Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Dead State Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's a joke. I bet the guy replies with, "What do you think this is, a video game?"
They already have one of those moments in the shelter.

I don't think it's a good idea to fill this up with "Haha Bioware-style dialogue is so dumb!" interactions if they want me to take it seriously. It sounds rather petty and fueled by envy.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I disagree.

"Gonna talk about my boyfriend here, make a joke about it."
"You're gay?!?!?!?!?!?!"
"No. I was just pretending."

"Got anything to reward me with" is as Bioware-evil as it gets. I can't even imagine anyone saying that after helping someone out.
He means sex.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Since it's a female PC, this is going in a very weird direction.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Luxury item - strap-on for pegging. +1 morale for female NPC, -1 morale for unwilling gay male NPC

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
What is with the trend of using video games as a medium for forwarding an agenda? The token gay relationship or person, handled in a way reflecting the leftist views of the day.

Boring, transparent and meaningless. Games are not vessels for the message du jour, as if the devs have nothing better to incorporate into their games, like less failure.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
When did criticizing bad dialogue become "trying so hard for attention?"

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
What is with the trend of using video games as a medium for forwarding an agenda?
um, considering that gay people actually really exist, form a considerable portion of society, and also happen to play games, not having gay options if your game comes with a tabula rasa protagonist and includes relationship stuff would be pushing an agenda.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
When it's done shittily and obviously simply to make some social statement it is awkward and pointless. It's disingenuous and annoying to me.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
When it's done shittily and obviously simply to make some social statement it is awkward and pointless. It's disingenuous and annoying to me.
what makes you say that this is obviously to make some social statement rather than just include gay people (who, after all, make up what, 4~5%ish of american population)? does the game shower you with gay protagonists, depicting them in much better light than all the non-gay ones? nope. does it have some shittily obvious remakrs on current politics in that regard? not that i am aware of.
as far as awkward goes, nearly all the dialogues in ds are terribly awkward and cringeworthy. the best of them are just simply functional.

so, what other than this simply being a gay guy in that picture makes you say that it is included to push some agenda?

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
what makes you say that this is obviously to make some social statement rather than just include gay people (who, after all, make up what, 4~5%ish of american population)? does the game shower you with gay protagonists, depicting them in much better light than all the non-gay ones? nope. does it have some shittily obvious remakrs on current politics in that regard? not that i am aware of.
as far as awkward goes, nearly all the dialogues in ds are terribly awkward and cringeworthy. the best of them are just simply functional.

so, what other than this simply being a gay guy in that picture makes you say that it is included to push some agenda?

Now i don't mind that he is gay and if he is one of the few people that are. Now i do find it a bit pandering, but that is fine, but if they go full bioware on this then i will be annoyed.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Straight man talking about his dead girlfriend: okay
Gay man talking about his dead boyfriend: PANDERING, AGENDA

I will laugh if "You're gay?" results in getting a lecture, assuming they actually leave it in.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
dood, if i don't participate in somebody else's, i derail myself. it's one of my few codexian pleasures.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom