siiigh.

Matalarata
mondblut
KoolNoodles

I can end the game this turn. It was my intention to secure the last 3-points Throne and I dunnow, leave it to Ys or something (the plan was to let Ys take it seriously 60 watchers aren't that bad I should show you the battle I lost like 300 skellies and that's it).

Do you want to keep playing this or I can end the game? I am asking honestly and wholeheartedly. Cataclysm is next turn, and that means (a thing I didn't know when I started the game) costant Astral Corruption.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Eh, I'm just goofin' around, really. I clearly have no shots at winning this game, I briefly considered the idea (it was actually suggested to me) to cast The Kindly Ones, just for a friendly "...and fuck you too" to KoolNoodles but apart from that, there's little I can do. As far as I'm concerned you can rightfully end this :salute:

Or we could just dick around, schedule some matches, try some interesting script with Time Stop...

mondblut

Arcane
oUChHTo.jpg

Siiigh.

Matalarata
mondblut
KoolNoodles

I can end the game this turn.

Are you kidding me? Who cried the loudest that he wants to see the cataclysm in action?

It was my intention to secure the last 3-points Throne and I dunnow, leave it to Ys or something (the plan was to let Ys take it seriously 60 watchers aren't that bad I should show you the battle I lost like 300 skellies and that's it).

Leave. Those. Watchers. Alone.

They are there for a reason.

Kids these days, no brain for a long-term strategy... *sigh*

AC next turn already? WTF, whoever needed boosters for you know what contact me now.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Already killed 'em. Was a nice battle, required some planning.

Also cuck rating means "Yes end the game now" right? I am not deeply into Net lingo, I suppose that means you are ok with getting cuckolded out of the game. Fair enough.

:incline:

Up to KN then to choose.

EDIT: Also, I did want to see Cata in action. But with two major powers out of three chainstaling this simply leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. Merely askin' though.

I could have blitzed in and ended the game already quite some time ago, but I'm not an asshat.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Well, for the first non-Nationgen non-Disciples game I win this was anticlimactic. But pushing this forward with three player and the other two Big Powers chainstaling, under Cataclysm even, would sap my will to live. A single turn already requires two hours, and hell, I asked for authorization to end this. Everyone 1) didn't reply 2) okayed this (thanks Mondblut for never saying no properly :lol:, also, would you truly enjoy a game with no opposition?Seriously?)

Well, pity-me-post over...

SCELERIA WINS

dancing-skeletons-234.gif

Not bad for a nation I never played and here just for meme value.

xmiYjEY.jpg

BETTER TO SERVE UNDER THE ETERNAL EMPRESS THAN BEING EATEN BY HORRORS

I guess

Also shittiest bless I ever took and I managed to win

Dayyālu

Arcane
Ask Hitler in France :smug:

I find offense at your historical comparison, kind sir!

The French and the BEF fought like lions but we're strategically outmatched. Likewise the SU in 1941 despite horrendous losses. You could have said like "Hitler in Denmark" or "like Mussolini in Albania"!

Also Dec22 will evolve SOON.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Like Arco in this one.

Hey! I lost 6 good legionnaires and a sissy communicant in the war with Arco!

...actually, those monkeys from that single fortress I got from Bandar Log killed more troops. Sure, they killed their own under domination but at least they did something.

Dayyālu

Arcane
POSTMORTEM

Did you know that Dominions now has a replay system? You can see the history of the game an' shit! Cool as fuck. I needed that. So, let's discuss a bit about Decline20, first Dominions 5 game I win and first baseline Dominions game I ever win. NatGen does not count. Yeah, I'm bad at the game.

7ZyvNJj.jpg

NATION CHOICE AND PRETENDER SELECTION

QwtJlpL.png

Literally took it because I never played Sceleria and I kinda sorta liked the fan art on /domg/. Hey, made worse decisions. Would you believe that I once took LA Xibalba in a game? LA XIBALBA.

QZIwz5e.jpg

I frankly do not remember jack shit about my priorities for blessing and my original test pretenders are all lost in a HD crash. I picked a stock weak human chassis, some paths for boosters and went full scales. Growth 3 and Prod 2, methinks. The only things I truly regret are the Prod2 for reasons that I got later (nothing to say, prod 2 was good for the first 15 turns or so when you need human troops) and not picking Undead Leadership instead of Death Weapons.

See, that's because....

CK84qkc.jpg

See this guy? This is why Sceleria is awesome. I dare to say Sceleria is one of the strongest Dominions nations I've ever played, and I'm a LA Atlantis fan. See, Sceleria has all the Legionnaire stuff that Pythium or Ermor has, plus some borderline useful sacreds (Lictors and Shadow Vestals). You don't need them. You don't need anything. The Thaumaturgs are 110 Sacreds mages and they do everything.

Research monkey
Battle mages (Nether Bolt, Nether Dart, Stellar Cascades spam)
Communion Slaves
Lv2 Priests
REANIMATORS

Thaumaturgs are amazingly flexible. You don't have anything else and your Grand Thaumaturgs are cap-only, old and frail as shit. Again, you don't need anything else until lategame, Thaumaturgs are amazing both on the strategical and on the tactical sense. Why having 10 different mage types when one can do everything, lead undeads, summon undeads, fight and research? Sceleria is like Ermor on steroids: everything Ermor can do, Sceleria can do BETTER. It loses steam after midgame, of course, but all human nations do. Plus with the Tartarian boost that we got in Dom5 (no longer they are all crippled idiots, now they can be used right out of the Factory) you even have a lategame chance. Endless skellie hordes force you in a peculiar playstyle, where you simply don't care about losses.

I had fun playing Sceleria.

GRAPHS

BjLW4qO.jpg

Daily reminder that Ulm was as big as me (thanks to a random expansion spree against everyone that could not fight him properly, Man&Shinu). Started chainstaling, though, a pity.

6eMMV7l.jpg

Also richer than me. Pythium a good third.

Nh69R0a.jpg

Well, this was unexpected. But again, I had to balance Reanimation with Research. Mictlan was in worse shape than I believed, though.

cZ8f6Yu.jpg

This one is just for fun. As we all know, troop numbers are meaningless.

Closing remarks.... well, this was a fun game. Everyone was pretty much great in diplomacy, starting with KoolNoodles and Matalarata . I hope to have mantained likewise good borders with 'em. mondblut I do not exactly know if he ever fought with anyone. Isiloon gets my congrats for doing THREE times the final battle of his realm (Machaka) and killing more than a thousand skellies and a dozen Thaumaturgs. sqeecoo for almost managing again his routine of stealthily winning the game while no-one is watching too close.

coldcrow and Joined on the 4th of July for the GREAT war between Shinu and Man. It was great to see, and well-fought. You deserve more praise than me.

Yeah, it was a good run. Let the angels do battle, and let the skellies rest.

ezekiels-vision-of-the-valley-of-dry-bones-what-does-it-mean_0.jpg

mondblut

Arcane
mondblut I do not exactly know if he ever fought with anyone.

I drove Arco into quitting by besieging his cap and later on took eastern half of Abysia; Mictlan did most of the fighting there though.

I think it was in fact the most voluntary and aggressive fighting I did in MP Dominions :P Normally I just want to be left alone.

mondblut

Arcane
Yeah, territory spread matters much more and it is barely visible with those banners.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom