Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

What era we play in?

• MA

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • EA

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • LA

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
the moment you are going to raid I am pretty sure to move my sorcerors all over the place. Sooner or later they will catch her. Also that's a pretty expensive raider, should be bad if something happens to her.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Matalarata Extremely expensive. Harbingers make good raiders, but that's maybe all they should do(or mixed into an army). I'd probably take off everything but the brand and shield. With mistform/mirror image/whatever bless that should be enough to handle PD10 and that's really all the risk you want it to handle. Could throw on Armor of Knights later(because it is really cheap).

So many things that can counter a smaller thug like that, not to mention the randomness of Dominions. Save your gems!

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Guys... That's the image I posted on page 4-5 (or 6) of this same thread... not my actual set-up. It's from my very first SP game. Obviously I have no intention of sending 75 or so gems blind, nor would I gear a thug like that to raid goblins in particular.
And, just to say things straight coldcrow has a number of undefended temple provinces with no forts anyway. Good luck catching a single harbinger, much less 4 at the same time. But feel free to disagree!
I was just being a stereotypical Italian guy, Mafia style. Why Dayyālu gets all the free passes while I'm reprimanded :argh:

Here, have a racist rating. The both of you.

Edit: Page 9

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Half of my blood comes for the eternal grudges of the Sacra Corona Unita, while the other half seethes with the ferocious rage of the 'Ndrangheta, the worst of the bunch. We ate Cosa Nostra for breakfast and turned the Camorra into our personal game of monopoly, for shit and giggles.
An ex-boss became, literally, a stable boy for Berlusconi when we decided it was due time we took their lands, money and mussels.

And I was raised among the sweet, sweet, hills of Tuscany. I'm less than a ruffiano. Maybe a picciotto or even lower...
:negative:

I'd never trade this:
podere-belvedere-559335435-59812d6668e1a20011cad8ff.jpg

for this:
001_672-458_resize.jpg

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Can I get like a 4 hour extension? Won't be able to make it to send the turn by like an hour, but just to be sure.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Welp, Sceleria now has an easy path to my 5 throne points(they are literally on our shared border and he just attacked), and victory(Did I mention Abysia is helping be Kingmaker?). Good job ignoring a massive undead nation lads. Better geopolitics next time. Time to go AI. I'll be sure to vacate the thrones first though to make this end faster.

Kidding.....about going AI. Though it does seem fashionable these days :lol:

Edit: I will say, kudos to the assassins, I always forget they are a thing. It will not be a tough resistance from The Stalegiver. Poor middle game, Arco AI fiasco, didn't jump on TC early enough to get land, should have killed Abysia.....something else other than having to turtle with death scale. I was trying to bluff my way to victory. :M

sqeecoo

Arcane
Fuck, I didn't get notifications for this thread! And I'm subscribed and all. Wait, is Sceleria about to win? Goddammit I didn't even do anything this game yet!

mondblut

Arcane
Welp, Sceleria now has an easy path to my 5 throne points(they are literally on our shared border and he just attacked), and victory(Did I mention Abysia is helping be Kingmaker?).

Well, you can invite the Ysian ladies to these thrones and let the most peaceful nation settle this. Just thinkin'.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Welp, Sceleria now has an easy path to my 5 throne points(they are literally on our shared border and he just attacked), and victory(Did I mention Abysia is helping be Kingmaker?).

Well, you can invite the Ysian ladies to these thrones and let the most peaceful nation settle this. Just thinkin'.

You'd have to walk a ways, and then fight whatever massive entrenched hordes will be parked on them by the time you get there.....but sure, you can try! :love:

Thrones will be taken in 2-3 turns, from the looks of it you will need 4-5 to get to those provinces if you beeline to them right now from your position. Question is, does Dayyālu have two more points in thrones near enough to him? My limited scouting says that is highly probable.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I have a single 1point throne, and Mictlan has almost enough to win. Check the stats . Trying to stop a throne rush was an obvious move. Give me one of the border thrones and I can rest peacefully.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I will make this easy for everyone, even with my shit scouting. The southern most scout died so I am not exactly sure of Sceleria's borders, but suffice to say they are close enough to the throne there. Those are the throne points, you can do the math. His protestations about me "winning" fall flat, which he knows. I'll even show you who owns the other thrones near me, and the massive armies on them, if you want.

TLDR: Ignore the Scelerian smoke screen, he can easily win within a few turns if nobody moves. Do you know how fast a thousand skeletons tear down walls? Hint: immediately.

C0nasDO.jpg

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
:love: It's p. fun so far. Learning alot about the game and which spells to prioritize in the future. Should have went deep into conjuration much sooner.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I will make this easy for everyone, even with my shit scouting. The southern most scout died so I am not exactly sure of Sceleria's borders, but suffice to say they are close enough to the throne there. Those are the throne points, you can do the math. His protestations about me "winning" fall flat, which he knows. I'll even show you who owns the other thrones near me, and the massive armies on them, if you want.

TLDR: Ignore the Scelerian smoke screen, he can easily win within a few turns if nobody moves. Do you know how fast a thousand skeletons tear down walls? Hint: immediately.

"Scelerian smoke screen".

KoolNoodles, I have a single Throne point. I have done some basic math. You and Ys are close enough to get a Throne win if you rush properly. I asked you to leave me one of the border Throne provinces in exchange for other provinces and payment, simply to feel safe (because honestly I want to see this game reach turn 70 and I mean it, even if I could I won't Throne Rush because I want to see Armageddon and honestly this is one of the best Dominions games I've had in a while).

I offer again to retreat all my forces if you give me a Throne province and compensation for the war (lands for Abysia, mostly, as he has been a good ally). We can be at peace even now if you wish so. I merely need to be sure you won't run for the win.

And about other Thrones, I have NAPs or defensive alliances with most other players and I don't break them without reason. As you can prove, as I told you I was going to attack following our treaty and even got to wait until you stopped staling (what player would have left three turns of unopposed invasion go wasted?).

If it was for me, eating alive AI Marignon would have been wiser. I had both the resources and the location to do it.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Dayyālu If you want peace, security, and world order(or whatever), I'd give up the three point throne I marked. Abysia can get fucked though, I've no sympathy for vultures who don't even bless their own troops in battle(this makes Quetzalcoatl weep).

Your call on that, but we'd best be quick. There are going to be at least three huge battles this turn. :positive:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
So I poked Atlantis and got smashed (fucking barbed armor), Atlantis then decided to invade me proper with a doom stack that includes his pretender.

Seeing this as an existential threat I rallied the mage stack of doom and went to meet the threat - with poison wards to stop the same shit as last time.

I staled a turn unfortunately.. and he took my nice province with F2E1S2 indie mages - but then, werewolves took the provinces and trapped him inside the castle!

I attacked the werewolf stack, surely enough so did he and our forces collided.. unfortunately I did downgrade many spiders, but it was worth it I think.

TCd0gc9.png

Q1Pqt9j.png

The pain train is real
l1UvC8I.jpg

d7299b0a-9243-41ab-a15a-4d5f31b2a68b
oSZB2Qz.png
Unfortunately most of the damage was friendly fire lol... but yea..

Now Atlantis pretender is stuck in the castle, maybe he will escape :)

Dayyālu

Arcane
MA Atlantis has already no chance at all, and that army was subpar to fight. Beating MA Atlantis isn't hard, and your army was murdersacreds.

He should have kept himself inside the fort, and choked you with Elemental spam and his blockers during the storming.

Direct conflict isn't the MA Atlantis way.

EDIT: Also the Man-Shinu conflict is one of the best wars I've seen in a while. It's truly a good one.

Last edited:

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
So I poked Atlantis and got smashed (fucking barbed armor), Atlantis then decided to invade me proper with a doom stack that includes his pretender.

Seeing this as an existential threat I rallied the mage stack of doom and went to meet the threat - with poison wards to stop the same shit as last time.

I staled a turn unfortunately.. and he took my nice province with F2E1S2 indie mages - but then, werewolves took the provinces and trapped him inside the castle!

I attacked the werewolf stack, surely enough so did he and our forces collided.. unfortunately I did downgrade many spiders, but it was worth it I think.

TCd0gc9.png

Q1Pqt9j.png

The pain train is real
l1UvC8I.jpg

d7299b0a-9243-41ab-a15a-4d5f31b2a68b
oSZB2Qz.png
Unfortunately most of the damage was friendly fire lol... but yea..

Now Atlantis pretender is stuck in the castle, maybe he will escape

Where is that autism tag when you need it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom