Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

What era we play in?

• MA

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • EA

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • LA

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
sign me up for new game lol

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Then write in the already created new game thread goddammit :argh:

Some people are also prone to sudden disappearances, nothing personal mate.

edit: I mean, they suddenly stop playing. It sounded a lot more mafia style than I originally intended :lol:

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Wait, just to be clear, is Atlantis AI? Who is playing it? I didn't quite get the talk about switching raw, Muty etc.

Dayyālu

Arcane
If anyone is still playing Atlantis, they should really stay the fuck out of my dominion and allow me to claim that throne, because I can see their armies, and I'm not impressed.

If you are Atlantis, please call the service 800 - 777 - SCELERIA.

We once won a war with MA Atlantis, we can give you hints.

AHAHAHAHAHA who I'm kidding you are fucked

Raw is still Bandar and Muty is still Atlantis.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
ieJskSr.png

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Wait, just to be clear, is Atlantis AI? Who is playing it? I didn't quite get the talk about switching raw, Muty etc.
If anyone is still playing Atlantis, they should really stay the fuck out of my dominion and allow me to claim that throne, because I can see their armies, and I'm not impressed.
If you bothered to send out a scout you would've seen that our capitals are 3 provinces apart. What the fuck do you expect that I'll let you take a province right next to my cap?

Dayyālu

Arcane
I was fucked the moment I had to chose a retarded nation.

The problem of MA Atlantis has for long eras plagued my mind. The solution I've find is peculiar: MA Atlantis should ignore the vast majority of its UW recruits.

Coastal forts is where it's at. Spam Seers and focus completely on Elemental and Magical spam. Tramplers can be used to expand or in an emergency, but everything else is chaff. The only worthwile recruits are Militia and Reef Dwellers. Priests are sometimes useful, and Kings of the Deep are kinda killy when you reach enough research and have an economy to support them.
Nonetheless, the basics of a somewhat viable MA Atlantis are to spam Coastal forts and pray no one finds you too dangerous until you have everything on line (Elementals, Evocation spam, a critical number of mages and enough chaff).

In this particular game, both Starspawns and Ys could probably walk on MA Atlantis' cap without opposition, if you didn't pick an awake Combat SC (and you SHOULD, MA Atlantis expansion is anemic as it is and its earlygame defenses laughable).

MA Atlantis, and in particular, when you know that you are going against Starspawns, requires planning. Trust me, it can be done.

It's simply ball-bustingly hard. Ys is nearby?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd join another game, I don't mind racking up back-to-back wins (cultural peaceful victories, please respect my borders I am harmless).

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Speaking of staying off turf, Ys what are you doing on dry land? Get back under the waves you heathens.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Speaking of staying off turf, Ys what are you doing on dry land? Get back under the waves you heathens.

I'd have loved to write a post about Ys on this map, but they told me a image has the value of thousands of words.

yz5go4X.jpg

You know that shitty copypasta mondblut has as a signature? It's kind of the stock Ys modus operandi. If he wants to stay on land, good luck at throwing him back. Sea elves, how the fuck they work (in before someone notices they are females for maximum lulz)

mondblut

Arcane
I'd have loved to write a post about Ys on this map, but they told me a image has the value of thousands of words.

yz5go4X.jpg

You know that shitty copypasta mondblut has as a signature? It's kind of the stock Ys modus operandi. If he wants to stay on land, good luck at throwing him back. Sea elves, how the fuck they work (in before someone notices they are females for maximum lulz)

Speaking of images:

4m7919K.png

They had a rainbow pretender on their side. We had brands, quicken self and mistform. We won.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Ys sacred knights is Illwinter going "Hey Elves are murderous bastards how we can make them worse".

Strategically they are amphibious, fast, and in Dom4 they were the only units that could move more than one sea province if I remember right. They aren't stealthy because that would have been insane.

Tactically they have everything. Stock elven cavalry stats (crazy high defense, good armour, Glamour, high magic resistance). Plus they have that bullshit area attack that is a direct "fuck you you die" because area attacks ignore defense and go straight for the pain). If you build them as efficient sacreds with regen, awe or something else, you need to build specific counters.

That's why I asked if Ys was near Starspawns or Atlantis, because you are both kinda dead in the case. Well, MA Starspawns has ways to deal with Ys, truth be told.

They had a rainbow pretender on their side. We had brands, quicken self and mistform. We won.

Tbh, EA starspawns are almost as bad as MA Atlantis, and that lineup is particularly shitty (1k Polypal Spawns?)

Lizzurd

Cipher
Honestly I am pretty surprised of how well you rank Ys. Its sacreds are extremely expensive, and even the smallest raid party will cost as good airport. Their sacreds are impossibly bad under the ways because they lose their fiery breath. Even shark tribe can deal with them underwater.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Honestly I am pretty surprised of how well you rank Ys. Its sacreds are extremely expensive, and even the smallest raid party will cost as good airport. Their sacreds are impossibly bad under the ways because they lose their fiery breath. Even shark tribe can deal with them underwater.

What can stop them UW bar massed Starspawn mind blasts (that stop mostly everything, yeah). Once they secure UW they have frankly excellent abovewater capabilities, and they don't need even a shitton of research to make them work.

Compare with MA Atlantis.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom