Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

What era we play in?

• MA

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • EA

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • LA

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

Dayyālu

Arcane
Please report.

Also, our sensors scout reports tell us that Ulm has started a war even against the peaceloving nation of Man. We wish the best of luck to the twin nations of Shinu and Man, and we hope they can join together in repelling the Ulmite aggressor.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
I will probably need an extention on this Dayyālu I'll be AFK most of the day tomorrow. I wanted to take my turn tonight but due to an extenuating battle vs 32 36 rabid wombats kids I'm totally spent. Don't you worry though, I've managed to utterly beat the little fuckers and at least 3 of them went crying to their mommies (literally).

I drive pleasure in teaching young boys and girls how to shoot straight, keep posture and trigger discipline. I am probably a very bad person :smug:.

tl:dr plz extend tomorrow evening if I haven't submitted, I will probably be unable to post in order to remind you. Probably.

Edit: thanks for your patience, gentlemen.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Update: Heart of Quickness is great.

XHZLthC.jpg

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Matalarata Well one interesting thing to do with an amphibious Bane Lord, is he can walk a couple provinces deep into water from land. R'lyeh's capital for instance. Not that I'm going to do that.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
What a coincidence! I have at least 3 harbs able to reach R'Lyeh's capital this turn (wherever it is situated, my black servants will find it in a couple turns top), not that I would be doing that though. Thugs aren't very well suited vs tentacles anyway. Nope, faboulous Pythium's holy majorette cloud trapeze circus will be performing in different locales. We have a very high number of requests, plz book prenotations if interested!

mondblut

Arcane
A kind reminder that YsExpress is making things almost for free. (gotta use dat forge one way or another... pls don't dispel :D ) We are accepting orders from everyone!

Infinitum

Scholar
Hey, at least my upkeep went down :M

Yeah, I feel like there isn't much more I can do in this position. No research, and no gold with which to build enough water mages and meteorite guard to turn back that tide. Guess there's only two things to do before resuming stall/AI (whichever is more convenient)? First off congratualtions to those ganking me. Would've probably done the same in your position, no hard feelings.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Dat poor star children :lol: he was incredibly lucky, like a kitten fishing in a pond containing ~25 sharks and 3 anchovies. He managed to snatch 2 fishies before biting more than he could chew.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Competing Shark Attacks made things interesting, but slightly buffed Trolls underwater are insanely durable even if they can't hit much. Still, a decent fight. :salute:
1Hjna5i.jpg

JlQj1sh.jpg

m6MxqNm.jpg

Infinitum

Scholar
Yeah, didn't help that I was nowhere near Ench 7 for currents and the Vastness landed smack in the middle of them; relatively low damage output + regenerating bulkiness + antimagic going up = sad panda. To add insult to injury I'm pretty sure most of the big sharks spawned midfield whilst your army held up beating it into submission and ate my chaff shield. Surprised to see the tentacles performing so poorly, but I'm guessing the trolls drew their fire as well?

mondblut

Arcane
Tell us how the thing works when it happens!

Like dat:

FVWPc9Z.jpg

Next turn Eater of Rims attacked another of my thrones and got pwned a second time, this time underwater (another rudra with wave trident swapped for one of moonblades). The same turn the last AIs' dominion got snuffed out. As a parting fuck you, Eater of Gods ate one of my disciples, so she couldn't join the afterparty :(

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah, didn't help that I was nowhere near Ench 7 for currents and the Vastness landed smack in the middle of them; relatively low damage output + regenerating bulkiness + antimagic going up = sad panda. To add insult to injury I'm pretty sure most of the big sharks spawned midfield whilst your army held up beating it into submission and ate my chaff shield. Surprised to see the tentacles performing so poorly, but I'm guessing the trolls drew their fire as well?

AFAIK mindblast and other spells like to target bigger stuff first, so my Toads and Serpents got blasted(and Toads have bad MR). Then again, all that militia chaff of mine got blasted too because they were out in front. I think there was just too much stuff going on, and yeah once AM was up then mind blasts only paralyzed a few Trolls here and there(decent MR to begin with) and rarely did any damage...then the Illithids ran out of ammo and went into melee against 20% regenerating buffed trolls with friendly currents so wasn't going to end well.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Bros, I'll be away on vacation from April 14 to April 28. That's a long while, so vote time: do you want to wait, or do you want me to find a sub?

It looks like I can find good subs for all the games, although obviously I'm perfectly happy with a long pause so I get to keep the reins myself. But it's your decision, since you'd be the ones waiting for my convenience. What say you?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Reminder: Decline20 hosting in about 0 minutes

WTF was that??

llamaserver crapping itself.

We honour you, Warriors of Machaka: your last stand was glorious, and you deeds great. Hundreds of skellitons were killed by your spells and weapons, great glory has been gained by your warriors. You can rest easy, as the Lion will live in glory under our wise rule.

127L14102_7NPXM.jpg

That said, casting Mass Flight on thousands of Skeletons and Soulless, with the new animations, causes the effect I will name as "Mass Skellliton Rapture" and it's the most hilarious thing I've seen in the past month.

wECwr1k.jpg

BEAM ME DOWN SCOTTY

I need to catch this on video. I was laughing for two minutes straight.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I guess I shoulda posted in both threads, but I assumed everyone that mattered was in both games.....I am travelling and needed an extension or sub. :negative:

Gonna be gone until the 3rd. MAYBE can get a turn in, but my most "free" day was today and I didn't do shit. :lol:

Dayyālu

Arcane
What the heck just happened?

I did extend 36 hours (and llamaserver did not register) and now I discover that five players staled?

What the fuck?

Vote for rollback, nau. I vote nay, but I know I'll be overruled and I do it just because at last I got a nice battle out of it.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I got muy turn in but vote yea, cause it was stupid and not people's fault they stalled. Peace, love, and understanding bros.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom