Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 12 - Like Lambs to the slaughter *purr* [ We need more catnip! ]

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Guise, I'm travelling tomorrow! So ehm, I guess I'd need an extension until next Friday? I mean my poor Sceleria is only a bit player at this point, perhaps my teammates can do the turn - but I won't be available until Friday, sorry :)

Yes, perhaps your teammates should do your turn. Have a safe trip though. :D

mondblut

Arcane
By the way, what happens to disciples when team leader is "permanently vanquished"? They still chug along happily in SP, and even dominion is still present. Yet even if they were to resurrect the leader, wouldn't he immediately get vanquished back with no provinces to his name?

mondblut

Arcane
Ah, I see. He can't be resurrected, but the team can still fight in his name. Not much sense there...

KoolNoodles

Arcane
GG folks.

Cx2fhZm.jpg

Zzz

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
And I don't even get a chance to use stellar cascades :rpgcodex:
Next time, I'm doing a quadruple bless rush!

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, at least it is over , pretty much ;)
Lessons learned:
  • Never trust goats.
  • A siege on your cap within the first year will probably slightly hamper your expansion.
  • Asphodel :argh:
  • I wanna play UW again.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Thanks to Lizzurd for keeping me up with the game and even sending a turn to me to check the madness.

I'll have to admit that I was kinda amazed to see how the match evolved, I would have expected people to fortify heavily the Thrones near their spawns and then run a meatgrinder on the centre as fast as possible.

At least, that was why I set up the Thrones that way. Instead, I saw people focusing more on killing directly the others, and the Unded team (bar the regrettable loss of Sceleria) ready to deliver a killing Throne rush blow.

What was the plan for the others teams, honestly? I'm curious.

Happy to see that this game rolled out and ended without need of further imput, though. I don't even remember why the fuck the mapmaking and 'shit fell to me.

1344426-geneforge3.png

I'm old, and tired. Hope the next Pantokrator does a better job.

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Whatever our plan was, it got screwed by trying to help breaking Agartha's siege. And failing at that multiple times :lol:

And seriously - there was quite a bit of bad luck involved.
My personal highlight was my disciple deciding to use weak spells instead of transforming into a dragon during an assassination attempt, only transforming into a dragon after losing the head - and not being quite the same afterwards ;)

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
At least, that was why I set up the Thrones that way. Instead, I saw people focusing more on killing directly the others, and the Unded team (bar the regrettable loss of Sceleria) ready to deliver a killing Throne rush blow.

Loss?? Sceleria ain't lost! You might be confusing it with Agartha :D

But yeah, it's not yet turn 30 and the game seems in danger of ending before that benchmark or soon after. Does this always happen in disciple games? I would love to play one that actually went on to midgame at least. I mean, at this point still it's completely possible for a team leader to micromanage everything, and as a disciple you basically just click where you're told. I feel that once the turns get complex enough that the leader can't follow every little thing and has to start seriously delegating does it get truly interesting.

Could this be arranged? Perhaps a forced no-aggression till turn 20/30 game with predetermined territory split? BGH 10 min no rush?

mondblut

Arcane

Same, except covertly and relying on the others being too entangled with each other to notice. If only Agartha held a couple of turns more...

Dayyālu

Arcane
Does this always happen in disciple games?

Could this be arranged? Perhaps a forced no-aggression till turn 20/30 game with predetermined territory split? BGH 10 min no rush?

Disciple games are always shorter than "proper" games, for obvious reasons (no diplo shenanigans between Disciples means that diplo is easier and more direct). On the Throne rush thing, I'm responsible: my only win in Dominions was in the first NationGen game, and that made me realize that Throne games should avoid huge numbers of Throne points or settings that pretty much guarantee a DeathMatch-in-disguise: Throne Rushes need also quite a big amount of skill and diplo to be realized, and make a game far more exciting than the usual endless drag of 90+ turns DeathMatch games.

I expected this to end on turn 40, when someone would get workable Battlefield spells for cleaning up the center. It was even faster.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Gonna extend for ~12 hours since we're at such a critical point in the game, I need more time than what I've had these last couple of days.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Ahahahaha I just read this thread from back to front because
:avatard:

first ~12 or 15 pages is trying to organize game which seemed more complicated than US elections and then game starts and 2 pages later its finished!?!

:happytrollboy:

Had I been aware of this game during formation, I would have volunteered and fleshed out at least another 5-6 pages with my usual emotionally charged drivel

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom