Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

What era we play in?

• MA

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • EA

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • LA

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

Dayyālu

Arcane
Ah, fuck it. Never strayed from SP and have no idea how you set up multiplayer but I got the core gameplay loop of analysis paralysis -> death by pachyderm down pat. Can I play?

EDIT: Uruk if I may?

Uhhhh I kinda wanted Uruk. No biggie.

WE HAVE THE TENTH CHOSEN. THE DEAD GODS ARE CALLING

http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Decline20

In MP we play through Llamaserver.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=1890

IF YOU COME FROM SP ASK TO US THINGS ASK ASK ASK DON'T GO BLIND

Ask through PM or here. ASKASKASK

And don't trust sqeecoo. Trust me instead. I'm your friend.

I TAKE MARIGNON

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Since I have no idea what the fook I am doing, Pythium!

To hasten my vanquish. Prepare yourself for Lulzy communions®
any success will be purely accidental

I will choose...

89O17N3.jpg

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Good luck all, see you in the next games hopefully. :positive:

Edit: Fiddled with Uruk a little last night, and fear+trample with the new combat system seems quite powerful, since the trampler "hits" much more often? Haven't really dived into when checks are made, but the Uruk baby dragon tramplers were really effective even by themselves, where before something like that might have a go, then get stabbed to death/rout.

Will have to test the new system more, changes a lot of old strategies I think!

Edit2: Also, watch out for crippled units dying. Can really mess plans up.

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Ehhh, I guess I can try my old favorite, Agartha? I don't even know what the changes are :)

Infinitum

Scholar
Uuuh so are the created pretenders in the (...)dominions5/savedgames/newlords folder by default? I can see a mid_ur file in there with a correctish timestamp; that what I email to llamaserver?

EDIT: Apparently, reading is tech, I'm in!

Last edited:

Infinitum

Scholar
reddit said:
2) - pretender benefits from own bless inside own dominion. With the new bless effects, this means you can stick a lot of really OP buffs on chasses that used to have to wait until level 3 or 4 research to get them. Used to only be able to turn 1 expand with a dragon or earth serpent. Now, almost any monster or titan can do it with the right bless combos. All of the major blesses I looked into are cheaper than they used to be, with the exception of quickness @ 10 water (ouch), but it is also double move and attack instead of 1.5 like in dom4 (Archo wind riders with this bless are terrifying, I expect any mounted unit with a lance is). However, you miss out on the old minor blesses most of the time, as opposed to dom4 where you always got both. I like the new system a lot.

I uh.

I need to rethink those scales..

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I stand by Ashdod, never played them before, so this is a good time as any.

sqeecoo

Arcane
reddit said:
2) - pretender benefits from own bless inside own dominion. With the new bless effects, this means you can stick a lot of really OP buffs on chasses that used to have to wait until level 3 or 4 research to get them. Used to only be able to turn 1 expand with a dragon or earth serpent. Now, almost any monster or titan can do it with the right bless combos. All of the major blesses I looked into are cheaper than they used to be, with the exception of quickness @ 10 water (ouch), but it is also double move and attack instead of 1.5 like in dom4 (Archo wind riders with this bless are terrifying, I expect any mounted unit with a lance is). However, you miss out on the old minor blesses most of the time, as opposed to dom4 where you always got both. I like the new system a lot.

I uh.

I need to rethink those scales..

Where did you find this bro? I'd like to read the whole thing, seems useful :)

EDIT: And actually, can I play Abysia instead? I see that they have some changes, and I always kinda wanted to try them out in dom4 as well.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Get your effin' shit together. mondblut , we're ten people. I need to add another one or not, and in the case, I'd need to force people to resend Pretenders. Think carefully.

And fast.

No, sqeecoo , you don't get Abysia as Berekän got it first. Sorreh.

If we get 11 players hmmmhn.... random map and pray the algorithms are better this time?

That means waiting to upload Pretenders and resubmit for Ashdod Arco and Uruk. Mondblut, confirm and I'll redo the thing.

Oh God, I miss already SAAAAAANTA MAAAAAAARIA

KoolNoodles

Arcane
If you guys have to do a bigger(random) map, which seem to generate much better, I can join as Mictlan.

With a few early stales of course...... :M

mondblut

Arcane
Get your effin' shit together. mondblut , we're ten people. I need to add another one or not, and in the case, I'd need to force people to resend Pretenders. Think carefully.

And fast.

No, sqeecoo , you don't get Abysia as Berekän got it first. Sorreh.

If we get 11 players hmmmhn.... random map and pray the algorithms are better this time?

That means waiting to upload Pretenders and resubmit for Ashdod Arco and Uruk. Mondblut, confirm and I'll redo the thing.

Well, since KN had a change of heart too, you can make it 12 :)

Random map should be obviously pre-generated, you can only trust the algorithms to a certain degree. Generated by Dayyalu (or someone else who is more productive than I am with Steel Panthers map generation).

Then we could have a debate about map generator options...

:martini:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom