Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

What era we play in?

• MA

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • EA

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • LA

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Abysia for the love of Huitzilopochtli, bless your dudes. Or bring mages. It pains me.

H5zM3Ji.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
So, I kinda like this game. I am serious, it's one of the best Dominions matches I've had in a while. So, let's do a bit of recap if anyone other than us is checking the thread. Won't happen, but whatever.

l6GJVFr.jpg

10'000 hours in Paint.

Many borders in nations I have not infiltrated extensively will be wrong. I probably fucked up the UW borders and the Ulm\Abysia border, but whatever.

So, wars I know of:

SCELERIA\ABYSIA VS MICTLAN
Already fizzled into nothing as peace talks are ongoing.
SHINU VS MAN
This one is awesome. Man was almost dead but it's now bouncing back.
MACHAKA VS ATLANTIS
Ya'll saw the battle, who knows what's happening down there.
MARIGNON (AI) VS SHINU\ULM
AI cleanup.
ARCO (AI) VS PYTHIUM\STARSPAWNS
AI cleanup.

Well, for a game in the middle of turn 40 we're kinda healthy. Shitton of medium-sized nations (pretty much everyone) and not a single Big Scary Empire. Fuck, KoolNoodles , you are far smaller than I thought. Also, same for Starspawns.

Remember, 30 turns before Apocalypse.

ALSO WHY THE FUCK THERE IS A MACHAKAN FORT IN THE MIDDLE OF FUCKIN NOWHERE

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
You are small and inconsequential and peaceful and somewhat similar in shape too...

Also you're a good comrade.

And you forgot one (1) Bandar Log's province!

edit: mistifications

edit 2: history won't be changed so easily!

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I won't make excuses, but the Arco AI move kinda fucked me out of five-ish easy provinces(was right outside his cap when he went AI and promptly bought every merc etc.), and then of course was too slow to jump on TC(My "honorable" NAP adherence kinda messed me up there).

Really though, poor expansion and bad scale+bless choice for me. Not my best at all. :negative:

Dayyālu

Arcane
MA Mictlan seems to be the lesser of the Mictlans too. I mean, you gotta break into blood in any case, your sacreds are fine but only fine, and your troop line-up is the usual.

And you forgot one (1) Bandar Log's province!

I have pretty much gave to the Relevant Powers the smaller\AI provinces. Simplicity. Also, your message has been improved by the Scelerian Committee for Comfortable Representation.

That or Bogarussian hackers.

Say it a few more times and we will totally believe you.

Ys, you both have Thrones and provinces. You'd be surprised to realize that I have roughly only eight provinces more than you, and I'm not an UW power impossible to defeat in his own turf. About Ulm, I know very little.

:smug:

Dayyālu

Arcane
But you can drown him in skeletons.

Ys is pretty much custom-built to fuck up masses of chaff, and Poor Amphibians would not make good fighters. Furthermore, I don't share a border with them if they don't kill Abysia or Mictlan first (a job that would probably take them until lategame).

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Patala has 1 fort left that's not worth cracking by the looks of it - didnt know Atlantis has so much ocean... owell - hey Yomi ;)

my "1 province" is a result of Atlantis attacking me and now he's been temporarily repelled - so I'll be retaking some of me land back now kthx.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Thanks Dayyalu, that's a very nice recap and I agree that th

Wait. Hold on, hold on. A post where Dayyalu is NOT whining and is actually happy?! Are you ok man? Drugs? Alcohol? What's going on?

Anyway, your map is correct as far as I know (except that Man owns an extra province on my border with him). You have, however, missed one of the great and enduring mysteries of this game, an anomaly in space-time that has made me question my sanity many times:

20180301095123_1.jpg

TWO INDY PROVINCES THAT HAVE BEEN UNCLAIMED SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME. It's here on your map:

l6_GJVFr.jpg

Please, please, can someone explain? Squids? Fishmen?

And yeah, the cataclysm is coming too soon! This is a fun one. Though it's pretty clear who's in the lead ;)

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
I haven't touched those as I didn't want to anger the squids any more than I did by gettting those 2 provinces in the beginning that caused a diplomatic row with them. I can happily claim them tho if no one wants them

mondblut

Arcane
Sheeit. It took four of us to keep AI Arco contained (but not yet destroyed). What would happen with AI squids largely invulnerable in their pond?

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Fellow gentlemen, a friendly reminder that your most fabulous nation sells finely tailored and queerily decorated suits of rainbow armor (different choice of glittery decoration are available, like the newly trending "Cuckface" or old glories like "Sissy needs a Daddy"), embroidered amulets of antimagic (I WITHDRAW CONSENT. MAGIC IS RAPE) and colorful wyrm-sized carpets, cozy, warm and prone to spontaneous levitation.

Oh, and for those struggling with logistics, we have the full set of scuba gear at your disposal. Directly from the gayest beaches of Crete!

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Ok. extending.

JagreenLern , don't send the turn in. If you know anyone who would like to play, get in.

Grif , despite stales Starspawns are in a nice position.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom