Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics Deadnaut - Space Exploration with Alien / Space Hulk / Cthulhu influence?

Epsilon

Cipher
This game appeals to me, unfortunately I'm on Arch Linux :/ - I'll give the demo a shot on wine.

Multi-headed Cow

Been dicking with the demo of this. Not sure what I think. I guess my first thought is "JESUS CHRIST WHY IS THIS IMPOSSIBLE", then my second thought is "Wait a minute, everything seems to say Deadnaut team is 5 man. Is the demo limited to 3 man so you get raped?" and then I have no more thoughts.

Didn't really wow me like ZD did the first time I tried it, and the demo didn't really push me strongly in one direction or another. If there's assloads of content and variety in the full version I could see the gameplay that the demo showed me being interesting, but the demo seems limited enough that it's really hard to gauge. Apparently a whole Deadnaut campaign is only 4 missions/runs long too, which sort of implies limited content that you burn through in short randomized campaigns. Not much room to grow or expand. Also not sure how much enemy variety there is. Functionally the "Type-a" aliens I ran in to every run were identical. The fluff descriptions were different but every time they were red blips that went "SCREEEEEEE" and dragged my people off to ravage them. Again, not sure if that's a demo limitation or how the game actually plays.

Edit: Oh yeah. Another bummer. Since there is seemingly no way to heal your dudes on a mission (At least as far as I've seen in the demo) it's a pain in the ass that you can't set formations. Everyone just kinda shuffles around as they are, can't have your healthy people specifically leading the charge through doorways unless you wanna get fiddly. And since there's no pausing you don't really want to get fiddly since more time ticking by means more aliums coming through the warp.

Norfleet

Edit: Oh yeah. Another bummer. Since there is seemingly no way to heal your dudes on a mission (At least as far as I've seen in the demo) it's a pain in the ass that you can't set formations. Everyone just kinda shuffles around as they are, can't have your healthy people specifically leading the charge through doorways unless you wanna get fiddly. And since there's no pausing you don't really want to get fiddly since more time ticking by means more aliums coming through the warp.
Sounds like the perfect shitfest storm of real-time, no pause, and shitty controls for trying to manage too many pieces.

Multi-headed Cow

Do you watch the whole game through this hole?
The meat and potatoes gameplay, yeah. There are other screens to the left (Party management) and right (Shop, info you've learned thus far) but as far as I've seen neither are particularly useful when you're in a mission. Although you do have to go to party management to use stims and things.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
That's a bloody marvelous idea. More games should do that. I'm thinking about fixing my screen with tape so that I can see more games through a small hole.

10/10 in ergonomics and reasonably safe to become the new trend in gaming.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
It's on GoG sale now. Just bought it after buying a demo. Love exploration of ancient space ships/wrecks in fiction. Like the interface a lot.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Ugh, this game is nerve-racking. Second TPK on the first mission. It has very fucked up claustrophobic mood.

And sometimes there are weird things showing up on my scanner display D: .

Harthwain

Magister
A bit sad it's so minimalistic when it comes to representing the player-character and the enemies. I wouldn't mind enemies being blips until revealed, but after that having an actual model would've been great (something like Zed Zone or Door Kickers).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom