Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Dead State Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
am i taking crazy pills, or does everyone have piercing blue/green eyes in this game? i know it's texas but shit, does everyone have to be part of the aryan nation?

1677.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane
It's more like everyone has the same face, and I'm not sure about piercing blue eyes. I can't tell if those are eyes or gateways to hell.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
They all look someone took an early morning piss right in their eyes before their picture was taken.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I think Renee and Anita are supposed to be Hispanic. The Aryan thing is a joke, but it is a strange art choice to give everyone such piercing eyes.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Yea, I think they're reusing something in those images, they look same-y. Not a big deal, but those eyes stood out. They're cult-leader eyes.

Gozma

Arcane
am i taking crazy pills, or does everyone have piercing blue/green eyes in this game? i know it's texas but shit, does everyone have to be part of the aryan nation?

What's so damn interesting to the right and above of this cameraaaaaaaaa

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://steamcommunity.com/games/239840/announcements/detail/1876055248009113174
What We're Up To + Official Wiki Announcement
5 APRIL - CORGIPEDE
Hi everyone!

First, DoubleBear is pleased to endorse Gamepedia.com’s Dead State wiki as our official wiki for the project. The wiki has existed for a while as an unofficial resource, maintained by our most active community members - it just seemed like the logical step to make the whole thing official! If you haven’t checked it out yet, I highly recommend you visit it and consider becoming a contributor. Please spread the word to other members of the gaming community who either already love Dead State or are curious to learn more about it. Right now, there’s still a lot of content on there waiting to be fleshed out, so this is the best time to get involved and really help expand the Dead State wiki. If you’re looking for more ways to help us out in addition to playing the Early Access build and providing feedback, this is a great option! I hope this wiki proves useful to everyone, and I look forward to seeing it grow and develop!

For those who are curious what we've been up to since Update #1 - we're finishing up Systems beta, and while it may be anywhere from a couple of weeks to a month before you see our next update, it'll be a HUGE one. You'll be getting character creation, combat barks, experience progression, and more content. As always, we'll need your help and feedback to improve and tweak these systems and your bug reports to make sure we don't miss anything in the final game! In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and love seeing all the screenshots, videos, and more coming out of the community. It just makes us that much more excited and motivated to get the updates - and then the final game - out sooner!

Yours,
The DB Team

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New UPDATE: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/70755535/dead-state-the-zombie-survival-rpg/posts
Project Update #43: Early Access Update #2
Posted by DoubleBear Productions
We’ve got a major new update to the Early Access build for you today!

We’ve added character creation, basic goals (experience system), two new locations, two new random encounters, combat bark functionality (note – allies will eventually have unique barks, grabbing from generic list right now), an ambient sound system, and many bug fixes and combat balance additions (although combat is getting even more polish/balance soon.) This update introduces the rest of the functionality that forms the backbone of the entire game. From here on out, much of the work goes into improving on and building out the systems of the game rather than adding completely new functionality and screens.

Also, keep in mind that the updates only represent a small amount of the work in the game and that the majority of our work is going toward our progression playthroughs of the game. This includes maps, characters, events, weapons, enemies, neutral AI, and minor systems that are getting added or tweaked constantly these days. Crisis Events have turned out especially well – they’re definitely feeling spot on to our original outline and navigating the subleader/shelter political layer is as unique a gameplay experience as we hoped it would be. If you were looking forward to putting a lot of hours in the final release of Dead State, you will not be disappointed. And as soon as the update goes out, we’ll go back to making more maps and implementing additional dialogues to make sure that the roads out of Splendid will take you to an ever-increasing amount of destinations. Think the Coyotes are a threat? Oh, just you wait…

As always, please feel free to contact us here, on Steam, on our boards, and let us know what you think or if you’re having any problems. Even if we can’t respond to everything, we do hear you and we’re taking notes. We’re firmly committed to giving you the best survival RPG experience you’ve had, so if you don’t hear from us, it’s probably because our screens are filled with editors, emails, text files, and team chat programs. Thanks for all your patience and continued support!

Here’s the official changelog:

• Character creation system added

• Goals system added

•Player and ally experience added

• Combat bark functionality added

• Ambient sound system added

• Three new maps added

• Inter-party dialogue no longer occurs when out on a scavenging mission

• Fixed morale bonus appearing twice on DRS

• Fixed issue where food found and fuel found bonuses were not applied correctly

• Fixed issue with DRS showing unnecessary/redundant information

• Fixed an issue where KO’ed characters did not turn if killed by the undead

• Fixed an issue with saving on dialogue triggers causing crash

• Fixed the “black screen” issue

• Fixed a harvesting-related exploit • Saving during dialogue is now disabled.

• Fixed an issue where splitting ammo stack between two characters caused one pile to be destroyed

• Trade screen fixed so initiating character is on left, character clicked is on right.

• Unique items now sort to the Unique tab correctly

• Fixed an issue where pressing Esc. while split stack GUI was up caused the inventory to fail to open upon returning to game

• Fixed an issue where pressing Esc. while character selector on trade screen was selected caused trade screen to fail to open upon returning to game

• Fixed an issue where random encounters persisted on the map after reloading while inside random encounter level

• Fixed an issue where saving and reloading in a random encounter level lost player position on the map

• Revamped loot creation and distribution system.

• Two new levels and a new random encounter level added • Fixed an issue where areas appeared over harvesting and fishing locations

• Fixed an issue where harvesting zones were marked as harvested in a reloaded game

• Fixed an issue where harvesting zones disappeared after exiting and reloading game

• Spawn rates and noise variables have been adjusted

• Capped noise that can be generated in a single square

Known Issues with Update

• Combat bark variety is limited right now and allies share same set of barks with enemies; may be expanded in a future update

• Portraits and models in the CCS are temporary placeholders using future ally assets.

• Crossbow model disappears after firing

• Perks are not active in this release, may be added in a future update

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
So there is chance they will actually finish game ? Praise Steam EaelyAcces jeebus.

likaq

Arcane
http://steamcommunity.com/app/239840/reviews/?p=1&browsefilter=toprated#scrollTop=666

Jynxx 2 godz. temu
I didn't start this as some big crusade against a dev, I did it to point out how they are misusing Early Access as a pre-order service for their demo. My review has made them change several things, and instead of coming clean and addressing the issue, they chose to cover it up even MORE by removing all the places they called it a demo in their description.
Please, whether you see what they are doing or not, and agree with what I am showing you or not, please don't allow them to censor people who speak out against them like this. I don't have a clue what to do about this, but it isn't right. Even if you HATE me, please see how WRONG they are for doing this!!

Jynxx 2 godz. temu
Does anyone know how I can get a STEAM moderator involved in this? They should NOT have the ability to censor anyone who speaks out against them!!!! This is crap!

Jynxx 2 godz. temu
WHAT THE KCUF!!

The devs flagged my review as ABUSIVE, when all I am doing is telling people THE TRUTH as to what they are doing!! So now I can't even edit my own review!

THEY DELETED MY FORUM POSTS AND ULTIMATELY BANNED ME FROM THE FORUMS FOR SHOWING PEOPLE THE TRUTH, AND NOW THEY ARE TRYING TO SHUT ME UP AGAIN BY FLAGGING MY REVIEW AS ABUSIVE!!

PEOPLE!!!! LOOK AT WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO EARLY ACCESS, AND NOW ANYONE WHO DARES TO SPEAK UP ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE DOING]/U]!!!!!

Impressive butthurt. Carry on jynxx!!

:hero:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
This is pretty much the same kind of drama I am expecting on forums about reptilians. This seems pretty inappropriate indeed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom