Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decent to play Flash games

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Not sure if posted before. Goddamn awesome though.

Luftrauser.

And while we were at it. I remember a thread here about a damn good flash beat 'em up that reminded me a little of Golden Axe. I liked it and so did plenty of others. Can't remember the name of the game though. Anyone knows what it was called?

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Xenosquad. EXCELLENT Incubation clone. 3d environment, turn-based squad battles, decent amount of stats and upgrades, very crisp and pleasing graphics, good mechanics. I'm having just as much fun with this as with Legend of Grimrock. Amazing, how far flash games have come, this basically looks like a "real" game...!

http://armorgames.com/play/12509/xenosquad

Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet, to me it tops Kingdom Rush, and manages to scratch that specific squadbased strategy itch.

kazgar

Arcane
http://armorgames.com/play/4594/1066

Only had a quick go at this, but made by uk's channel 4, so must be linked to some historical documentary. Seems a interesting strategy game based on the saxon/norman/viking clusterfuck of the named year. Though it may be more about winning a few minigames then proper flanking and reserves/etc.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's pretty solid. It's an almost direct copy from what I recall, so if you (like me) had problems getting populous to work modern OS then this is a great alternative. Nice music and graphics, aside from the derpy depth of field.

http://www.reprisaluniverse.com/site/playreprisal/
4WqWb.png

Good find, dude!

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
ir/rational Redux

"Ir/rational is written, designed and developed by Tom Jubert (Penumbra's Narrative Designer), with music by award-winning Penumbra composer, Mikko Tarmia."

07-5.jpg

07-21.gif

Pretty nice, albeit short, game about formal logic. Quite interesting and enjoyable.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
Burrito Bison Revenge

and

Flood Runner 4

Simple games but omg addicting.
on kongregate

Gregz

Arcane

They're both pretty great, but I agree it was slightly better.

I still can't imagine how sgc_meltdown made it to the hidden boss considering the requirements (40 6-star games).

I spent about 2 hours last night playing the burrito bison game, pretty hilarious art style and concept, fun gameplay except towards the end where I felt like I was 'waiting' to pass the first 2 or 3 walls. Very fun tho.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I also beat all content at that pigs game, it's not too hard because unlike in Kingdom Rush, you get to keep all the upgrades even if you play the earliest levels again. So everything becomes gradually easier, and you can get the top results even for boss levels. Was a nice game that.

Personally I don't like that burrito thing, the flood runner was more for me.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
Monsters Den: Godfall > Sonny 3

:rpgcodex:

also, that relic of war game aint bad. Seems to be made by the Necronator guys.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom